Jackie Bradley Junior Overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Jackie Bradley Junior Overrated

In response to steven11's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Bradley needs to play every day. In Boston. Not Pawtucket. Let's forget all this " more seasoning " talk. He is a good ballplayer. Give him an extended opportunity to prove it.

You are preaching to the choir.  I think he should play every day, but if JF doesn't think so I would rather see him at McCoy Stadium. His second game of back to back games have been good ones.

After tonight I think we will see more of him, even if it means sitting Gomes.

If JF doesn't think so, than I'd rather see JF at McCoy stadium.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

underrated at least for tonight

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

He deserves to man... Nava is looking real bad on D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

JBJ actually had a really good year at the plate last year in an agressive assignment after only 1 half year in AA.  He even looked so good he raised his prospect status all over baseball.

OH WAIT!!!! you're talking about a handful of at bats in his first couple weeks in Boston.

Good job, taking a SSS of a young kid who was rushed to the majors first couple weeks and calling him "over rated"

It should be a lesson for all the posters that like using micro-sample sizes, not even SSS, that JBJ is leading the team in hitting.

I assume we'll be seeing threads tomorrow that JBJ should be our leadoff hitter, and how long before we can extend him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

JBJ actually had a really good year at the plate last year in an agressive assignment after only 1 half year in AA.  He even looked so good he raised his prospect status all over baseball.

OH WAIT!!!! you're talking about a handful of at bats in his first couple weeks in Boston.

Good job, taking a SSS of a young kid who was rushed to the majors first couple weeks and calling him "over rated"

It should be a lesson for all the posters that like using micro-sample sizes, not even SSS, that JBJ is leading the team in hitting.

I assume we'll be seeing threads tomorrow that JBJ should be our leadoff hitter, and how long before we can extend him.

Right on about small sample sizes and that JBJ probably shouldn't be our lead-off hitter. Nava, definitely, should not be the SOX lead-off batter. I'm for Sizemore to be the lead-off hitter starting tomorrow. When Vic returns, Vic will bat 2nd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Nice night for JBJ.  Three hits, two RBI's and two nice catches in right.  One sliding catch with the lights in his face and one running into the corner.

He had a nice season in Pawtucket last year and filled in nicely for Jacoby.  Hopefully he continues his hitting. he is exciting to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Right on about small sample sizes and that JBJ probably shouldn't be our lead-off hitter. Nava, definitely, should not be the SOX lead-off batter. I'm for Sizemore to be the lead-off hitter starting tomorrow. When Vic returns, Vic will bat 2nd.

keep JBJ right where he has been in the order.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

That's a given.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I was joking in reference to judging players on a couple of games.  #9 is fine.  I said the same thing about Iggy, and about Pedey before him.  Any halfway decent offense should be able to hide an up-the-middle GG candidate in the 9-hole.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Nice night for JBJ.  Three hits, two RBI's and two nice catches in right.  One sliding catch with the lights in his face and one running into the corner.

He had a nice season in Pawtucket last year and filled in nicely for Jacoby.  Hopefully he continues his hitting. he is exciting to watch.

VERY NICE NIGHT!

GOOD ON HIM!!!!

WAY TO KEEP YOUSELF IN THE EQUATION JBJ!   :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

original post looking dumber and dumber by the day...

play JBJ every day and let the chips fall where they may. M

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope I am wrong and JBJ has a great career and it's early but he has not exactly come on like a gangbusters in the last year.

[/QYeah,he should hit 50 homers,drive in a hundred runs,score a hundred runs and steals 75 bases.WHAT is wrong with him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Whoa, now he's batting .375. How about that.

That's what one really good night will do for you when it's still the first #$%@ week of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

If Bradley is going to be up in Boston, he should be playing every day...no more of this Nava in RF business, unless Sizemore is getting a day off and JBJ is in center. Otherwise, make Bradley the everyday right fielder until Victorino is back and reassess the situation then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

JBJ continues to show us tonight that he is NOT ready

Everyday OF when Vic returns: GRADY-LF, JBJ-CF, and Vic-RF. Even Farrell s/b able to figure that out.

