JACKIE BRADLEY JR COMETH.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: JACKIE BRADLEY JR COMETH.........

In response to softlaw2's comment:

But I think he has made improvements down in Pawtucket, and this should be a much smaller step for him that it was earlier in the season.

Pure nonsense! He didn't "make improvement down in Pawtucket" in the few games he was there. He lit it up from the get go!

9 games isn't enough time to adjust to MLB pitching, which he needs to do in the majors. It was a pure bean counting move, and watching Carp and Gomes is about as bad as it gets. Those guys are bench guys, plain and simple.

I don't expect him to be great, but I think we will see something better than what we did earlier.

I expect him to be the great leader he's been for championship baseball teams. This team needs a young RH OF slugger, but Bradley is the CF value and fit. He will struggle until he adjusts to MLB pitching, but will develop into a higher level OBP guy and already is an outstanding defensive OF'er. Not going to be a slugging profile, but will learn to punish mistake pitches as he gets experience. Good but not great speed on the bases.

His best asset is that he is a born leader.

I wouldn't call going 6/31 his first week down in Pawtucket exactly as "liting it up from the get go" 

There are dozens if not hundreds of players in college who are "leaders" it's all about what you do in the pros.  Judging a guy based off of his college pedigree who has yet to hit above .100 in the pros is just irresponsible....try again Soft thoughts. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

this will be a quick stint for him, maybe used as a pinch hitter or a late inning defensive replacement. I still think he still needs more time at Pawtucket.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

this will be a quick stint for him, maybe used as a pinch hitter or a late inning defensive replacement. I still think he still needs more time at Pawtucket.

He will be back down when they recall Victorino.  This is what happens with young players, sometimes when they are on the cusp of a major league career they have a inbetween season where they are the up down player because they are almost ready, maybe ready, unproven, and they have options.  I  know sometimes people see that and think the player is being jerked around.  But that looks like JBJ's path to the majors, and there is nothing wrong with that because most players come up like that.  He still may be and can be an all star in his prime. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

He will be back down when they recall Victorino.  This is what happens with young players, sometimes when they are on the cusp of a major league career they have a inbetween season where they are the up down player because they are almost ready, maybe ready, unproven, and they have options.  I  know sometimes people see that and think the player is being jerked around.  But that looks like JBJ's path to the majors, and there is nothing wrong with that because most players come up like that.  He still may be and can be an all star in his prime. 

No doubt until the trade deadline to see if Ellsbury is still here. Won't hurt him to spend more time in Pawtucket and get his swings in.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't even know why I took softy off of ignore, but back he shall go. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Should be in there tonight !!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I don't even know why I took softy off of ignore, but back he shall go. 

There's just no having a conversation with the world's foremost authority on everything.

http://www.themodernword.com/pynchon/corey.jpg

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Saving him for thr YANKEE series !!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

You are not very bright Bozo.

The "BIG O" is concerned about your kind  !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Does Bill even follow the games?  How dumb is this guy?!~?!?!

'Lil Billy-69.....  NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!

We were presented a shiny ball before the season.  Many of us were mesmerized by said shiny ball, including me.  I wanted him here.   I would take him over Gomes any day of the week. 

BUT!!!!!!!!!    The kid is simply NOT READY!  He CAN'T hit the breaking ball inside.  He can't hit the inside cheese.  HE CAN'T SEEM TO HIT the broad side of a barn anymore.  The much vaunted 'plate discipline DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!  THE F'n emperor has no clothes (much like Obama).  Do you FREAKING GET THAT?????  I'm throwing you an analogy you can possibly relate to?????  DOUBTFUL, as extrapolation is NOT your strong suit...........

vs. Team Splits AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS TBB K GDP OBP SLG vs.Bal .000 2 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 .200 .000 vs.Cle - 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 - - vs.NYY .200 3 10 4 2 1 0 0 3 0 0 3 2 1 .429 .300 vs.Tor .091 3 11 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 5 0 .231 .091 vs.Phi .000 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 .000 .000 vs.TB .000 2 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 .000 .000 vs. AL .097 12 31 5 3 1 0 0 3 1 0 6 12 1 .263 .129 vs. NL .000 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 .000

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

ooooops!

His splits didn't paste very well.  Trust me billy-69.  They SUKKKKKKKK!

Stick to your man crush on Stiffy!  At least you grovel & suck up really well......