jacoby ellsbury rumor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: jacoby ellsbury rumor

No!  No !!  No    !!!

Hold onto Elles until All*Star break.... re-evaluate then. Of course I would trade him now if we were getting a Matt Cain, Felix, or David Price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No!  No !!  No    !!!

Hold onto Elles until All*Star break.... re-evaluate then. Of course I would trade him now if we were getting a Matt Cain, Felix, or David Price.

[/QUOTE]

Trading Jacoby at the AS break means the team getting him will not get the compensatory supplemental sandwich pick after Jacoby walks next winter. 

That and the fact that the team getting him will not get the first 4 months of Jacoby's contract year of 2013 value greatly diminishes the return we will get... unless Jacoby is batting .330 with 25 Hrs by the break.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes you are right, NO TEAM would over-pay for Elles in July if they were in contention for the play-offs, needed a center-fielder, and lacked speed.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes you are right, NO TEAM would over-pay for Elles in July if they were in contention for the play-offs, needed a center-fielder, and lacked speed.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

[/QUOTE]

The point is wouldn't a team in contention overpay by more this winter when they get 6 months of jacoby not 2 plus a highly prized and increasingly rare added draft pick?

I know we can get something of value in july as well, particularly if Jacoby is repeating his 2011 season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

not a fan of trading ellsbury for holland. why? because hold is just another average pitcher, this team doesnt need another doubront or buchholz, this team needs an ace. This team needs a grienke or josh johnson or felix hernandez. Somone to lead the staff. Someone that the team could count on to win a big game, be it regular season or playoffs. We had pedro, we had schilling, becket at times was dominant, but was so inconsisant it was hard to call him an ace. Pitching wins championships, just look at the san fran giants, cain, bumgarner, vogelsong, and linecum until this year is the foundation of that team. there offense is pretty average but yet they are in the world series. The tigers have verland, sherzer, fister, sanchez. The sox need an ace. end of story

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pride u are correct.... that alone was the reasoning behind not bringing back Wakefield (plug for Softy) as this team simply does need another middle of the road starter. we need an Ace, even if Lester improves it will take a new addition to make the team a contender

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:

Do peole really think the Giants have given up on Lincecum after one bad season?  They suffered through 6 Barry Zito seasons.  They will give Lincecum his second chance...

Jacoby Ellsbury is a 29-year-old outfielder who will earn about $10 million next year before becoming a free agent at the end of the 2013 season. Tim Lincecum is a 28-year-old two-time Cy Young Award winner who will earn $22 million next year before entering free agency.

The trade could meet each team's specific needs, but the money difference could be a deal-breaker. Additionally, because of the success of the 2012 San Francisco team, the Giants might not share the Red Sox pressing need to make changes.

[/QUOTE]

Aren't the rumblings out of San Fran that Lincecum wants out? He passed on $120mil already, preferring to be a free agent aft next year. Giants may want to move home while they can get something for him, and they do need offense. I would suspect however that Lincecum would net more than Ellsbury in a trade. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

We don't need mediocre.. We need a stopper...someone who stops slides...a Felix type pitcher..someone like a CC. Pedro, Schilling,Clemens type

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

I suspect the Rangers would want more than one year of 29-year-old Jacoby Ellsbury in exchange for up to six reasonably priced years of 26-year-old starter Derek Holland.

http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/2012/10/jacoby_ellsbury_is_he_going_to.html

http://www.overthemonster.com/2012/10/22/3537706/what-to-do-with-jacoby-ellsbury

http://www.bosoxbanter.com/2012/10/ellsbury-for-holland-trade-rumor-is-appealing-for-red-sox/

[/QUOTE]

I agree, Holland is worth more than Ells all things considered.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

BTW, Holland's K/9 in the 2012 post-season was 27.  27!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Not sure about Holland ???   But as Dad would say.........   "SON, me thinks that nice young man Trotter/Softy is right, Ellesbury should go" !!!!!   Just make sure the deal is good !!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure about Holland ???   But as Dad would say.........   "SON, me thinks that nice young man Trotter/Softy is right, Ellesbury should go" !!!!!   Just make sure the deal is good !!!!

[/QUOTE]

So to summarise:

• You don't have a view on Holland, but felt compelled to post about him;
    • You can't be bothered to develop even a basic view (which is all I have) using the obvious online tools;
    • Your raw, yet brilliant, baseball acumen is powerful enough for you to decide Ells should be traded AND that it should for something "good" though, sadly, it doesn't extend to being able to spell his name correctly;
    • You agree with the resident j@ck@ss who, astonishingly, holds the same political view as yourself.

Gotcha!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So to summarise:

• You can't be bothered to develop even a basic view (which is all I have) using the obvious online tools;
    • Your raw, yet brilliant, baseball acumen is powerful enough for you to decide Ells should be traded AND that it should for something "good" though, sadly, it doesn't extend to being able to spell his name correctly;
    • You agree with the resident j@ck@ss who, astonishingly, holds the same political view as yourself.

Gotcha!

[/QUOTE]  So Oh great wise baseball man......  What are the options ????  1/ $cott Bora$$ will make him an F A before you can say FREE AGENT..... 2/ The track record of DL speaks volumes..... 3/ If a deal is presented that is too good to pass up, then pull the trigger !!!  That is baseball 101, great wise one !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Why would you trade Ellsbury for an older Doubrant straight up?

I suspect the Red Sox would want more than 29-year-old outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury in exchange for five cheap years of 25-year-old starter Felix Doubront.

[/QUOTE]

No they wouldn't there tons of guys that can give you 5 innings and 4.75+ ERA. It is not like either of this guys are even projected to have the career Lester has had.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Holland for multiple years is better tahn Jacoby for 1 & a draft pick, however, I think we can do better.

