James Loney

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: James Loney

Loney was here last year softbrain, and he was lousy. Remember?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Welcome to Wal-Mart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

He wasn't here long, and he's not lousy. Good defender and is handling the bat well. S. Drew wasn't here and he was lousy, just like he is this year. You need your head examined.

Bench warmer that could come in and get a hit from time to time or spot start. Thats about it. And while Im sure I do need my head examined, my memory of Loney flying to left and bouncing to second is in tact.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

There a high probability that Loney wouldnt do well in a bench role since hes never been a bench guy. It takes some time to get used to, and some guys arent able to adapt at all. No guarantees that he would be a good "value and fit" besides on paper.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He's been good value and fit for the Rays, on paper and on the field. I think he would have been a great fit and value, splitting time with Napoli who shouldn't be playing more than part-time.

I dont disagree about his value, but not sold on the fit part as a bench guy with Boston. I still question if he could do it and be productive. Agree that he was the perfect value/fit with TB though.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I like that, better than Carp. A contract extension of one year at 3M would have done the trick. A better compliment to old Napoli.

Loney's off to great start, but he's not going to be a slugging first baseman. But he is a good fit and value to platoon off the bench on a one year 3M deal.

Monday morning quarterback

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Loney = Casey Kotchman without the defense.   Do not let 10 game sample sizes fool you. 

The interesting part is softlaw choosing Loney's biannual hot streak to pat himself on the back and cry prophet as he foresaw the clear choice over Carp, yet Carp is still actually outhitting Loney.  (Actually, he was touting Loney over Napoli, but why split hairs at this point?)

You will never convince people you can see the future if you cannot even see the present.

(OK, that last line was kind of deep, especially for me.  I am thinking maybe someone needs to make that a signature, you know, quote me or soemthing.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't think any other team, other than the Ray's, made an offer to James--and we know about "hindsight"--James and his ground balls to first and second--would have driven Sox fans crazy. I'm happy for him having an outstanding season.

Like others on the board have reminded Softy Law how he wanted no part of James except for the fact that he could have been had on the cheap; typical Softy premise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I totally forgot about Loney's brief tenure with the Sox...i dont think another slap-hitting corner fielder is what we needed...I like napoli

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I think if he played about 80 games or more he would be fine. Napoli is better suited as a matchup vs. certain pitchers hitter and pinch hitter.

At any rate, Napoli was a good value and fit, at 5M base and one year. But I like Loney better than Carp.

But the issue for the Red Sox is a lineup that doesn't cut it in the middle. Middlebrooks is the only potential changer of that, and he's playing with the rib injury. Middlebrooks is a keeper, that's for sure.

HAHA!!!!!  It's so much fun listening to you ramble and twist things around....maybe you really are a lawyer after all!!  EVERY player you like has been horrible....and every player you hate has been great.  WMB (the player you have a man crush on) has been a trainwreck....but now that he has sore ribs you now have an excuse.......but you are ignoring the fact that he was a mess before the injury.

Go away......you're sad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

I like that, better than Carp. A contract extension of one year at 3M would have done the trick. A better compliment to old Napoli.

Loney's off to great start, but he's not going to be a slugging first baseman. But he is a good fit and value to platoon off the bench on a one year 3M deal.

Great after the fact post !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Yeah, you're right. Loney was just the piece we need to become a bona fide contender for a ring this year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

he's a good fit in Tampa, shorter porch in right than Fenway and he plays for short money so thats why he's there

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Does Loney play left field? Loney is starting and only has one more HR. Those two players are very different and Carp is a "better fit and value".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He wasn't here long, and he's not lousy. Good defender and is handling the bat well. S. Drew wasn't here and he was lousy, just like he is this year. You need your head examined.

Drew has been pretty solid lately. 

25. This post has been removed.