JACOBY to SOFTY, son, I have made your ......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: JACOBY to SOFTY, son, I have made your ......

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I see Coco Crops has homered 3 times in the first 6 games for the Athletics. His OPS is nearly 1.3! Always underrated, a real winner. The antithesis of a prima donna.

You cant fix stupid.

(this post will be removed)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Right, he never got injured when he was with the Red Sox. He was a model of consistent productivity and durability!

Crisp was Cal Ripken, Jr., compared to Ellspuff.

You cant fix stupid. It is forever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Softy is a "standup guy" and he is sticking to his values as far as Jacoby is concerned"

He's an Internet persona, you have no idea what kind of guy he is. And his views on Ellsburty are irrational and absurd which is why no one but you takes his views on Ells seriously. I'll grant you there are some valid arguments underneath his Ells obsession, which distinguishes him from Pike.  

Pike/TV guy is on a desperate attempt to be relevant now that we all know he is a pot-stirring nutterama. Time to move him to ignore status where he belongs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I see Coco Crops has homered 3 times in the first 6 games for the Athletics. His OPS is nearly 1.3! Always underrated, a real winner. The antithesis of a prima donna.

You cant fix stupid.

:-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Right, he never got injured when he was with the Red Sox. He was a model of consistent productivity and durability!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It's too bad we don't have signatures anymore. (this post will be removed) would make an excellent sig line.Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

bringing it back. Last time I posted this for every Ellsbury Homer he hit 32 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hignzKHphvQ

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

It's too bad we don't have signatures anymore. (this post will be removed) would make an excellent sig line.Laughing

LOL yeah. I posted that you cant fix stupid three times in a row to three different softy posts and they all got removed. So I re- posted. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

It's a shame he can't do it when it counts, or for more than one season every half a decade. They need to keep him and not trade him, at this point, as he'll be gone soon enough. I know he is making an extra effort at the plate, and pulling up early in the OF, but I have my doubts whether he has the constitution to sustain a full season of above average production for an OBP guy. I hope he does, but I think that contract year thing will drive him too far when he hasn't ever proven stamina from season to season.

Going forward, the draft compensation will be a far better value than Ellsbury's FA contract into his 30's. His Red Sox career will end as one of the all-time Red Sox prima donnas. 

Both injuries were not self-induced, but cause by another player running into him or landing on top of him.  He is not injury-prone the way JD Drew was.  Last year was worrisome, no question, and so was 2010.  But 2011 was a full season in which Ellsbury was the best hitter on the team in the final month, September, when the rest of the team was collapsing around him.  He also had a full and good season on 2009.

This year the jury is still out, I agree, but I take it as a good sign he has already stolen 4 bases, is hitting over .300, and leads the Sox in rbi's after 6 games with 7.  Yesterday he got the only Sox double and 2/3 of the Sox total bases in a losing effort. 

If I were managing, I just might fine Ellsbury for diving for a ball on the rock hard outfield in Toronto, one that also allows the ball to bounce pretty high/hard.  Bradley made that mistake, and Ellsbury had to cover for him and still held the runner to a double. 

In your zeal to prove and reprove your mistaken theory that Ellsbury is a rotten player, virtually a malingerer in your descriptions of him, you have ignored his not insignificant ability and the real possibility he could end up in Boston because he is comfortable here.  And, if he goes elsewhere, here's hoping Bradley is ready to replace him.  JBJ already looks like the better fielder, but the hitting is still a question. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

It's a shame he can't do it when it counts, or for more than one season every half a decade. They need to keep him and not trade him, at this point, as he'll be gone soon enough. I know he is making an extra effort at the plate, and pulling up early in the OF, but I have my doubts whether he has the constitution to sustain a full season of above average production for an OBP guy. I hope he does, but I think that contract year thing will drive him too far when he hasn't ever proven stamina from season to season.

Going forward, the draft compensation will be a far better value than Ellsbury's FA contract into his 30's. His Red Sox career will end as one of the all-time Red Sox prima donnas. 

Both injuries were not self-induced, but cause by another player running into him or landing on top of him.  He is not injury-prone the way JD Drew was.  Last year was worrisome, no question, and so was 2010.  But 2011 was a full season in which Ellsbury was the best hitter on the team in the final month, September, when the rest of the team was collapsing around him.  He also had a full and good season on 2009.

This year the jury is still out, I agree, but I take it as a good sign he has already stolen 4 bases, is hitting over .300, and leads the Sox in rbi's after 6 games with 7.  Yesterday he got the only Sox double and 2/3 of the Sox total bases in a losing effort. 

If I were managing, I just might fine Ellsbury for diving for a ball on the rock hard outfield in Toronto, one that also allows the ball to bounce pretty high/hard.  Bradley made that mistake, and Ellsbury had to cover for him and still held the runner to a double. 

In your zeal to prove and reprove your mistaken theory that Ellsbury is a rotten player, virtually a malingerer in your descriptions of him, you have ignored his not insignificant ability and the real possibility he could end up in Boston because he is comfortable here.  And, if he goes elsewhere, here's hoping Bradley is ready to replace him.  JBJ already looks like the better fielder, but the hitting is still a question. 

Good post.....  Howevaa, the clock is now on.....  I hope that he has a great year, only time & Borra$$ will tell !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bill, you do realize that Jackie Bradley Jr. is also a BORA$$ guy, I trust.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I do.....  Howevaa, by then, America has a good chance of being a 3rd world country !!!  IMO  !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

I do.....  Howevaa, by then, America has a good chance of being a 3rd world country !!!  IMO  !!

OK...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Bogaerts too.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

None of it matters. Kim Jong-un has his nuclear warheads aimed at Fenway Park. We are doomed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

If I were managing, I just might fine Ellsbury for diving for a ball on the rock hard outfield in Toronto, one that also allows the ball to bounce pretty high/hard. Bradley made that mistake, and Ellsbury had to cover for him and still held the runner to a double.

Ellsbury didn't hold anyone, and he has one of the weakest arms in Red Sox history. I'd fine Ellsbury for not diving for the ball.

In your zeal to prove and reprove your mistaken theory that Ellsbury is a rotten player, virtually a malingerer in your descriptions of him, you have ignored his not insignificant ability and the real possibility he could end up in Boston because he is comfortable here.

In your hyperbole, you attempt to distract the readers from the fact that I've called Ellsbury and overrated prima donna, which defines his Red Sox career. Since college, he's been a big loser on every team he's had a starting role on.

In the wake of Crawford, there isn't any "real possiblity" that he will end up in Boston. And his comfort will be where his biggest offer comes from, which won't be Boston.

The reason he's a prima donna is because he lacks the constitution to play more than 110 games a season over 5 years of his youngest years, which has zero to do with how he got hurt. As he hits his thirties, he will decline more phyiscally and in performance. He has an arm so weak, and depth perception that is so weak, and a team leadership profile that is so weak, he and his play the big hop CF is weak at a position where it should be the strongest OF defensive talent. He has no pop other than to staright pull the ball, and even if he does that, he's never going to be able to sustain a career as a 20 plus average a season HR hitter. His OBP is weak for a player who has speed.

Bottom line, whether fans want this guy back for his 30's or not, he's out of here in a few more months. The Red Sox will be better off without this prima donna loser.

And, if he goes elsewhere, here's hoping Bradley is ready to replace him. JBJ already looks like the better fielder, but the hitting is still a question.

You mean like thew 2007 Red Sox?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Bogaerts too.

As CONANS girl friend would say .......  "What difference does it make"  !!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

OK...

How can you argue with that reasoning?