Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight

4 for 4, double, 2 RBI. Average up to .384 for Salem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight

In Response to Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight:
    [QUOTE]4 for 4, double, 2 RBI. Average up to .384 for Salem.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

When does he get the bus ticket to Portland?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight": [QUOTE]In Response to Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight : When does he get the bus ticket to Portland? Posted by notin[/QUOTE] Portland? Just ship him on up to Boston. He is older than Bryce Harper and has to be better than Byrd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

He ended up 5 for 5 today. I tried to calculate his OBP after tonight and the numbers can't be true. It's got to be a typo!

( I got over .600 but I know that isn't right. I bet it's over .510 though ).

I'm sure his milb.com file will be corrected soon but after 113 AB, we are looking at 44 hits and 26 walks. It's got to be a typo!

This is the best performance in some ways since Ellsbury's .450 numbers in AA ball several years ago. This guy is good defensively also. He's zooming to the top of the charts along with Barnes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Another reason to trade Ellsbury, while it's still possible to claim he's great and still has 1.5 years of pre-FA Crawbust contract cost.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight": Portland? Just ship him on up to Boston. He is older than Bryce Harper and has to be better than Byrd.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Is that all Sox fans want?  I'm game.  I'm older than Bryce Harper, too.  I'll go get my glove.

Byrd is off to a slow star and, at 35, may never recover, but no one ever "has to be better" than another MLB option.  There is always room to be worse...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]He ended up 5 for 5 today. I tried to calculate his OBP after tonight and the numbers can't be true. It's got to be a typo! ( I got over .600 but I know that isn't right. I bet it's over .510 though ). I'm sure his milb.com file will be corrected soon but after 113 AB, we are looking at 44 hits and 26 walks. It's got to be a typo! This is the best performance in some ways since Ellsbury's .450 numbers in AA ball several years ago. This guy is good defensively also. He's zooming to the top of the charts along with Barnes.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's that high, but he's got a bunch of walks. I believe it's over .500 but I have not checked.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

[QUOTE]Another reason to trade Ellsbury, while it's still possible to claim he's great and still has 1.5 years of pre-FA Crawbust contract cost.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

+1
    if we can get #1 starter for him, I'm all for it :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

Yet another example of RS fans over-valuing someone. Sure, he may turn out to be great but he may also be a bust. The idea that the RS can now trade Ellsbury is silly -- they'd be trading their best player, one still under contract for a year and a half, and hoping JBJ turns out not to be like the scores of other young RS players who didn't pan out. Ellsbury is the best player on this team. Trading him is waving a flag of surrender now, for 2013 and who-knows-how-much-beyond that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight:
    [QUOTE]4 for 4, double, 2 RBI. Average up to .384 for Salem.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

It could be a guy like Bradley who makes negotiations with Boras/Jacoby short lived at some point if he matures quickly but still too early to tell.  The more talented prospects the better at all positions.  I hope it continues with guys like Middy, Lav, Bradley and hopefully Iggy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Visit Jackie Bradley, Jr. on YouTube. Very impressive kid. I could see him possibly taking Ells place in CF with the Sox picking up draft picks in return after the 2013 season unless they get a "can't refuse offer" before then.

He is having a great season at Salem--hopefully he will be in Portland soon and maybe at the PawSox for a couple of weeks in August. A solid year with the PawSox next season, a Sept. '13 call up and ready for April '14.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

This kid Bradley has what, almost three whole months of professional baseball experience ?
    Yes, he looks great, and will no doubt be in Portland by mid-August.
    But let's not get carried away here.
    On another thread some darn fool thought the Phillies would trade Cole Hamels straight up for Will Middlebrooks, for gosh' sake.

The future looks good, but let's not curse these kids with undue expectations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Bradley is a former college player not a kid out of HS. What was Ells before he made a splash in AA?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley is a former college player not a kid out of HS. What was Ells before he made a splash in AA?
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]A college player from a big time program, just like Bradley.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonigh

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jackie Bradley, Jr. Tonight : Is that all Sox fans want?  I'm game.  I'm older than Bryce Harper, too.  I'll go get my glove. Byrd is off to a slow star and, at 35, may never recover, but no one ever "has to be better" than another MLB option.  There is always room to be worse...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE

Loved this... thx for the chuckle!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Trade Ellsbury? Some of you are never happy with what you have. You want a fist-rate player traded because an untested kid is tearing up rookie ball? Give me a break! 

Sections
Shortcuts