Jackie Robinson statue defaced with racial slurs and references to Hitler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jackie Robinson statue defaced with racial slurs and references to Hitler

A totally disgusting act of vandalism performed by some racist losers.Here's a paragraph and a link to an article.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/jackie-robinson-statue-defaced-swastikas-brooklyn-article-1.1420102 

A statue that honors baseball icon Jackie Robinson has been vandalized with racial slurs and Hitler references — in Brooklyn of all places.

The defaced statue — which shows teammatePee Wee Reese putting his arm around Robinson — was discovered Wednesday morning outside of MCU Park on Coney Island where the Brooklyn Cyclones play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Jackie Robinson statue defaced with racial slurs and references to Hitler

Depressing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The sad thing is......this shows that racism has a VERY long way to go before it's a thing of the past in this country.  I think a lot longer than most want to believe.  Sad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

There will always be stupid and racist people in this world. you will NEVER stop that. Its unfortunate that some in this world are so angry, uneducated, and shallow as to judge a person by the color of their skin, religious beliefs, or sexual preference.

To disgrace an Icon of this great game and what that statue stands for is disgusting and I hope they catch the loser and make him/her pay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

There will always be stupid and racist people in this world. you will NEVER stop that. Its unfortunate that some in this world are so angry, uneducated, and shallow as to judge a person by the color of their skin, religious beliefs, or sexual preference.

To disgrace an Icon of this great game and what that statue stands for is disgusting and I hope they catch the loser and make him/her pay.

Good Morning South, 

I would add to what you've already stated, but you've said it about as well as could be. All I can do is agree wholeheartedly and as you hope they catch the criminals who did this to the statue of one of MLBs icons. It is a sad day when such things happen. 

Hetch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It was done under the cover of night by some cowards who wouldn't have the testicular foritude to say things like that to a person's face.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

It was done under the cover of night by some cowards who wouldn't have the testicular foritude to say things like that to a person's face.

Exactly.

Gutless punks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

The sad thing is......this shows that racism has a VERY long way to go before it's a thing of the past in this country.  I think a lot longer than most want to believe.  Sad.

This is not a reflection of the country.....As someone who has traveled extensively, for the most part the US is far ahead of "enlightened" European countries when it comes to Racism.....but no country will ever be able to control the stupidity of some of its citizens....we will alwasy have racists, Nazis, anti semites and mysoginists among us.......but a s a country we have risen far above that way of thinking.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

This country does have a way to go.  Did you read about the kid who was beaten up by three other kids on a school bus in florida while the bus driver stood by?  He did call for help while the white kid was being beaten up by three black kids.  The white kid had a broken arm and two black eyes.  The bus driver was black also.  The door swings both ways.

It is pathetic to deface the statue and to attack anyone for his or her religious beliefs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I heard an A.P.B has been issued for softy the clown.

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I heard an A.P.B has been issued for softy the clown.

Sox4ever

Dislike.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Its terrible, what rocks do these morons crawl out from.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

This country does have a way to go.  Did you read about the kid who was beaten up by three other kids on a school bus in florida while the bus driver stood by?  He did call for help while the white kid was being beaten up by three black kids.  The white kid had a broken arm and two black eyes.  The bus driver was black also.  The door swings both ways.

It is pathetic to deface the statue and to attack anyone for his or her religious beliefs.

[/QUOTE]

Your point???  Oh wait......nevermind.....you're the person who thinks 'certain things' are icky.....goodbye.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

kind of reminds me of the movie 187...how bad is your life if you have to get some jolly out of referring to the worst mass murderer in history while defacing a statue of probably America's greatest symbol of civil rights--JR. Jews, Poles, Gypsies, Catholics, blacks, and even Southerners got defaced in that move of brilliance by likely some guys who didn't get enough hugs from their mom/dad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

in this day of digital media which has no boundries, it is easy to see this as representative of the way whites feel about JR and blacks in general....too bad because i know how far we have come in race relations...

the sad part is that the idiots who did this probably never even heard of what JR had to go thru - just an easy target to stir things up....scapegoating is never a good idea

As always - 100% correct!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

As usual spot on southpaw! It makes me sad that children throughout the country are being brought up where such displays are championed. These individuals are usually indoctrinated from birth to hate, that's why no matter how hard we try to move forward as a society we always get held back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Lame.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

<smdh>..hard!!! Yell

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This country has come a long way in terms of racial  relations.  That can't be denied.  When I was born, blacks and whites went to  separate schools, used  different water fountains,  and went to different bathrooms. Today,  my children have best friends who are of different colors and they think nothing of it.  They look at skin color the same way they do hair  color ...  just  something that makes us all look  a little different.

These racist idiots don't  speak for an entire nation. THe  fact  that everyone is angered over this proves how far we've come. When Jackie was  playing,  this would have been appreciated as an act of heroism by millions.

Sections
Shortcuts