Jackie Bradley Will Make The Opening Day Roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Jackie Bradley Will Make The Opening Day Roster

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

$176 mil. is the RS payroll at the moment for 2013

Sick.

I have no idea where he's getting the $176 million from.  Cot's Contracts has us at $154 million actual payroll including the $4 million to the Dodgers.  If we're talking luxury tax payroll, which includes a bunch of other amounts, the last number I saw was around $170 million.

The yearly number is not the same as the luxury tax number (Avg Salary including bonuses), but I do not think it is $176 unless you count the player pension contribution, and then it may be close.

Edit: I just went over the numbers. I have us at about $166M including the Dodger payment and the player pension contribution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Done deal. Starting LF. Thank goodness. Sweeney gone. Who needs an OF that provides no value, ala Sweeney.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Done deal. Starting LF. Thank goodness. Sweeney gone. Who needs an OF that provides no value, ala Sweeney.

he has value... to say he has none would be saying that home runs are the only thing that matters.. they are not. not even close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

He will be a very solid OF'r for some small market team.  The kid can def. play.  Very good fielder, decent arm, and the kid is an excellent contact hitter.  Just needs AB's to get that Slg% up.  I'm telling you right now, the kid will be a well above average OF'r for some lucky team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

he has value... to say he has none would be saying that home runs are the only thing that matters.. they are not. not even close.

How many p/t back up outfielders have sweeneys hit tool? Not many.  I'd love him as our 4th outfielder.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

All of you forum experts were drilling me about JBJ making the team, etc. Well guess what boys? After today's game, his fate has been sealed. He will be the starting LF (or CF depending on Ellsbury's injury). 

Keep calling me a Yankee fan (wrong again), but I called this one two weeks ago.

OK .. Call this one ? What team does JBJ play for after his short time with Sox? Just another money hungry Boras brat....You can twist this any way you want . Don't get to excited beause we all know whats down the road....Enjoy for today and let Boras decide the future...Dam shame .... JBJ looks Awsome..... 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

All of you forum experts were drilling me about JBJ making the team, etc. Well guess what boys? After today's game, his fate has been sealed. He will be the starting LF (or CF depending on Ellsbury's injury). 

Keep calling me a Yankee fan (wrong again), but I called this one two weeks ago.

OK .. Call this one ? What team does JBJ play for after his short time with Sox? Just another money hungry Boras brat....You can twist this any way you want . Don't get to excited beause we all know whats down the road....Enjoy for today and let Boras decide the future...Dam shame .... JBJ looks Awsome..... 

Thank you Debbie Downer. But it's not a given that JBJ will be playing elsewhere when he hits FA. Or are you making the argument that the Red Sox will never again sign another Boras client?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Thank you Debbie Downer. But it's not a given that JBJ will be playing elsewhere when he hits FA. Or are you making the argument that the Red Sox will never again sign another Boras client?

I love how people assume because Boras is someone's client they WILL go to free agency and will NOT sign an extension.  

That is just not true, look at guys like Carlos Gonzalez

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I love how people assume because Boras is someone's client they WILL go to free agency and will NOT sign an extension.  

That, plus the fact that the Red Sox have probably signed as many Boras clients as any team in baseball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Well you might as call JBJ ( Gone) one year earlier.... Go ahead and call it . You can  brag about that one too !... You are soooooooo right his fate  ( Boras ) has been sealed... Boras is doing cartwheels and laughing all the way to free agent !!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

That, plus the fact that the Red Sox have probably signed as many Boras clients as any team in baseball.

lol...so true..it comes down to..if the red sox want to sign him they will if not when they won't...it's not that hard to understand....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

lol...so true..it comes down to..if the red sox want to sign him they will if not when they won't...it's not that hard to understand....

actually it depends on JBJ and Boras. The sox tried to lock jacoby up long term multiple tuimes but him and Boras decided it would be better for them to hit FA... same move with Paps. The sox can want to sign a guy as much as they want.. it takes two to tango.

the sox can approach JBJ in a few years and talk extension but maybe JBJ and Boras decide they want to test the FA market. then people will be whining that we didn't squeeze an extra year out of him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

actually it depends on JBJ and Boras. The sox tried to lock jacoby up long term multiple tuimes but him and Boras decided it would be better for them to hit FA... same move with Paps. The sox can want to sign a guy as much as they want.. it takes two to tango.

the sox can approach JBJ in a few years and talk extension but maybe JBJ and Boras decide they want to test the FA market. then people will be whining that we didn't squeeze an extra year out of him

true..but if he turns out very good and you offer him fair market value at the time of him  becomming a FA..maybeyou can get him...just don't lowball him...ells i don't think he worth 15mil...but thats just me..i say we lucked out not giving ells a big time contract...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

What I'm saying isn't so much that the Sox will be able to sign Bradley Jr. long term prior to free agency, because frankly with Boras as the agent that's not a strong possibility. What I'm saying is that even when he hits free agency they'll be able to sign him if they want to because

a) they have the money and

b) they have a pretty good working relationship with Boras (see Drew S and JD, Matsuzaka, Beltre, Ranaudo, Bradley, Bogaerts and Marrero)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

true..but if he turns out very good and you offer him fair market value at the time of him  becomming a FA..maybeyou can get him...just don't lowball him...ells i don't think he worth 15mil...but thats just me..i say we lucked out not giving ells a big time contract...

you might be saying the same thing about JBJ in a few years.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Thank you UP-CHUCK... keep up the hope ,but you will see. Remember this.... If they offer i will come.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Ha HA Not up to Sox ( if they want to )..... Lets see who can out bid..... With a follow up with.... i always wanted to play for this team...... ha ha.