Jason Bartlett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Jason Bartlett

I would like to see a trade with SD for Bartlett as a 2 year stop-gap until hopefully Iglesias is ready to hit. I thought he was a great pickup for TB when they got him. He seemed to be the glue on that team and think he could make Crawford more comfortable. Just a thought

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Jason Bartlett

Is Crawford Korean?  Is he Japanese?  Do we really need to bring in an ex-Rays player to make the $bazillion dollar man more comfortable?

Thanks Einstein.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--yazzer. Show the--yazzer's posts

the best way to make CRAW comfortable, is to have him face mediocre right-handed pitchers; which, fortunately for CRAW, there are a lot of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I disagree yazzer, I think the author of this thread makes a great point.  I believe the RS should set forth to sign/trade for as many 2010 Rays players as possible.  Carl will become more comfortable than anyone could hope... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Bartlett was the glue on that team?

How is it they continued to play well without him?

Why does everyone always think they have to make these high priced stars "comfortable?" Isn't the money enough? Do they need their momma and their teddy bear?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--yazzer. Show the--yazzer's posts

couldn't OKI be CARL'S friend? wait a minute, i thought being a friend to every RED SOX player and making them all comfortable was 'CONA'S job!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Einstein? wow name calling for simply posting a thought. just think he would be great fit for this team right now and the crawford thing just a byproduct because he is struggling so much with confidence right now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

No trades atm. Our team is good, keep the young kids we have, let them play next year, save our money for 2012

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--yazzer. Show the--yazzer's posts

or the offense of jed lowrie with the defense of marco scutaro.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

A "thought" should never warrant starting  thread - it should have been put in a thread as a single post.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

get a life baby jack-a$$

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

wanna fight now?  I'll meet you outside Fenway high noon tomorrow.... bring your best water pistol feelyuck

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

I doubt you can fight without your computer. 3273 posts? Go outside once in a while baby jack-a$$

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

good grief

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

rofl!  I was planning on taking my laptop with me... u do know laptops are portable right?  Or did you think your 8-bit Commodore 64 computer was still the in thing?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

This trade wouldn't happen unless there's an injury.  Iglesias should be ready to go next year anyway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

how about a trade youklis, sutton, bowden and iglesias for
    david wright and jose reyes. we would get a good righty
    hitter and a star shortstop. The mets would get a third
    baseman to replace wright, a potential good prospect in
    Sutton, a young pitcher and a budding big league ss in
    Iglesias. The Sox need some pop at the SS position and
    some new infusion of spirit at 3b. Wright is not a guy who
    will upset an apple cart. He is a team guy who I think needs
    a new environment and a hitters park for righties. Sure...we
    would have to pay money, but we have some guys coming
    off the books, we would lose Youk's salary, and be set at
    SS and 3B for at least 5 years. The Mets are gonna be
    looking to shed contracts and this might be the time to
    pull a major deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Perhaps Lowrie even up for Bartlett or lowrie and Reddick for Bartlett and someone.

Bartlett is making $4 M. Lowrie @ the minimum--$450,000; that's justified even-up.
    That would give us three Rays--there might be some Maddon Magic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Dont get me wrong, I really like Lowrie and his bat. He is just a horrible middle infielder. From what I have seen he plays a pretty solid 3b, but that obviously isnt going to happen. Maybe he could work into the o.f some how, I dont know. Right now Iglesias is complete opposite problem with lot of d but no bat speed and struggling badly with big league breaking balls. I thought Alex Gonzalez was the 2 or 3 year answer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Not sure Bartlett is an upgrade for anyone. Sit tight on this trade until the deadline.  If someone goes down with an injury, then it becomes  close to an imperative.  Until then, it's needless worry.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Our defense up the middle is poor ... it is killing the pitchers.   I would agree that getting a great defensive shortstop is a good idea right now.   But it aint gonna happen.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Jason Bartlett:
    This trade wouldn't happen unless there's an injury.  Iglesias should be ready to go next year anyway.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

He'll never be ready until he faces big-league pitching on a regular basis. I'm tired of the RS coddling these players for so long. If he has the tools, he'll succeed now. I say trade Lowrie and bring him up and insert him in the line-up now!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Jason Bartlett:
    Dont get me wrong, I really like Lowrie and his bat. He is just a horrible middle infielder. From what I have seen he plays a pretty solid 3b, but that obviously isnt going to happen. Maybe he could work into the o.f some how, I dont know. Right now Iglesias is complete opposite problem with lot of d but no bat speed and struggling badly with big league breaking balls. I thought Alex Gonzalez was the 2 or 3 year answer.
    Posted by feelec

I'll get hammered for this one but Lowrie does play a better 3B than Youk and frankly, we'd get a lot more in return by trading Youkilis. However, if he was to be traded, certainly not within the division (or AL for that matter). He should go to an NL team.
    Perhaps we could get Kershaw and Kemp for Youk and Reddick!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If they make any trades it should be for bullpen help....but not other teams rejects, either, although that's likely all that anyone is offering right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Lowrie does not play a better 3B than Youk, nor does he play a much better SS than Adam Dunn. 2B is the only place to try and hide the butcher with hands and feet of stone and a paper arm, and that won't work out too well, either.

Had Theo shipped this guy off, he would have had a chance to fool some GM's on Lowrie the slugging emerging star SS. Now, they all know what a butcher he is, and a butcher who is a weak hitter against RHP. Not a good combination. Sell low Theo, buy high, should be your epitaph.

Sections
Shortcuts