1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Jason Collins

That is a brave, stand-up guy right there.  I know there will be some reactionary backlash right here on our esteemed board.  So, thought I would beat y'all to the punch and say:  Much power to J. Collins.  Someone needed to do it, and it took courage and fortitude.  I toast to this man.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Jason Collins

In response to softlaw2's comment:

That is a brave, stand-up guy right there

In your opinion you provide zero detials to support it. Nothing "brave and stand-up" about what amounts to a political campaign on the issue of physical sexual identity vs. public pronouncements on the issue of sexual proclivity and sexual behavior.

The societal narrative is intellectually childish, with "coming out and gay" from the megaphone of the current federal social engineer. The central governement now wants to make policy on issues of sexual behavior, at the same time as they get angrily indignant over abortion as a birth control measure on the intellecutally childish claim of "penumbra and privacy. Intellecutal fraud is self evident.  

Intellectual fraud IS self-evident.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

That is a brave, stand-up guy right there.  I know there will be some reactionary backlash right here on our esteemed board.  So, thought I would beat y'all to the punch and say:  Much power to J. Collins.  Someone needed to do it, and it took courage and fortitude.  I toast to this man.

I thought the same thing, when I read it, space. Good for him and the gay community.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

I thought the same thing, when I read it, space. Good for him and the gay community.

It's no big deal . Why should we make it so. He didn't have to say anything. Everyone open their closet tomorrow and spred the joy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Courage would be for an NBA player to say that he's happily married to 5 different women, and not to judge him and be bigoted. Courage would be for an NBA player to say that he wants to marry his first cousin but the State he lives in won't allow it.

Go for it man.  Let it all out.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Courage would be for an NBA player to say that he's happily married to 5 different women, and not to judge him and be bigoted. Courage would be for an NBA player to say that he wants to marry his first cousin but the State he lives in won't allow it.

In Japan and Korea, it is legal to marry one's first cousin although I would never marry mine.   LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Took some guts for a pro athlete to come out while still an active player. But gladly attitudes have changed enough so that he will find plenty of support. I think his actions will help those who still live in fear of being ostracized and bullied for something that really has little bearing on an individual's character.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i didnt realize collins was still playing....thats pretty cool, but he's hardly a name that everyone knows - in this spirit I am going to out Derek Jeter and Eli Manning as Gay...for humanity's sake...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Here we go again.......

Well 67, here's your chance to show that new tolerant tone you were railing about last night...........  Let's hope you're a man of your word!!?!??!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Let's hope more in all sports realize that being gay is not a bad thing or at least should not be considered as such.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I agree Space: he is a brave man. I hope he will soon have company so he doesn't have to stand alone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

That is a brave, stand-up guy right there

In your opinion you provide zero detials to support it. Nothing "brave and stand-up" about what amounts to a political campaign on the issue of physical sexual identity vs. public pronouncements on the issue of sexual proclivity and sexual behavior.

The societal narrative is intellectually childish, with "coming out and gay" from the megaphone of the current federal social engineer. The central governement now wants to make policy on issues of sexual behavior, at the same time as they get angrily indignant over abortion as a birth control measure on the intellecutally childish claim of "penumbra and privacy. Intellecutal fraud is self evident.  

Gee Softy: I thought it was the responsibility of the federal government to protect the rights of oppressed minority groups. Or maybe you think gay folks wake up one day and decide voluntarily to become that way. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt since you did not explicitly make a bigoted statement yet.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i didnt realize collins was still playing....thats pretty cool, but he's hardly a name that everyone knows - in this spirit I am going to out Derek Jeter and Eli Manning as Gay...for humanity's sake...

Seriously, man?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I'm not sure why someone needed to do it.These guys are payed to entertain us not to tell us what they do behind closed doors.

Some belive in polygamy so if  a public figure has 4 wives should we stand up and applaud him also?

Some like oritz are getting divorced and we are asked to give them privacy yet we applaud those who tell us about their private lives.  Don't think so.

Do we need to know if they are cross dressers or are planning gender change operations. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I'm not sure why someone needed to do it.These guys are payed to entertain us not to tell us what they do behind closed doors.

Some belive in polygamy so if a a public figure has 4 wives should we stand up and applaud them also?

Some like oritz are getting divorced and we are asked to give them privacy yet we applaud those who tell us about their private lives.  Don't think so.

I will tell you why: because there are still kids in the closet in this country being told that the way they are is unacceptable and inferior. Because the suicide rate among gay kids is several times higher than straight kids. Because homophobia is the last bastion of socially acceptable bigotry in this country. If Collins admitting he is gay gives strength and solace to a single gay teenager in this country then it was worth it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

One day it won't be a big deal when a player or person comes out as being gay.  Good for Collins, I hope he inspires every professional gay athlete. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What this guy wants to do in his private life is his business. But for ESPN to dedicate the first 20 minutes of SC tonight to this guy's sex life is assinine.