James Loney

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: James Loney

In response to softlaw2's comment:

The past and present predicts the future, almost every time. I knew Obama was incompetent and a liar. I was right.

So.....looks like you guys have a lot in common....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The past and present predicts the future, almost every time. I knew Obama was incompetent and a liar. I was right.

So your past and present of bigotry, lying, goal post moving, never being wrong, creepiness, and general lack of baseball knowledge will conitunitue into the future? I would try to work on some of them. 

BTW is noted that you only wanted to sign Loney for a million dollars. He got 3x want you predicted. Double check your BDC notebook.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Loney and Carp are apples and oranges.  Mike Carp is an outfielder who can play first base.  James Loney is a first baseman who ... can't do anything else.  So, why would the Sox want to waste a roster spot on a strictly-backup-first-baseman who did nothing to show why he should be re-signed while he was here?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Loney and Carp are apples and oranges.  Mike Carp is an outfielder who can play first base.  James Loney is a first baseman who ... can't do anything else.  So, why would the Sox want to waste a roster spot on a strictly-backup-first-baseman who did nothing to show why he should be re-signed while he was here?  

Because the Sox FO should have known the Rays would have a use for him? Wink

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Loney can play LF, unless you buy the notion that only Carp can do so, wich is absurd. But who cares, the Red Sox don't have any need for a bench 1B who can be a body in LF on a seldom used basis.

BTW is noted that you only wanted to sign Loney for a million dollars

BTW, if the Red Sox offered about a 1 million dollar extension and a team option small buyout before or immediately after Loney become a FA, he would have almost surely taken it.  Without a doubt, 2M early on would have closed it.

Well, if you count 1 game in his long career as emergency fill-in rightfielder as "can play left field" you are absolutely right.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Loney can play LF, unless you buy the notion that only Carp can do so, wich is absurd. But who cares, the Red Sox don't have any need for a bench 1B who can be a body in LF on a seldom used basis.

BTW is noted that you only wanted to sign Loney for a million dollars

BTW, if the Red Sox offered about a 1 million dollar extension and a team option small buyout before or immediately after Loney become a FA, he would have almost surely taken it.  Without a doubt, 2M early on would have closed it.

Loney has played in RF 3 times in his career with only 3AB, which tells me he was possibly involved in a couple double switches and certainly didnt play a whole game out there.

Not saying he couldnt play OF in Fenway, but with very limited time throughout his entire career in the OF, he would need some time to learn. Im guessing hes more comfortable at 1b and would rather have taken an offer, like the rays, over the Sox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

just what we need!  another has-been / never-will-be.

great idea!

<sarc>

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I thought this was just the first tee shot on a 72 hole tourney.

I guess small sample sizes are fine when the clown wants them to be.

The past and present predicts the future, almost every time...

What part of a career sub .285 BA and .249 last year predicted a .381 BA this season?

Do the math!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

How can what you posted be supported by the fact that he is hitting 100 points higher than qny year since 2008 and 132 higher than last year/

How does the past and present suppport the 381 so far this year?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You are so giddy about Loney and the hopes that you break your 579 wrong position streak, that you are falling all over yourself.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Doesn't take much to stand in LF in Fenway, for a few games, with few chances.

Wrong again, Rosin-breath.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Doesn't take much to stand in LF in Fenway, for a few games, with few chances.

-the clown

That's why I was surprised you wanted Bradley in LF and Ells in CF to start the year.   You called me a "stooge" for suggesting our OF was better with JBJ and Jake swapped around.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It's hard not to be worrying about the abuse of power and obstruction of justice that's going on in the white house, right now.

The White House coulda signed Loney to be POTUS for $3 mil.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I know the season is still early but I cannot believe that Loney is leading the AL in batting average.   LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I know the season is still early but I cannot believe that Loney is leading the AL in batting average.   LOL

...and who was that guy who traded for him?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

and who was that guy who traded for him?

And who was the guy who wouldn't give him a 1 to 2M dollar extension and a team option and small buyout, to platoon in a bench role.

Why would he want to resign with a team that had just lost 93 games so that he could play a bench role when he had the chance to have a starting role on what was thought to be a contender?