jackie bradley, JUNIOR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: jackie bradley, JUNIOR?

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Why does Bradley constantly have the "Jr" attached to his name?

Not to take anything from his dad, but is his dad also playing in the major leagues right now and we need to add the "Jr" to young Bradley so that we can distinguish between them?  At least the Griffeys played in the majors at the same time back in the day.

There are probably tons of guys in the majors who carry the same name as their dad but are not constantly referred to as "major leguer, JUNIOR".

The young man has had a great spring training and deserves a major league roster spot in game # one, but he no longer needs to be called junior.

Actually that's how he wants it. He actually insisted that his uniform jersey say Bradley Jr. I think it's great that he respects his dad like that.

Gotta respect the kid for that...Hey carnie, are you going to opening day in Portland? I think Im going to go. If you are, maybe we can meet up...

I might actually be in Bangor that day :-( We definitely need to hook up and go to a game though. Maybe more than one. :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Not to take anything from his dad, but is his dad also playing in the major leagues right now and we need to add the "Jr" to young Bradley so that we can distinguish between them?  At least the Griffeys played in the majors at the same time back in the day.

There are probably tons of guys in the majors who carry the same name as their dad but are not constantly referred to as "major leguer, JUNIOR".

The young man has had a great spring training and deserves a major league roster spot in game # one, but he no longer needs to be called junior.

Actually that's how he wants it. He actually insisted that his uniform jersey say Bradley Jr. I think it's great that he respects his dad like that.

Gotta respect the kid for that...Hey carnie, are you going to opening day in Portland? I think Im going to go. If you are, maybe we can meet up...

I might actually be in Bangor that day :-( We definitely need to hook up and go to a game though. Maybe more than one. :-)

OOOOOOOHHHHHH! Carnie and southpaw sittin' in a tree........ :D

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

And don't you wish you could be in Portland going to some Sea Dogs games?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Space et al, is he ready?

You're pipe dreaming again softlaw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

And don't youwish you could be in Portland going to some Sea Dogs games?

LOL

We definitely need real games to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Space et al, is he ready?

Well, his ST performance in its entirety has certainly rendered any cautious argument to the contrary pretty lame.  Granted.

In any case, ready or not, given the make-up of the roster and the injury situation, and of course his forcing of the issue, he should get his shot.

At this point it is a win win situation in my mind.  If he delivers from the get-go, then there will be no way to send him down.  So, bummer about the control year loss.  But if he is a spark that makes this club a contender, i am happy to lose the year.  If it turns out that he is not ready and he scuffles, no harm there.  send him down for 20 games or more if he needs it and revisit later in the year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

His name is Jackie Bradley, Jr.  

Now you can call him Jack

Or you can call him Brad

Or you can call him Jackie

Or you can call him Bradley

Or you can call him JB

Or you can call him JBJ

Or you can call him JB Junior

But you doesn't hasta call him JUNIOR!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Nice, Space, you are a politician's best targeted voter profile. You were against it, before you voted for it.

Trviality is about all that titilates most members of this Board. Who cares, as and adorable Board member likes to ape.

Yes.  As I have explained before, my mind is always open to change in baseball.  It would be incredibly stupid to take a position on a player and then not be open to change as performance demands.  

To boot, as I have said before, your pigeon-holing my position early on as Doesn't Like Bradley, when all i did was infuse a little moderate temperance into my own and others' enthusiasm, that speaks more to your binary way of approaching player analysis.  Its pretty limiting.  

I will concede, however, that your polarizing, binary thinking does lend a fantastic measure of trivial titilation to this board.  Your threads and posts garner much attention.  So kudos for that.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I like number 74. Ellsbury should be given number 666.

if i was in the MLB i would try to get 666 as my number.

although big numbah 2 sounds a lot better than big numbah 666

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Just let me know when. I plan on taking in a few games this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

Isn't this weird. I had a dream last night where I wondered why Sammy Davis Jr. was called Junior. It wasn't fair since his father could neither dance or sing. That injustice kept me awake all night long.

Nice!

pike! pike! pike!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Ken Griffey JR

Cal Ripken JR

Jose Cruz JR

:)   Get over it  :)

ipso facto...  JBJ will be a Hall of Famer  :)

Not for anything but the 3 guys you mention all had dad's involved in the game when they played...so it was meaningful for them...however, if Jackie wants to honor his dad by retaining the Jr. then thats his perogative and it should have no bearing on him as a player in MLB.

He's got to dump number 74 though to make the HOF right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

he will definitely drop the number sooner or later. i hope it's 13 or 28 so i can wear my crawford/A-gon jerseys again.. luckily Uehara took becketts number so i can wear that one for now.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The Jackie Bradley Junior rookie cards I own are all in mint condition.I call them my Junior mints. 

By the way,this is from an article on WEEI.com:

"Bradley said if he does make the team, his preference isn’t to wear No. 74, the number he was assigned for the duration of spring training. (His preferred number, No. 19, is taken by Koji Uehara.)"

“No,” he said regarding wanting to keep the temporary uniform identification, “because the umpires aren’t going to give so good calls.”

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

OP had to dig deep for this one.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Ken Griffey JR

Cal Ripken JR

Jose Cruz JR

:)   Get over it  :)

ipso facto...  JBJ will be a Hall of Famer  :)

Not for anything but the 3 guys you mention all had dad's involved in the game when they played...so it was meaningful for them...however, if Jackie wants to honor his dad by retaining the Jr. then thats his perogative and it should have no bearing on him as a player in MLB.

He's got to dump number 74 though to make the HOF right?

I think he said he would pick #19 if it were available. (Uehara has it I believe)