JASON BAY should be walking through those doors!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: JASON BAY should be walking through those doors!

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I posted on another thread. I think he's the type of player who hit 30 years, gets injured and fades quickly. I really don't see him bouncing back, but there's no harm in a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you.  He was a fan favorite in his short career playing for the Red Sox.  What would be the harm in signing him to a minor league contract?  He may surprise everyone next season and  have a great year.  I don't believe their is much risk involved in giving him a chance. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SindarinEribor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Beckett and Lester both admitted that they failed miserably this past season. They did not blame the FO. They blamed themselves. Sounds reasonable to me.

[/QUOTE]

we knew we didnt have lackey or paplebon in 2012.... Ben failed to address that....it has nothing to do with Lester/beckett underperforming....and the fact that ben watched these salamis underform and still did nothing at the trade deadline was idiotic...there's a reason why we won 69 games last yr...it was the GM who couldnt choose a manager, then wouldnt support him, wouldnt get quality players, made terrible trades/moves and then gave up when he realized the team was what everyone said it was -  lousy.

[/QUOTE]

LOL the mental gymnastics you must do to convince yourselves these things have ANY validity whatsoever must be EXHAUSTING

[/QUOTE]

+1   Nice

[/QUOTE]

You guys still enjoy going after Georom, Ike, Trotter and those who see things differently from your rose colored glasses.  Fact is Cherington did a miserable job of getting the team up to speed last year.  Except for signing Ross everything he touched turned to sh#t!!!!!  He is glacially slow to do anything, has to get daddy Lucchino's ok to do anything and then is usually late at the station.  Maybe you pollyannas will be able to say we told you so when Ben finally does a few things right but some of us are not holding our breath waiting for that to happen.

I have a bad feeling that things aren't going to change much with this nincompoop passing for a credible GM.

[/QUOTE]

It was just a matter of time before the real Fred showed up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

ThefourBs with the "Bs" standing for exactly what you might think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Except for signing Ross everything he touched turned to sh#t!!!!!  He is glacially slow to do anything, has to get daddy Lucchino's ok to do anything and then is usually late at the station.  

1) His hands were tied financially and otherwise.

2) You neglected to mention Ciriaco, Pods, Shopp, Breslow, Padilla, and Mortensen.

3) Sticking with Salty, Doubront, Atchison, and giving Middlebrooks a full shot.

4) The AGon and salary dump trade was the best move made by a Sox GM since trading Nomar.

I'm not a Ben supporter (or basher... yet), but I think judging him as mostly responsible for the lack of action last winter is being short-sighted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Cherry is a nerd. He has puppet strings attached by the brass. This organization is terrible. New York actually looks better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

"....Bay, I'll remember him as one of the three or four best Pirates of the last two decades. But his recent career has been awful, and I'm very, very glad he didn't play them out in Pittsburgh -- there were some commentators back in 2008 who thought the Pirates should have signed Bay to an extension. It's very clear that you shouldn't sign aging, injury-prone outfielders who can't play defense to four-year contracts." Charlie Wilmoth

http://www.bucsdugout.com/2012/11/7/3614148/jason-bay-mets-break-up

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

Where are the ataboys and kudos to the front office or Theo for demanding that Jason Bay take a detailed physical before finalizing their four year, $60 mil. offer to him? That physical concluded that Bay was too risky for the long term. Where are the cheers?

[/QUOTE]

i cheered it in another thread

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I will cheer it now, I don't remember that far back in regards to Bay

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I was happy to see them not sign him for that amount.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where are the ataboys and kudos to the front office or Theo for demanding that Jason Bay take a detailed physical before finalizing their four year, $60 mil. offer to him? That physical concluded that Bay was too risky for the long term. Where are the cheers?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know that Fred was complaining until real recently that it was a mistake to let Bay go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know that Fred was complaining until real recently that it was a mistake to let Bay go.

[/QUOTE]

Although a minor league deal with a ST invite should be considered for Bay and Siezmore