JASON BAY should be walking through those doors!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: JASON BAY should be walking through those doors!

Bay is a dangerous hitter in Fenway only when he gets his pitch. Fastball , middle in.  Regrettably, pitchers have found out that he is a sucker for sliders away.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Only eventhink of bringing Bay back with on a minor league, spring training invitation contract at this point as he may be far too broken down to warrant a major league contract.

His injuries over the last few years as well as his lack of success in NY are likely to require him to have to accept a similar contract wherever he tries to make a comeback.

He may or not be able to play any longer. He played hard and played well in Boston before, but sentiment cannot be part of building the roster in any year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

yep he has strugggled in nY. but i called it before he left. this air was great for him, he has a fenway stroke. i would take a flyer on him and invite him to spring training and seee what happens from there. he could replace cody ross' bat on the cheap.. plus he's finally healthy!

I think you been sniffing more then just the air here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

yep he has strugggled in nY. but i called it before he left. this air was great for him, he has a fenway stroke. i would take a flyer on him and invite him to spring training and seee what happens from there. he could replace cody ross' bat on the cheap.. plus he's finally healthy!

I think you been sniffing more then just the air here.

What harm would it be to take a minor league contract flier on him?  If he doesn't pan out in ST he goes bye bye.  With all the rotten luck our team has had the past four seasons maybe we would get a taste of the other kind with a lucky signing.  Can't hurt---just as long as we sign two other decent outfielders and a first sacker not named baLoney.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

http://youtu.be/GrIwnZ9zNZo 

No Way.......Plays Hard But 2 Concussions, A 3rd One Is Serious Sh!t.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

As I posted on another thread. I think he's the type of player who hit 30 years, gets injured and fades quickly. I really don't see him bouncing back, but there's no harm in a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

With all of the money available from the L.A. deal , are we still going to look for cheap fixes for this team ? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

With all of the money available from the L.A. deal , are we still going to look for cheap fixes for this team ? 

learn from your mistakes

besides, in the coming years we will have to pay ells, pedey, lester and buch. it will make it much easier if we don't have huge money tied up into 3 guys

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

The last time he walked through the door it hit him in the AZZ

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I doubt that the Red Sox will pay Ellsbury what he is going to want on a long term contract.

Trade him now while his value is as high as it will be without a contract extension.

Bay is a decent choice on a minor league contract/spring training invite, and he wil likely take it since he has to know the value of Fenway Park for his swing now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

I doubt that the Red Sox will pay Ellsbury what he is going to want on a long term contract.

Trade him now while his value is as high as it will be without a contract extension.

Bay is a decent choice on a minor league contract/spring training invite, and he wil likely take it since he has to know the value of Fenway Park for his swing now.

why not? he is home grown, can handle the pressure, perennial GG'er and a great baseball player. if your going to commit big money to someone are you going to commit to someone who is unknown in the market and team or someone you know can handle the pressures of playing with boston (and success while doing it).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it cant hurt to sign him AFTER we sign Ross or get another solid OF for 2013....what im afraid of is Ben's penchant for making dumpster dives and having that be his main plan...like his pitching plans in 2012 that failed miserably and epically

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

it cant hurt to sign him AFTER we sign Ross or get another solid OF for 2013....what im afraid of is Ben's penchant for making dumpster dives and having that be his main plan...like his pitching plans in 2012 that failed miserably and epically

not much he could have done in 2012.. he had a tight budget and a short leash. and no sense in giving up prospects at the deadline when your team is devestated by injuries

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

not much he could have done in 2012.. he had a tight budget and a short leash. and no sense in giving up prospects at the deadline when your team is devestated by injuries

You're wasting your time.  Georom has an agenda, sticks to it, and he absolutely hates facts. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SindarinEribor's comment:

Beckett and Lester both admitted that they failed miserably this past season. They did not blame the FO. They blamed themselves. Sounds reasonable to me.

i don't think they took it lightly either. you don't get to the MLB for being non-competitive. they will come back with a vengance

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Beckett and Lester both admitted that they failed miserably this past season. They did not blame the FO. They blamed themselves. Sounds reasonable to me.

we knew we didnt have lackey or paplebon in 2012.... Ben failed to address that....it has nothing to do with Lester/beckett underperforming....and the fact that ben watched these salamis underform and still did nothing at the trade deadline was idiotic...there's a reason why we won 69 games last yr...it was the GM who couldnt choose a manager, then wouldnt support him, wouldnt get quality players, made terrible trades/moves and then gave up when he realized the team was what everyone said it was -  lousy.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

we knew we didnt have lackey or paplebon in 2012.... Ben failed to address that....it has nothing to do with Lester/beckett underperforming....and the fact that ben watched these salamis underform and still did nothing at the trade deadline was idiotic...there's a reason why we won 69 games last yr...it was the GM who couldnt choose a manager, then wouldnt support him, wouldnt get quality players, made terrible trades/moves and then gave up when he realized the team was what everyone said it was -  lousy.

LOL the mental gymnastics you must do to convince yourselves these things have ANY validity whatsoever must be EXHAUSTING

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

LOL the mental gymnastics you must do to convince yourselves these things have ANY validity whatsoever must be EXHAUSTING

+1   Nice

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

+1   Nice

You guys still enjoy going after Georom, Ike, Trotter and those who see things differently from your rose colored glasses.  Fact is Cherington did a miserable job of getting the team up to speed last year.  Except for signing Ross everything he touched turned to sh#t!!!!!  He is glacially slow to do anything, has to get daddy Lucchino's ok to do anything and then is usually late at the station.  Maybe you pollyannas will be able to say we told you so when Ben finally does a few things right but some of us are not holding our breath waiting for that to happen.

I have a bad feeling that things aren't going to change much with this nincompoop passing for a credible GM.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

+1   Nice

You guys still enjoy going after Georom, Ike, Trotter and those who see things differently from your rose colored glasses.  Fact is Cherington did a miserable job of getting the team up to speed last year.  Except for signing Ross everything he touched turned to sh#t!!!!!  He is glacially slow to do anything, has to get daddy Lucchino's ok to do anything and then is usually late at the station.  Maybe you pollyannas will be able to say we told you so when Ben finally does a few things right but some of us are not holding our breath waiting for that to happen.

I have a bad feeling that things aren't going to change much with this nincompoop passing for a credible GM.

I have no problem with a difference of opinion. Its the hateful bashing with no facts that I dont get and the name calling that invites criticism. Most posters here, I would assume, dont like to be called names. Its a sign of disrespect, then in return your asking for respect. Doesnt make sense to me.

Sections
Shortcuts