Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado on the Trading block

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado on the Trading block

Braves are trying to move both players. 
    Jair Jurrjens is a young pitcher who can be our 3-4 starter and he can be effective if he stays healthy.  He struggled this year badly due to his injury but I think he will rebound next season and put up his normal numbers.  He can win 18 games with our offense. 
    Martin Prado is also a young player who can play both IF and OF.  He is perfect fit in our lineup.  Prado can play RF and platoon at 3B with Youk if he needs rest.  Prado will be very valuable asset to the injury prone Sox. 

Braves are very well set with young talents.  Their only concern is SS.  We can trade Jed Lowrie, Josh Reddick (Braves are not planning to start Heyward in RF next season), Luis Exposito (can be back up catcher), and a player for those two. 

Then my lineup and rotation will look something like this

Ells CF
    Prado RF
    AGon 1B
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Youk 3B
    Crawford LF
    Salty C
    Scut SS

Bench: Aviles IF, Kalish OF, Lavarnway DH/C, Iggy SS, Middlesbrook 3B

Lester
    Beckett
    Jurrjens
    Bucholz
    Aceves

BP: Weiland, Doubront, Morales, Jenks, Bard, Paps

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Re: Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado on the Trading block

Jurrjens is relatively cheap and seems to finally be healthy.  He had a very solid 2011 season for the Braves. He is certainly a better option than many of the Free Agent names being tossed around and for a lot less dough(3.25 mill for 2012).

Prado would be an upgrade from Mike Aviles as a super utility guy or possibly the starting Right Fielder if we don't get a better right handed power guy via trade or free agency.  Michael Cuddyer is one possibility though Prado is probably a better pure hitter with less power.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

No doubt Jurrjens is a talent and Prado is a better than average player however the last thing we need is another injury prone pitcher.
    In my estimation the player that would make the difference in that trade would be Scutaro. The Sox could always use Aviles, Iggy or Lowrie at ss.
    I think that trade might require Scutaro, Reddick and maybe Pimentel especially if Jurrjens is fully recovered.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I suspect the Braves will set their sights higher than Jed Lowrie, Josh Reddick and Luis Exposito ... it's unrealistic to think those three players would bring back two All Stars.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They will not take Lowrie, Reddick, and Exposito for even just Jurrjens. They need offense. I'd like to try and get O'Flaherty in the deal, maybe something like this:

Lowrie, Iglesias, Reddick, Exposito and Bowden for Jurrjens and O'Flaherty

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado on the Trading block:
    Braves are trying to move both players.  Jair Jurrjens is a young pitcher who can be our 3-4 starter and he can be effective if he stays healthy.  He struggled this year badly due to his injury but I think he will rebound next season and put up his normal numbers.  He can win 18 games with our offense.  Martin Prado is also a young player who can play both IF and OF.  He is perfect fit in our lineup.  Prado can play RF and platoon at 3B with Youk if he needs rest.  Prado will be very valuable asset to the injury prone Sox.  Braves are very well set with young talents.  Their only concern is SS.  We can trade Jed Lowrie, Josh Reddick (Braves are not planning to start Heyward in RF next season), Luis Exposito (can be back up catcher), and a player for those two.  Then my lineup and rotation will look something like this Ells CF Prado RF AGon 1B Pedroia 2B Ortiz DH Youk 3B Crawford LF Salty C Scut SS Bench: Aviles IF, Kalish OF, Lavarnway DH/C, Iggy SS, Middlesbrook 3B Lester Beckett Jurrjens Bucholz Aceves BP: Weiland, Doubront, Morales, Jenks, Bard, Paps
    Posted by seannybboi
      GOOD POST......  DON'T BE SURPRISED IF ORTIZ,BECKETT, & YOUK WILL BE AMONG THE MISSING IN 012 .... JUST MY OPINION !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado on the Trading block:
    Bench: Aviles IF, Kalish OF, Lavarnway DH/C, Iggy SS, Middlesbrook 3B that makes even less sense than your offer to the braves
    Posted by pinstripezac

Yankees fan posting threads in Sox fanbase and saying B*S doesn't make sense to me..

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Any deal with 2 impact type Major Leaguers is surely going to start with the likes of Iglesias, Reddick and Middlebrooks and will likely include 2 more B type prospects as well.  I can't see the sox parting with both Iglesias and Middlebrooks in the same deal unless the name of the pitcher coming back is Felix Hernandez.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

In Response to Re: Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado on the Trading block : Yankees fan posting threads in Sox fanbase and saying B*S doesn't make sense to me..
    Posted by seannybboi

I dont dont know anything about who that poster is a fan of, but it doesnt make sense to have all of your Minor league talent sitting on the bench. They need to be playing everyday to get better. With the exception of Kalish who will be with the ML club.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Now, you're talking, guys.
    Prado can hit, and play many positions, and Jurrjens is a fine pitcher.
    I recall him stifling the Sox a in 2009 a couple of times during the interleague
    series with the Braves.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Braves are trying to move both players.  Jair Jurrjens is a young pitcher who can be our 3-4 starter and he can be effective if he stays healthy.  He struggled this year badly due to his injury but I think he will rebound next season and put up his normal numbers.  He can win 18 games with our offense.  Martin Prado is also a young player who can play both IF and OF.  He is perfect fit in our lineup.  Prado can play RF and platoon at 3B with Youk if he needs rest.  Prado will be very valuable asset to the injury prone Sox.  Braves are very well set with young talents.  Their only concern is SS.  We can trade Jed Lowrie, Josh Reddick (Braves are not planning to start Heyward in RF next season), Luis Exposito (can be back up catcher), and a player for those two.  Then my lineup and rotation will look something like this Ells CF Prado RF AGon 1B Pedroia 2B Ortiz DH Youk 3B Crawford LF Salty C Scut SS Bench: Aviles IF, Kalish OF, Lavarnway DH/C, Iggy SS, Middlesbrook 3B Lester Beckett Jurrjens Bucholz Aceves BP: Weiland, Doubront, Morales, Jenks, Bard, Paps
    Posted by seannybboi

If the Braves move Jurrgens, which I just don't see, given that they just moved Lowe. They'll want at minimum and impact bat in return...The only tradable asset we have to match their need is Ellsbury. Even then with Bourne they already have a speedy CF that hits in the leadoff spot...Not unlike what transpired in July and August of last season where. Due to our system simply not having projectable, ready for prime time position players. We couldn't put together a deal for pitching without involving a 3rd party. 