Ellsbury and Cecchini (blocked) for Tommy Hanson. Has huge upside, 3 years of arbs, but is a big gamble.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

how about we just keep jacoby in 2013 and sign him long term afterwards?? our financial situation is not like it was at this time last season where we were handcuffed and probably would not have the cash to pay the man with all the money on the books.

but we do now. so keep him for 2013 and resign him following the 2013 season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Holland for multiple years is better tahn Jacoby for 1 & a draft pick, however, I think we can do better. Ellsbury and Cecchini (blocked) for Tommy Hanson. Has huge upside, 3 years of arbs, but is a big gamble.

The Atlanta proposal has merit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

Trading Jacoby for another 1 year of team control player makes no sense to me at all.

[/QUOTE]

Morning Monn, 

It's trading two player of one year control so for me it's a wash. I'm not in favor of trading Ells and usually roast the Ells haters on this site but for Linsecum I'd give it serious thought, a young pitcher, possibly an ace and very young too boot. The issue comes in that the Sox need outfielder, with Ross platooning in right if he's signed, if Ells is traded now the club need to sign a left and center fielder plus someone to play in right with Ross. Bradley could be ready late 2013 or 2014 but until he's proven he can play MLB he's a high prospect, nothing more. We've all seen highly touted prospect dissappear before. 

Trading Ells for Holland is absurd. For Ells I'd want a high level prospect plus Holland but we've Doubrant already here. Holland and Doubrant are both 4-5 starters and more mediocrity, more what we do not need. 

Hetch

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I agree, Holland is worth more than Ells all things considered.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, 

We trade for Punto and include him in the trade. LOL

Hetch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Holland for multiple years is better tahn Jacoby for 1 & a draft pick, however, I think we can do better.

Ellsbury and Cecchini (blocked) for Tommy Hanson. Has huge upside, 3 years of arbs, but is a big gamble.

[/QUOTE]

I have a question regarding Cecchini...

1) Do you think this kid could be the real deal?

2) If so, would you think it would be wise to hang on to him for another year or so?

The reason being is if what all the scouts are saying about him, his value could go through the roof thus netting us a better return. Also, just to make sure WMB is what we think he is. We gave up our 1b of the future in Rizzo and AG didnt work out. Id like to give WMB a full year before I go giving away the next guy in line who looks to be very promising...

Now I know its a gamble, but like you have said before nothing is guaranteed in regards to prospects, but some have an obvious better chance of making it than others.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[/QUOTE]  So Oh great wise baseball man......  What are the options ????  1/ $cott Bora$$ will make him an F A before you can say FREE AGENT..... 2/ The track record of DL speaks volumes..... 3/ If a deal is presented that is too good to pass up, then pull the trigger !!!  That is baseball 101, great wise one !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Bill, 

As usual you're dead wrong. The track record of the DL does not speak for itself. I can't stand folks like you who constantly harp on Ells being injury prone. It's not his fault his 3rd baseman ran him over and in 2012 a 250lb reliever fell on his shoulder. That is not injury prone. Calling Ells injury prone is like saying an automobile driver is accident prone after he's been rear ended while sitting at a Red light or stop sign a few times. 

Hetch 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

The reason being is if what all the scouts are saying about him, his value could go through the roof thus netting us a better return. Also, just to make sure WMB is what we think he is. We gave up our 1b of the future in Rizzo and AG didnt work out. Id like to give WMB a full year before I go giving away the next guy in line who looks to be very promising...

[/QUOTE]

Southpaw, 

Usually we're on the same page but I disagree on one detail. Agon did work out but he was over sold to us by the Sox front office and press. The Press couldn't stand his stoic nature so mislabeled him a non-team player and too many fans bought into the medias line of krap. Agon provided a gold glove at 1B and although streaky drove in runs. He didn't provide the 35-40hrs most expected but he still drove in runs. His bat will be missed in the line up. His OBP was down overall because he was less selective in taking pitches which I blame on the coaches. 

Hetch  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Southpaw, 

Usually we're on the same page but I disagree on one detail. Agon did work out but he was over sold to us by the Sox front office and press. The Press couldn't stand his stoic nature so mislabeled him a non-team player and too many fans bought into the medias line of krap. Agon provided a gold glove at 1B and although streaky drove in runs. He didn't provide the 35-40hrs most expected but he still drove in runs. His bat will be missed in the line up. His OBP was down overall because he was less selective in taking pitches which I blame on the coaches. 

Hetch  

[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with you in everything you said.

When I said AG  didnt work out I wasnt referring to his production or defense...I guess my point was just the fact that hes no longer here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

So to summarise:

Gotcha!

[/QUOTE]

Stop with the stupid dollars signs!  It wasn't funny the first 10,000 times you did it, and certainly isn't now.

1) No sh1t, Sherlock, everyone knows that Boras pushes his clients hard toward free agency.

2) Hetch covered this nicely.

3) Of course a deal that is good is....good.  Did you pick that up at Harvard?  Why not propose a deal that might be good instead of posting pointless trueisms?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So to summarise:

Gotcha!

[/QUOTE]

Stop with the stupid dollars signs!  It wasn't funny the first 10,000 times you did it, and certainly isn't now.

1) No sh1t, Sherlock, everyone knows that Boras pushes his clients hard toward free agency.

2) Hetch covered this nicely.

3) Of course a deal that is good is....good.  Did you pick that up at Harvard?  Why not propose a deal that might be good instead of posting pointless trueisms?

[/QUOTE]My goodness, why all the hate ??????  Yogi Berra was very good at trueisms !!!