Re: Jackie Bradley Will Make The Opening Day Roster

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

All of you forum experts were drilling me about JBJ making the team, etc. Well guess what boys? After today's game, his fate has been sealed. He will be the starting LF (or CF depending on Ellsbury's injury). 

Keep calling me a Yankee fan (wrong again), but I called this one two weeks ago.

OK .. Call this one ? What team does JBJ play for after his short time with Sox? Just another money hungry Boras brat....You can twist this any way you want . Don't get to excited beause we all know whats down the road....Enjoy for today and let Boras decide the future...Dam shame .... JBJ looks Awsome..... 

Thank you Debbie Downer. But it's not a given that JBJ will be playing elsewhere when he hits FA. Or are you making the argument that the Red Sox will never again sign another Boras client?

I love how people assume because Boras is someone's client they WILL go to free agency and will NOT sign an extension.  

That is just not true, look at guys like Carlos Gonzalez

That, plus the fact that the Red Sox have probably signed as many Boras clients as any team in baseball.

lol...so true..it comes down to..if the red sox want to sign him they will if not when they won't...it's not that hard to understand....

actually it depends on JBJ and Boras. The sox tried to lock jacoby up long term multiple tuimes but him and Boras decided it would be better for them to hit FA... same move with Paps. The sox can want to sign a guy as much as they want.. it takes two to tango.

the sox can approach JBJ in a few years and talk extension but maybe JBJ and Boras decide they want to test the FA market. then people will be whining that we didn't squeeze an extra year out of him

Thank You.... thats what i'm trying to tell these know-it -all posters..... Bingo !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Yankees are playing this afternoon at West Point.

Is that you pike?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

All of you forum experts were drilling me about JBJ making the team, etc. Well guess what boys? After today's game, his fate has been sealed. He will be the starting LF (or CF depending on Ellsbury's injury). 

Keep calling me a Yankee fan (wrong again), but I called this one two weeks ago.

OK .. Call this one ? What team does JBJ play for after his short time with Sox? Just another money hungry Boras brat....You can twist this any way you want . Don't get to excited beause we all know whats down the road....Enjoy for today and let Boras decide the future...Dam shame .... JBJ looks Awsome..... 

Thank you Debbie Downer. But it's not a given that JBJ will be playing elsewhere when he hits FA. Or are you making the argument that the Red Sox will never again sign another Boras client?

I love how people assume because Boras is someone's client they WILL go to free agency and will NOT sign an extension.  

That, plus the fact that the Red Sox have probably signed as many Boras clients as any team in baseball.

lol...so true..it comes down to..if the red sox want to sign him they will if not when they won't...it's not that hard to understand....

actually it depends on JBJ and Boras. The sox tried to lock jacoby up long term multiple tuimes but him and Boras decided it would be better for them to hit FA... same move with Paps. The sox can want to sign a guy as much as they want.. it takes two to tango.

the sox can approach JBJ in a few years and talk extension but maybe JBJ and Boras decide they want to test the FA market. then people will be whining that we didn't squeeze an extra year out of him

Thank You.... thats what i'm trying to tell these know-it -all posters..... Bingo !!!

players sign Borass for a reason.. becaus he is the best and will get you as much money a spossible. That's why most of his clients choose FA over early extension. JBJ may or may not extend before hitting FA but the numbers say he will hit FA. All it takes is a good season and Borass will sell JBJ on the merits of going to the open market and getting PAID

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

That's 6 years. No different than any other player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

players sign Borass for a reason.. becaus he is the best and will get you as much money a spossible. That's why most of his clients choose FA over early extension. JBJ may or may not extend before hitting FA but the numbers say he will hit FA. All it takes is a good season and Borass will sell JBJ on the merits of going to the open market and getting PAID

They still need to produce. If Ellsbury doesn't produce this year, his best option may be back with the Red Sox.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Yanks in a close one at West point. Lead 5-4.

Go Army. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

When it comes down to it JBJ is either ready or he is close to ready.  He can be sent down for two weeks at any point in the season and the sox still get the extra year....so if his ST success doesn't carry into the regular season there's really no harm done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Yankees are playing this afternoon at West Point.

Is that you pike?

Yes

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Monday is opening day , folks. We're born again. There's new grass on the field. Let's not worry about what might happen six years from now. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Monday is opening day , folks. We're born again. There's new grass on the field. Let's not worry about what might happen six years from now. 

exactly....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Kind of ridiculous that the Sox are dragging this decision out. 

What new information do they expect to get on Sunday that will help them decide what to do with Bradley?

Sox look like a Mickey Mouse organization right now.  Just announce he is the starting LF already.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

AGREED!  :)

Let's get it on!  With JBJ I could not be more excited about this team!  The time is NOW!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

What new information do they expect to get on Sunday that will help them decide what to do with Bradley?

Sox look like a Mickey Mouse organization right now.  Just announce he is the starting LF already.

Ghost, they're still waiting for Ryan Sweeneys decision, if whether or not he'll accept a minor league contract.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Ghost, they're still waiting for Ryan Sweeneys decision, if whether or not he'll accept a minor league contract.

they have to clear somone from the 40 man roster...maybe they are working on a deal? before they have to release somebody...it will get done..does not mean a mickey mouse organization...thats just silly to say...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

sweeney is gone....

Red Sox release Sweeney; Maier reassigned Permalink|Comments (0) Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff March 30, 2013 11:36 PM

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

NEW YORK — Red Sox made two minor roster moves tonight involving outfielders who were in camp on minor league contracts.

Ryan Sweeney, who was told Thursday he would not make the 25-man roster, requested his release and was granted it. The Red Sox had offered him a spot with Triple A Pawtucket. Sweeney is trying to catch on with another team.

Mitch Maier accepted an assignment to Pawtucket. He also had the right to opt-out of his contract. Maier missed two weeks with a sprained left wrist, which limited his options.

The Red Sox have yet to announce a 40-man roster move that will allow them to add Jackie Bradley Jr, to the team.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

They basically have, they need to make trade to clear a roster spot. How is this an issue?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CHORUS:
    Oh, don't put me in, John - I'm not ready to play today;
    Don't put me in, John - I'm not ready to play today;
    Look at me, I can't be Centerfield.

Well, I spent some time in the API mine, watchin' it on TV;
    You know I took some lumps when the mighty Beltre ran.
    So Say Hey John, tell Ben and Scott Boras;
    Don't say "my injuries ain't so", you know the time isn't now.

CHORUS

Yeah! I got it, I got it!

Got beat-up ribs, a bad shoulder, and brand-new injuries;
    You know I think it's time to give this game a break.
    Just to hit the fall and touch 'em all - a moment off DL;
    I'm gone and I can tell all goodbye!

CHORUS
    CHORUS
    Yeah!

Well played, Mauer, well played.