That sounds as crazy as playing Drew and iggy on the left side of the IF.

And I really grew to like that one.

I'm on day 2 of my acceptance program.  Sizemore/Gomes platoon makes sense in LF.  Gives Grady about 108 starts in LF and then another 20 games in CF or RF when Vic and JBJ need rest.  So the number works out about right for Grady.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm on day 2 of my acceptance program.  Sizemore/Gomes platoon makes sense in LF.  Gives Grady about 108 starts in LF and then another 20 games in CF or RF when Vic and JBJ need rest.  So the number works out about right for Grady.

Nice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

I love the title of this thread. Another overreaction by a stupid impatient Red Sox fan. Boston is full of them. GO SOX!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Good plan Joe

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Whoa, now he's batting .375. How about that.

That's what one really good night will do for you when it's still the first #$%@ week of the season.

thank you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

I saw him play every day in college. Last night was a classic JBJ game. He can beat you in so many ways. Enjoy him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to fenwaymike33's comment:

I saw him play every day in college. Last night was a classic JBJ game. He can beat you in so many ways. Enjoy him

There aren't a lot of players who take their eye off the ball and run to the spot where he thinks the ball will be.  Most likely he starts in right every night until at least Shane is better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I have now been watching JBJ for two years now and although I think he is good defensively, I seriously believe Ben and Larry seriously overestimated his hitting capabilities. He did not look good last year, did not hit in Spring Training this year and does not look good at the plate this year. I think management made a serious blunder in letting Ellsbury go to the Yankees. Ellsbury was a proven comodity unlike JBJ.

I really hope I am wrong but with the loss of Ellsbury and JBJs struggles, this team looks like it is going to need a Herculean effort on the part of their pitching staff because the offense is serious going to struggle to score runs. Management needed to either trade for a hitter or sign a free agent hitter. You now have lost Saltalamachia's production in the lineup as well and Pierzinski looks like he is done both defensively and offensively as well.

As I said before nobody will know what the kid can do unless he plays more often like Bogy.  Farrell did the right thing last night to keep Carp and Gomes out of the lineup.  Now if we could only replace Nava's glove with JBJ when Shane returns we at least have a great defensive OF. 

If JBJ, Grady and Shane produce offensively even better. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I have now been watching JBJ for two years now and although I think he is good defensively, I seriously believe Ben and Larry seriously overestimated his hitting capabilities. He did not look good last year, did not hit in Spring Training this year and does not look good at the plate this year. I think management made a serious blunder in letting Ellsbury go to the Yankees. Ellsbury was a proven comodity unlike JBJ.

I really hope I am wrong but with the loss of Ellsbury and JBJs struggles, this team looks like it is going to need a Herculean effort on the part of their pitching staff because the offense is serious going to struggle to score runs. Management needed to either trade for a hitter or sign a free agent hitter. You now have lost Saltalamachia's production in the lineup as well and Pierzinski looks like he is done both defensively and offensively as well.

And yes, losing salty was a big hit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Salty "like Ells" wasn't a huge loss if the others pick up the slack.  With Vasquez and Swihart both having a pretty good shot at being starters Salty had no career in Boston and I won't miss the poor throwing/mental errors.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Salty "like Ells" wasn't a huge loss if the others pick up the slack.  With Vasquez and Swihart both having a pretty good shot at being starters Salty had no career in Boston and I won't miss the poor throwing/mental errors.

well, with AJ you will see him swing at everything and is just an average defender. Has a decent arm and that Vet presence as well as being a solid pitch framer. I think its a wash with the two personally.

Its nice to see JBJ getting that offense going. I really like him playing RF while Vic is out. His tremendous jumps on balls as well as his howitzer for an arm play well out there. If he keeps hitting he will force the Sox to make a move.

I NEVER want to see Nava in RF in Fenway ever again. He can play LF very well and has learned to play the wall pretty good too.

Sections
Shortcuts