Jackie MacMullan:Unlikable Red Sox flunked chemistrySomehow the team became what it once abhorred -- arrogant, complacent and entitled

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Jackie MacMullan:Unlikable Red Sox flunked chemistrySomehow the team became what it once abhorred -- arrogant, complacent...

SOUNDS LIKE THAT THEY WENT THE WAY OF THE "BIG O" AND THE CHICAGO WAY/SOC/RAD/LEFT !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Jackie MacMullan:Unlikable Red Sox flunked chemistrySomehow the team became what it once abhorred -- arrogant, complacent...

YOU COULD SEE THAT COMING AFTER THE 2-10 APRIL START !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Very good article, Jackie nailed it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yep, Jackie right on as usual.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Jackie MacMullan:Unlikable Red Sox flunked chemistrySomehow the team became what it once abhorred -- arrogant, complacent and entitled:
    [QUOTE]Yep, Jackie right on as usual.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but Dobler, I am pretty sure you are a Tito supporter, so the question I have to ask is, is that ethos of arrogance, etc. something that the manager ultimately has to fix or is that out of his hands?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

"Belichick and the Patriots, as we know, cut loose a number of high-profile players and started anew. Perhaps the Red Sox will do the same." Oh, how I hope this happens.

Outstanding article and spot on.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Nice article.

Bill-806, you're an @55.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Jackie MacMullan:Unlikable Red Sox flunked chemistrySomehow the team became what it once abhorred -- arrogant, complacent and entitled:
    [QUOTE]"Belichick and the Patriots, as we know, cut loose a number of high-profile players and started anew. Perhaps the Red Sox will do the same ." Oh, how I hope this happens. Outstanding article and spot on.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about trading players next season.  I wouldn't be surprised by any changes that may occur for the Red Sox next year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bootis4745. Show bootis4745's posts

This Commentary by J.M. is profoundly correct.

It really does say it all.

Can you imagine yourself as an employer of a group of people (pick any business) that you paid out hundreds of millions of dollars to perform and they don't do their jobs? With this team, many never reported for duty.

You know what you would do and what I would do. There are a number of people on this Board who have been in denial and are blinded by reality in giving support to a bunch of guys who were out of shape, out of heart and thought that by just showing up that the gold ring would be theirs.

At the beginning of the season we heard from many on this board, that the rest of the Teams better not even show up as we had it all 'locked-up and the boastful talk was just how many games over 100 we would win.

When anyone has something to say here that is in conflict with this Blind Loyalty of many on this Board we get called Yank Trolls, Sox Bashers, Non-Loyalists etc.

It seems that no matter how bad things were getting, The blind loyalists, apologists here became even more in denial and started to not only accept mediocrity but actually celebrate it.

Bottom Line is this Team stunk. This Manager stunk. Some players during the all-critical stretch sat out games on the Bench not with injuries, but with minor ailments. Minor!They did not answer the alarm for all hands on deck, man your battle stations when it really counted. Just Awful!!

I hate to see Tito go as I think he is a decent guy, but he deserves his fate. Yes, he is culpable as he was the Manager of this Undisciplined Mob. He must be held accountable.

Management spent lots of money on this team. As we saw, money does not always buy happiness or competence. We can argue about the choices or players selected to come here, but Management did spend some serious $$ to win a Championship no doubt.

This year will leave many scars, some of which may never heal. I would like to see many Players not return even if it means just a rebuilding year for next year. I don't want this Chemistry to continue.

So who can we trust, what players? Frankly I can only think of a few who get my vote of confidence. The rest are suspect.

This 2011 season is a bad dream. I sat in Fenway in July of 1978 and witnessed that collapse. This, IMHO is worse.

I hope something good come out of all this, but right now I am having trouble seeing what that could actually be.

See you next year!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Jackie  laid this  yesterday  on Around The Horn   -- clear and short the team   became what it always hated   "the evil empire"  big salary, destiny's winners..

That target helped  young aggressive teams  get motivated to  beat them  even  more.

Changes are certain to come..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Francona, by all accounts, is a nice guy. So is Joe Torre, who won with the Yankees and was let go. I may depise the Yankees but they haven't fallen off the map since his departure. If not Francona, who is responsible for this monumental collapse? The buck has to stop somewhere and for me that's the manager. He's the guy ultimately in charge of getting these guy fit to play, keeping a positive clubhouse and having them play the game with passion and pride. In my estimation he failed miserably at that this year and a compleat housecleaning is in order.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE] Francona, by all accounts, is a nice guy. So is Joe Torre, who won with the Yankees and was let go. I may depise the Yankees but they haven't fallen off the map since his departure. If not Francona, who is responsible for this monumental collapse? The buck has to stop somewhere and for me that's the manager. He's the guy ultimately in charge of getting these guy fit to play, keeping a positive clubhouse and having them play the game with passion and pride. In my estimation he failed miserably at that this year and a compleat housecleaning is in order.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

Hey trout,

Everyone seems to want to afix blame...end of the day the manager will always be the scapegoat...perhaps it was Francona's time to go...but I am still left with this. The Red Sox and the Braves both failed to hold big leads The Sox are gettin filet'd for internal strife...While the Braves are the little engine that couldn't...It's amazing really both had 4 things in common that really boil's down to 1 pitching!

1) 2/5th of their opening day rotation didn't throw a meaniful pitch in September
    2) both were saddled with an underperforming veteran pitcher
    3) Due to the strain of the workload, the backend of bullpens both ran out of gas
    4) St.Louis and Tampa both were on a pace to win about 90 games for most of the season. they didn't win it as much as the Sox and BRaves lost it...