1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Jackie Jensen

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:

As most Red Sox fans are imploring Red Sox ownership to sign off on a 100 million plus gurantee to a 30 year old Ellsbury, I would like to bring your attention to a player who isn't a MLBP overrated player. 

Most Red Sox fans don't remember the truly great CF'ers for the Red Sox. Jackie Jensen was one of them. On another thread, I list the official top 10 rankings of all-time Red Sox CF'ers. Jensen is high on the list, as a league MVP, 2 time AS, and 4 time top 20 in league MVP voting.

Please join me in giving thanks to the late Jackie Jensen, and please take the time to understand what constitutes more than an above average CF'er with a junket priced labor cost. 

Jackie Jensen was a great right fielder and could hit the heck out of the ball @ Fenway PAAAAAK ............  Wasn't to good on the road, because he would get there just as the 3rd game was finishing up .......  The TRAIN just didn't get there as fast as the PLANE  !!!   Hi NEIGHBOR, HAVE A GANSET !!!!!

Are you contradicting your boy? Right fielder? Center fielder? Baseball knowledge?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Yup, there's nothing like a nice day at the ballpark.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

Jensen was with the Red Sox for eight seasons and only played CF in 139 games.

Hahaha...the knowledgable one strikes again. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

As most Red Sox fans are imploring Red Sox ownership to sign off on a 100 million plus gurantee to a 30 year old Ellsbury, I would like to bring your attention to a player who isn't a MLBP overrated player. 

Most Red Sox fans don't remember the truly great CF'ers for the Red Sox. Jackie Jensen was one of them. On another thread, I list the official top 10 rankings of all-time Red Sox CF'ers. Jensen is high on the list, as a league MVP, 2 time AS, and 4 time top 20 in league MVP voting.

Please join me in giving thanks to the late Jackie Jensen, and please take the time to understand what constitutes more than an above average CF'er with a junket priced labor cost. 

Jackie Jensen was a great right fielder and could hit the heck out of the ball @ Fenway PAAAAAK ............  Wasn't to good on the road, because he would get there just as the 3rd game was finishing up .......  The TRAIN just didn't get there as fast as the PLANE  !!!   Hi NEIGHBOR, HAVE A GANSET !!!!!

Are you contradicting your boy? Right fielder? Center fielder? Baseball knowledge?

No, not at all ..........  I just long for the days, when several G I Q's of ganset went a long way !!!!   Don't look for trouble here, nothing to see.... MOVE ON !!!  HI NEIGHBOR, HAVE A GANSET !!!

I'll drink to that Bill. Nice to see your baseball knowledge is superior to your boy.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Old Bill knows that Jimmy Piersall played CF from 1954 through 1961.

Jensen was the 1954 Red Sox CF'er. If not, then Shane was the Red Sox 2013 CF'er.

He started just 99 games in CF that year -- the most he ever started in CF in one season. But since you're too pathetic to admit when you're wrong, you'll forever keep referring to Jensen as a CF.

For once, why don't you man up an admit you were mistaken, that you forgot that Piersall was the CF during that era and Jensen was primarily a RF, and call Jensen one of the best RF'ers in Sox history.

You're actually doing Jensen a disservice by not giving him credit for playing the position he was known for playing.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Yes he played CF in 107 games in 1954 and you can therefore infer that he was their CF for that year. 

Roy, I want you to take a deep breath and read another posters response. Calm down, Roy.

Still can man up and admit you were wrong.

Figures.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

Old Bill knows that Jimmy Piersall played CF from 1954 through 1961.

Jensen was the 1954 Red Sox CF'er. If not, then Shane was the Red Sox 2013 CF'er.

Yes he played CF in 107 games in 1954 and you can therefore infer that he was their CF for that year. But does that place him higher up  on your list of best Red Sox CFers when he only played CF for one year? That's like calling Yaz a great firstbase player.

hahahahaha.  awesome.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Ted Williams is the Red Sox all time greatest right fielder. 1939! 1939!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Right field Bill  Thought u were Sox expert

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Williams left field, couldn,t throw like Jensen

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Ted Williams is the Red Sox all time greatest right fielder. 1939! 1939!

By softy's rationale, Yaz should be ranked among the top center fielders. He started 131 games in CF in 1964 and played 165 games in CF for his career. That's more than Jensen had in RF.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

Jensen was a favorite of mine of yestertard year. I followed him when he played r.f. for the Red Sox. I wore his number in high school but can't remember if I wore #3 or #4. Please help me if you know. Thanks

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Could be 4 cant remember for sure. Veterans day . He was in Navy WW2. One of two people to play in Rose Bowl and World Series. Retired young due to fearof flying.  Died young of heart aiiack

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

It was #4

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Jensen was number four and played right field. He was also a great running back for the Golden Bears of California if my memory is better than Softy's.

Maybe while we're at it we can celebrate Yaz as a great third sacker. I saw him play one game there and I believe he had at least two errors.

Sections
Shortcuts