JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS!

yep yep i know i was carrying the torch for my gal solo and wambach just a few days ago but facts are facts. cant believe how great japan was and how much i had stupidly ignored them. first they beat the germans who were the faves to win it all on their home spoil of germany. then they beat sweden. i digress, but what a hot final sweden and the US would have been. the only remotely hot japanese gal was the one who made the last penalty kick. then they beat the yankees of the tournament, the ultimate overdog in the US who had beaten them 22 times and tied in the other 3. they had never beaten the yanks! had the japs been the americans, espn would call this the GREATEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS! what the us did to brazil in the quarterfinals, they did to us in the finals with all the lights on and all the marbles on the table. outmanned, outguned, one man down and still they found a way! lets face it, this US squad was the russians in 1980 and japan were the US!

they are like the underdog 2004 sox by how we came bak against the mighty yanks, like the pats due to how the tsunami disaster was similar to how the nation's pride came together by an underdog team bleeding PATRIOTism won it all in the super bowl. like the underdog bruins by how they refused to quit and the how the unknown less flashy goalie picked the perfect stretch of games to shine at her best! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS!

Your coffee is too strong. You need to switch to tea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This has the approval of Juan Carlo...

... submits threads unrelated to the Red Sox too!

Last time I checked women's soccer isn't very interesting to most of us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

No, I'm with you, CC. I was pulling for the US, naturally, but if we couldn't win I'm glad Japan did. Not only because of the sentimental issue, but they are fun to watch. They play well together, they play with class. And man, was that keeper fantastic in the PKs or what, especially that first save.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS!:
    No, I'm with you, CC. I was pulling for the US, naturally, but if we couldn't win I'm glad Japan did. Not only because of the sentimental issue, but they are fun to watch. They play well together, they play with class. And man, was that keeper fantastic in the PKs or what, especially that first save.
    Posted by LloydDobler
    check out this reality:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS!:
    yep yep i know i was carrying the torch for my gal solo and wambach just a few days ago but facts are facts. cant believe how great japan was and how much i had stupidly ignored them. first they beat the germans who were the faves to win it all on their home spoil of germany. then they beat sweden. i digress, but what a hot final sweden and the US would have been. the only remotely hot japanese gal was the one who made the last penalty kick. then they beat the yankees of the tournament, the ultimate overdog in the US who had beaten them 22 times and tied in the other 3. they had never beaten the yanks! had the japs been the americans, espn would call this the GREATEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS! what the us did to brazil in the quarterfinals, they did to us in the finals with all the lights on and all the marbles on the table. outmanned, outguned, one man down and still they found a way! lets face it, this US squad was the russians in 1980 and japan were the US! they are like the underdog 2004 sox by how we came bak against the mighty yanks, like the pats due to how the tsunami disaster was similar to how the nation's pride came together by an underdog team bleeding PATRIOTism won it all in the super bowl. like the underdog bruins by how they refused to quit and the how the unknown less flashy goalie picked the perfect stretch of games to shine at her best! 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Not trying to be jingoistic or anything (BTW I am a contrarian myself), but the US gave it away, and Japan did nothing special to earn the victory. Probably should have been about 5-1, but US kept choking it down. Very disappointing finish to an improbably run (they were not that good a team, IMO, but the Brazil game was exciting), and give Japan credit for beating all comers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

SOCCER--a good way to kill grass.
    SOCCER--a terrible way to kill time.

SOCCER is BORRRRRRING!

Sections
Shortcuts