jackie bradley, JUNIOR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

jackie bradley, JUNIOR?

Why does Bradley constantly have the "Jr" attached to his name?

Not to take anything from his dad, but is his dad also playing in the major leagues right now and we need to add the "Jr" to young Bradley so that we can distinguish between them?  At least the Griffeys played in the majors at the same time back in the day.

There are probably tons of guys in the majors who carry the same name as their dad but are not constantly referred to as "major leguer, JUNIOR".

The young man has had a great spring training and deserves a major league roster spot in game # one, but he no longer needs to be called junior.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: jackie bradley, JUNIOR?

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Not to take anything from his dad, but is his dad also playing in the major leagues right now and we need to add the "Jr" to young Bradley so that we can distinguish between them?  At least the Griffeys played in the majors at the same time back in the day.

There are probably tons of guys in the majors who carry the same name as their dad but are not constantly referred to as "major leguer, JUNIOR".

The young man has had a great spring training and deserves a major league roster spot in game # one, but he no longer needs to be called junior.

Actually that's how he wants it. He actually insisted that his uniform jersey say Bradley Jr. I think it's great that he respects his dad like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Are you kidding me?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Are you kidding me?

+1

Jackie Bradley Jr. is his name whether he plays baseball or not. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Ok.....so maybe Bill and that Softguy are not the only ones to start ridiculous threads.....

Life transcends sports kiddo.... The kid respects his family and his dad.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

He is proud to be a Jr, good for him.

No.  He's proud to be Jackie Bradley. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I can only add that the insisted-upon addition of Jr. makes it an awesome baseball name.  I love the way Jackie Bradley Jr. flows.  A name like that would be wasted in any other profession.

"Now batting ... centerfielder ... Jackie Bradley Jr. ..."

sweeeeet.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Best thread ever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

Isn't this weird. I had a dream last night where I wondered why Sammy Davis Jr. was called Junior. It wasn't fair since his father could neither dance or sing. That injustice kept me awake all night long.

+1!!  HAHA!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I can only add that the insisted-upon addition of Jr. makes it an awesome baseball name.  I love the way Jackie Bradley Jr. flows.  A name like that would be wasted in any other profession.

sweeeeet.

I don't know. I kind of like Jack Bradley. It sounds more like a power-hitting outfielder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

To add, however, I have tremendous respect for his desire to go by Jackie Bradley Jr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I could really shiv a git what people wanna call him. I simply wanna call him a member of the 2013 Boston Redsox.

nuff said?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Best thread ever.

On Opposite Day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

sweeeeet.

I don't know. I kind of like Jack Bradley. It sounds more like a power-hitting outfielder.

Mmm.  Good point Roy.  Maybe even Jack Bradley.  

On the other hand, Jackie Bradley Junior sounds like a lightning-fast five-tool gold glover.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ken Griffey JR

Cal Ripken JR

Jose Cruz JR

:)   Get over it  :)

ipso facto...  JBJ will be a Hall of Famer  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Isn't this weird. I had a dream last night where I wondered why Sammy Davis Jr. was called Junior. It wasn't fair since his father could neither dance or sing. That injustice kept me awake all night long.

LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WHO  ??????????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Good one :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

And he led off with a hit again.  as usual.. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Are you kidding me?

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Nice!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

sweeeeet.

But too much like Milton Bradley.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Actually that's how he wants it. He actually insisted that his uniform jersey say Bradley Jr. I think it's great that he respects his dad like that.

Gotta respect the kid for that...Hey carnie, are you going to opening day in Portland? I think Im going to go. If you are, maybe we can meet up...