To aquire a pitcher like Jurrgens, we'd likely have get another team in the mix and like the Dodgers last year in the bedard deal...where team A sends a bat to the braves, we get Jurrgens we'd build the a deal around Ranaundo with possible throw ins like Kalish, Iglesias and/ or a couple of lower level guys with upside...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado on the Trading block : If the Braves move Jurrgens, which I just don't see, given that they just moved Lowe. They'll want at minimum and impact bat in return...The only tradable asset we have to match their need is Ellsbury. Even then with Bourne they already have a speedy CF that hits in the leadoff spot...Not unlike what transpired in July and August of last season where. Due to our system simply not having projectable, ready for prime time position players. We couldn't put together a deal for pitching without involving a 3rd party.  To aquire a pitcher like Jurrgens, we'd likely have get another team in the mix and like the Dodgers last year in the bedard deal...where team A sends a bat to the braves, we get Jurrgens we'd build the a deal around Ranaundo with possible throw ins like Kalish, Iglesias and/ or a couple of lower level guys with upside...
    Posted by Beantowne

I think with Chipper aging and injury prone along with the fact Youk can play 1B or 3B he may be part of any asking price for Jurrjens.

Just guessing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

They will not take Lowrie, Reddick, and Exposito for even just Jurrjens. They need offense. I'd like to try and get O'Flaherty in the deal, maybe something like this: Lowrie, Iglesias, Reddick, Exposito and Bowden for Jurrjens and O'Flaherty
    Posted by moonslav59
    I agree. And it should also be noted that Braves have concerns with both players. Jurrjens had a bad knee and a second half that reflected it and Prado regressed last season.

But the money isn't a huge issue for the Braves as they'd only clear about $10M. The are going to be looking for a young power bat in excahnge for these player and one with more years of control that Mr Ellsbury. They are trying to work the way the Rays have in recent years by cashing out on certainl players early and cherry pick the trading partners farm system. Not much to cherry pick in Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Atlanta's not rebuilding - they're going to want Ellsbury.  In fact, this news seems almost tailor-made for the Sox.  Do you do Jurrjens & Prado for Ells straight-up?  I say hold out for a reliever - if they're not willing to part with O'Flaherty, Venters or Kimbrel, insist on Vizcaino - he could be valuable out of the pen right away.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Posted by seannybboi

MiddleBrook and Iggy are not ready for MLB baseball. They will challenge for positions starting in the 2013 season. Rushing them into Boston for start of next season would destroy whatever potential they do have.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I would love to see Youk involved in this trade for Jurrjens and Prado. Prado would be very nice to have with the RH bat, plays OF. Not sure this type of trade will happen though. Heck, I would trade Youk straight up for Prado.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

This is ridiculous - Youk's OPS in his terrible 2011 season was 57 points higher than Prado's career average.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Posted by seannybboi

Braves are looking for a POWER HITTING OF for these two. Think Jay Bruce, Mike Stanton, Hunter Pence. Sox are desperate for OF help and Josh Reddick doesn't fiot the bill why would someone give up such quality with Reddick as center piece of an offer?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

In Response to Re: Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado on the Trading block : Youk could be in play, but I'd think given his injuries he has to come back and show himself healthy before any team would entertain aquiring him?
    Posted by Beantowne

Braves have Freeman at 1b and Chipper at 3rd base. Youk isn't a fit for them they are looking for a Power bat for the OF.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado on the Trading block : I think with Chipper aging and injury prone along with the fact Youk can play 1B or 3B he may be part of any asking price for Jurrjens. Just guessing
    Posted by craze4sox

Youk could be in play, but I'd think given his injuries he has to come back and show himself healthy before any team would entertain aquiring him?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

NOOOTT! 

The braves want more than Lowrie, Reddick and Esposito... They wants something like Youkilis,2 prospects, Josh Reddick and Jed Lowrie for Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I would love to see Youk involved in this trade for Jurrjens and Prado. Prado would be very nice to have with the RH bat, plays OF. Not sure this type of trade will happen though. Heck, I would trade Youk straight up for Prado.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I didn't read the whole thread but to get Jurrjens the Red Sox are going to have to part with a lot more than people are suggesting.  The Braves aren't interested in 3-4 marginal MLB players for an all-star pitcher, I'm guessing they will field more attractive offers that Lowrie, Reddick, Bowden, Esposito.

A guy like Jurrjens requires a can't miss, top in MLB prospect, which the Red Sox don't have or an impact player already at the MLB level.  This deal is approaching Ellsbury territory.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Braves have young talent at 1B (Youk's best position), but i guess they could move Jones to LF again.

Maybe a 3rd team could get involved where Youk goes somewhere (along with some of the prospects I listed before) and that team gives ATL what they want, and we get Jurrjens, Prado, and one of their lefty releivers.

Sections
Shortcuts