Jason Bay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

Jason Bay

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/mets-jason-bay-agree-to-part-ways.html

Is he worth a look on a minor league deal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Jason Bay

I always say yes to minor league deals, but Bay couldn't be trending worse....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I saw that too.I don't think he'd agree to minor league deal.He can't be looking for a lot of money considering what he's done the last couple of years.He might pull a Cody Ross and take a 1 year deal for 2-3 million just for a chance to improve his value for 2014. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

loved him when he was with the sox but MAN were we smart to let him go.

i'm sure he is of value to some teams (yankees maybe?? they need to find a couple low cost guys to try to stay under the luxury tax) but i don't think he is an option for the sox.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SindarinEribor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep, the Sox were serendipitous to let him go.

[/QUOTE]

if i remember correctly the reasoning behind us not signing him was the medical staff suspected damage to his knee or elbow or something and advised us not to resign. then once he signed with the mets he went down with an injury simillar to what the med staff was worried about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

What happened to Bay is a tough one. Was it a bad fit, the concussions, lost confidence?? At 34, he still has time to turn it around, given the opportunity

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

No!!

He is an often injure proned player!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Too bad that this guy got injured, but he made a pretty gready mistake by taking the big money and leaving a place where he was very successful.

Hopefully, Ross was paying attention and will not take his Bay-like swing away from Fenway

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The union doesn't allow players to reduce the guaranteed portion of their contracts unless they get something equal in greater in return.

This drives me nuts. The union controls what the player can and can not do. Yes I know it is supposedly for the benefit of all.

However if the deferrals did not happen he was stuck where he was, assigned to a team that did not want himand one he did not want to be with. How is that good reasonning.

Sorry Jason but your stuck where you are because we have to protect 799 players....that is so assine

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The union doesn't allow players to reduce the guaranteed portion of their contracts unless they get something equal in greater in return.

This drives me nuts. The union controls what the player can and can not do. Yes I know it is supposedly for the benefit of all.

However if the deferrals did not happen he was stuck where he was, assigned to a team that did not want himand one he did not want to be with. How is that good reasonning.

Sorry Jason but your stuck where you are because we have to protect 799 players....that is so assine

[/QUOTE]

If that wasn't the rule, we would have traded Manny and Lester to Texas for Arod, & Nomar for Magglio Ordonez (deals were done), which means we very well could be going on 96 years without a title...I see your point, though, and Im not a union fan...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bay looks like a shot ball player.  For whatever reason , he seems totally washed up. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

If he'd sign a minor league deal why not? It would have to be non-guaranteed though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Agree with Carnie.

Nothing to lose, but possibly a lot to gain with signing Bay to a minor league deal.

.915 OPS in Fenway. If he could return to near his 2009 level, he'd be a steal.

Good teammate and good guy. Why not?

"However, one talent evaluator who saw Bay with the Mets suggested that the 34-year-old still can be a solid big league contibutor.

"I think no player needs a fresh start more than him. I actually don't think he is done," said the evaluator. "His problems [in New York] were more mental than physical."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree with Carnie.

Nothing to lose, but possibly a lot to gain with signing Bay to a minor league deal.

[/QUOTE]

true, absolutely nothing to lose and if our injury woes continue it will be nice to have someone like JBAY in the wings

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree with Carnie.

[/QUOTE]

true, absolutely nothing to lose and if our injury woes continue it will be nice to have someone like JBAY in the wings

[/QUOTE]

and my screen name would be back in vogue ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

if he's willing to play for 1 yr @ $2M, I don't mind Sox giving him a shot.  Bay was and still is loved by Sox fans even though he only stayed for little less than year and a half. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i loved bay..hated to see him o but i was wrong on that...same with beltre - that turned out to be a GM mistake....ross is the next tough call but not really imo for what he is asking for and the amount of years....

we should be offering the moon to grienke and then moving on with other nonessential moves

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i loved bay..hated to see him o but i was wrong on that...same with beltre - that turned out to be a GM mistake....ross is the next tough call but not really imo for what he is asking for and the amount of years....

we should be offering the moon to grienke and then moving on with other nonessential moves

[/QUOTE]

yes, throwing money at FA worked out so well in the past....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bay and Sweeny might by a nice platoon in Left.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

So according to the forum we need to re-aquire Bay, Masterson, Youk, and Sanchez?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Give him a minor league deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So according to the forum we need to re-aquire Bay, Masterson, Youk, and Sanchez?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Sanchez, the other 3...No thanks...

Sections
Shortcuts