Jackie Bradley Jr.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Jackie Bradley Jr.

There is no downside to a Bradley, Ellsbury and Victorino outfield to start the season.  Bradleys talent is there and his adjustment to the majors will be fast.  Now is the time.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Jackie Bradley Jr.

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Trade Ellsbury, and put Bradley, Jr. where he belongs, in CF. Now is the time!

JBJ will be in CF.....in the minors. where he belongs. No need to slot in into MLB CF now and "wait for his offense to develop" when that can happen just as effectively in the minor leagues without wasting a year of team control and selling low on ellsbury.

get a clue.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

JBJ will be in CF.....in the minors. where he belongs

In fact, JBJ will be in CF, for the Red Sox, where he belongs, in a matter of months. Because the draft compensation is gone in a few more weeks, only an idiot would claim his value goes up because of a few months. His value goes down as soon as the draft compensation is lost.

Ellsbury's offense didn't develop too well in 2012, after a half of season of rest.

still showing you know absolutely nothing about value.

contending teams who have a CF'er now are not going to make a play for Ells.. but if their CF'er goes down or is ineffective they will be willing to pay a premium for Ells to bolster their chances at a WS title.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

There is no downside to a Bradley, Ellsbury and Victorino outfield to start the season.  Bradleys talent is there and his adjustment to the majors will be fast.  Now is the time.

It makes no sense to waste JBJ's talent in LF.  Gomes will certainly outhit JBJ, and JBJ's defense won't make up for that in a short LF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In fact, JBJ will be in CF, for the Red Sox, where he belongs, in a matter of months. Because the draft compensation is gone in a few more weeks, only an idiot would claim his value goes up because of a few months. His value goes down as soon as the draft compensation is lost.

Ellsbury's offense didn't develop too well in 2012, after a half of season of rest.

I can't believe this is the same poster who came on the thread last spring where we were talking about Jackie Bradley Jr. and said we were all pipe dreaming and that he (Bradley Jr.) was at least 3 years away. Wait a minute, it's softlaw so I guess I really can believe it. :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Would you trade Ells to the Yankees?

What would you want in return?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]In response to softlaw2's comment:

contending teams who have a CF'er now are not going to make a play for Ells.. but if their CF'er goes down or is ineffective they will be willing to pay a premium for Ells to bolster their chances at a WS title.[/QUOTE]

Provided that Jacoby Ellsbury in 2013 shows that he is an effective centerfielder.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

U drunk?

You by no means trade any talent to the Yankees, let alone Ellsbury.  The Sox would love to keep Jacoby at their price though, not his.  That is the only reason everyone and their mom thinks he will be moved.  But I would love to see Ellsbury and Bradley in the Sox lineup for the future.  If this season does not start off well, watch out for the youngsters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BRADLEY is the real deal........  Can't understand the hold up on moving Jacoby, the prince of BORA$$    !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

BRADLEY is the real deal........  Can't understand the hold up on moving Jacoby, the prince of BORA$$    !!!

Do you even pay attention to the relevant points with respect to this argument.

1)  Ells' trade value is low coming off the injury & poor end of season stats in a throw away end of season.  HIS VALUE IS LOW! WE WOULD GET NOTHING!

2)  We want to keep control of JBJ longer & give him plenty of playing time to develop in the minors.  After the date, he will be brought up & Ells will likely be dealt.

I think you had it right to begin with.  Wait for Stiffy to say something, then talk about holding his "sports equipment."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Do you even know who Jackie Bradley Jr.'s agent is?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

[QUOTE]In response to softlaw2's comment:

contending teams who have a CF'er now are not going to make a play for Ells.. but if their CF'er goes down or is ineffective they will be willing to pay a premium for Ells to bolster their chances at a WS title.[/QUOTE]

Provided that Jacoby Ellsbury in 2013 shows that he is an effective centerfielder.

well that is a given Hill....... who trades for a crap player with only 2 months of control left??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

if  U R asking just for the sake of conversation

that's cool

but if you think the yanks would have any interest in trading for ells

I'm here to tell you they don't

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

that's cool

They're probably still mad at him for stealing home. :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

that's cool

he'd put up better numbers playing half his games at YS than granderson... he would hit a similar amount of HRs (probably not at much as CG) but with a much higher avg, OBP, steals, less Ks and stellar D.

in fact, if i were the yanks i would make a play for jacoby in FA and let CG walk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Totally agree.

Actually, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

that's cool

he'd put up better numbers playing half his games at YS than granderson... he would hit a similar amount of HRs (probably not at much as CG) but with a much higher avg, OBP, steals, less Ks and stellar D.

in fact, if i were the yanks i would make a play for jacoby in FA and let CG walk.

that's the thing mef

if I or the yanks agreed with what you wrote

why trade 4 him and not just sign him  next yr

this yr they need a RH LF/DH

I like grandy over a PT ells

but yeah odds favor they let grandy walk

especially if they go all out 4 cano

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

that's cool

that's the thing mef

if I or the yanks agreed with what you wrote

why trade 4 him and not just sign him  next yr

this yr they need a RH LF/DH

I like grandy over a PT ells

but yeah odds favor they let grandy walk

especially if they go all out 4 cano

if i were the yanks i wouldn't trade for him either since FA is right around the corner. and yeah i don't see the Yanks retaining GC. Especially considering the issues with Cano and their desire to get under the luxury tax in 2014

i was just stating that given the choice between Ells and Granderson. i'd take big numbah two alllllllllll day

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

One thing you can expect this year, is a motivated Ellsbury.  Going into his free agency he is going to want to put up huge numbers.  Lets face it, the Sox have the money to resign him if they want him.  If those numbers are solid and the Sox are in the race he goes no where and if Bradleys numbers are solid in the minors he will be brought up.  Bradley will factor into the mix come post season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I don't think there is ANY DOUBT that JBJ will be playing for the Sox at some point this year.  Injuries are a part of the  game and with a platoon in RF and a CF made of glass....it is inevitable it will happen.  I see no point in having him up now.  What he needs is consistent at bats and he wont get that now.  WITH THAT SAID..... I think with a looming Ortiz injury...JBJ will be here and playing a lot.  I can really see them putting Gomes at DH and JBJ in LF.  Which in all honesty maye be just as effective if not better than Ortiz with a bad wheel and Gomes in RF......

Sections
Shortcuts