Jason Bay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Jason Bay

Why not?

Millar was a bum on his way to Japan.

Mueller was an unknown bum.

This is EXACTLY the kind of low risk/high reward potentials that they need to get back to signing. If he doesn't work out, what's it going to cost them? Next to nothing. Not every signing is guaranteed to perform...not even at 7 years and 142 million.

Don't forget, he's already getting 16.5million for 2013, regardless of how much it's deferred, he's getting that money. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1 yr/1mil deal.

Also, the kind of high character guy that has been missing of late.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'd give just about anyone a low-cost minor league deal, just to see if it works out...while the chances of Bay returning to pre-2010 form would appear to be minimal, what's the downside?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd give just about anyone a low-cost minor league deal, just to see if it works out...while the chances of Bay returning to pre-2010 form would appear to be minimal, what's the downside?

[/QUOTE]

None.

I'd love to see Jay attempt to turn his career around at Fenway.

It's a win-win, if his problem is mostly mental.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

None.

[/QUOTE]

Did u use any baseball brains to make a post or are you just sentimental? "win-win" ?  ROFL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Don't even ask..... "That ship has sailed" !!!

If Bill-806 doesn't like it, that might be the most ringing endorsement of doing the deal I could think of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i loved bay..hated to see him o but i was wrong on that...same with beltre - that turned out to be a GM mistake....ross is the next tough call but not really imo for what he is asking for and the amount of years....

we should be offering the moon to grienke and then moving on with other nonessential moves

[/QUOTE]

I agree that we need to fill in the hole for starting rotation pitcher. Lackey is coming back after a major surgery that is a 50/50 shot. Injuries in the bullpen last season ie Morales Bailey.

Pitching is the first thing to look at and go out and find a good batting coach now with Madagan departure to Texas.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bay looks like a shot ball player.  For whatever reason , he seems totally washed up. 

[/QUOTE]

Lack of confidence is my guess. Its possible he could turn it around in a place where he once saw success. I think he is worth a look next year on a minor league deal. Its not as if there is a lot of risk in doing that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

None.

[/QUOTE]

Did u use any baseball brains to make a post or are you just sentimental? "win-win" ?  ROFL

[/QUOTE]

I would say (as has been said before) that 50% of Bay's problem is half mental.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

None.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Run along and let the adults talk, Skippy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

He hit 39 HRs for us and we let him go, and I still say that players perform better when they are where they want to be.

Bay loved the Sox and he didn't want to leave. Take a chance with him. We've got nothing to lose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The Sox would have nothing to lose offering him a minor-league deal with an invitation to spring training, but personally, I think he's washed up. I think he's a pre-PED-type player who was great in his 20s then turns 30 starts getting injured and goes down hill quickly.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Mets (the team with the ownership on the brink of bankruptcy) are willing to pay Bay $21 million to take his stink and leave..........................why the F would anyone in the Sox organization even give 2 seconds of thought to the notion of signing Bay to anything.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Mets (the team with the ownership on the brink of bankruptcy) are will to pay Bay $21 million to take his stink and leave..........................why the F would anyone in the Sox organization even give 2 seconds of thought to the notion of signing Bay to anything.

[/QUOTE]

because 50k is worth the slim chance that bay has some left in the tank. who cares.. if it works out GREAT. if not, oh well. victimless crime

plus, i might be able to see him when the pawsox come to town

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Mets (the team with the ownership on the brink of bankruptcy) are will to pay Bay $21 million to take his stink and leave..........................why the F would anyone in the Sox organization even give 2 seconds of thought to the notion of signing Bay to anything.

[/QUOTE]

because 50k is worth the slim chance that bay has some left in the tank. who cares.. if it works out GREAT. if not, oh well. victimless crime

[/QUOTE]

Would you buy a used Kleenex because you can get it for 2 cents?  Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it has value.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would you buy a used Kleenex because you can get it for 2 cents?  Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it has value.  

[/QUOTE]

poor comparison.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Poorer response.  Here I'll make it easy for you and anyone with your view on the subject.  Cheap doesn't equal value.  Jason Bay is done as a baseball player.  There is no way the Red Sox would ever offer anything for him, weather you may think it's a good idea or not.  It's not happening because smart people are running the organization not layman like yourself and I say that as respectfully as I can.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

Poorer response.  Here I'll make it easy for you and anyone with your view on the subject.  Cheap doesn't equal value.  Jason Bay is done as a baseball player.  There is no way the Red Sox would ever offer anything for him, weather you may think it's a good idea or not.  It's not happening because smart people are running the organization not layman like yourself and I say that as respectfully as I can.

[/QUOTE]

you could have made the same post last offseason but subbed out "j-bay" for Aaron Cook and "baseball player" for pitcher. and yet there he was..

i'm not saying hes going to be valuable. i'm just saying there is virtually no risk and a small chance for reward. If i offered you a free lotto ticket would you take it? its no risk for you but you could end up winning big.

Sections
Shortcuts