1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Jason Collins

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

That is a brave, stand-up guy right there.  I know there will be some reactionary backlash right here on our esteemed board.  So, thought I would beat y'all to the punch and say:  Much power to J. Collins.  Someone needed to do it, and it took courage and fortitude.  I toast to this man.

I'm not sure why someone needed to do it.These guys are payed to entertain us not to tell us what they do behind closed doors.

Some belive in polygamy so if a a public figure has 4 wives should we stand up and applaud them also?

Some like oritz are getting divorced and we are asked to give them privacy yet we applaud those who tell us about their private lives.  Don't think so.

Good point 67.  Actually, given your past inflamatory statements on the subject, I must applaud you on this new civil tone.  Well done!

While we're at it, could we please have guys like Tebow stop proselytizing to us!  These guys are paid to entertain us with their sports acumen, not shove their religion down our throats!  Do we really want guys preaching to us about the Wicca religion?  Islam?  Buddhism?  The Bahai faith?  Or....   god forbid......  Christianity!  Stop talking to us about your lifestyle choices boys!  shut up & play ball!!! 

I think 67 has it about right this time!   ;)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

dirtdog u have brought up 67's past posts on the subject of gay marriage or homosexuality in general at least 6 times in the past 2 days.  if he has toned it down to your liking why don't u just shut up about it?

To quote a pretty good Boston movie....  "I was being Ironical :)"

You get pretty worked up about people mocking the likes of Stiffy, Bill-69, & 67.  Your exasperation as to perseverant posting seems limited to those who mock their perseverant posting?  Sounds like selective outrage to me? 

Where was your outrage as to Stiffy once again 'jumping on' anything having to do with issues related to Adam and Steve.  This issue is exactly what earned Softy the new nickname Stiffy.  I guess it bothers you more when folks respond to their less than subtle bigotry, than their actual bigotry itself?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Personally I don't get the "I am gay and I am black" stuff. He has found unanimous support from the friends, teammates, and fans. The fact people feel the need to act like it is a big deal is beyond me.

I have gay friends, gay clients, gay hairdresser, and have been to gay bars several times .... who in the heck cares if he is gay, or black. Why are these such hot points for a few people and they get presented like we all should care.  

Obviously I like softlaw the baseball poster.... but I do not support his views on gay marriage... in this thread I read about one line of his first post, new where he was going with it, and I skipped over it and every other post he made in the thread.

For what it's worth....

If this is the original Burrito???  I respect your opinion.  Sometimes.... ok....  more often than not... I can't help tweaking the ignorant.  Just my thing.  I get that it can get obnoxious, but I'd think folks would be a bit more concerned with the "musings" / flat out bigotry of the likes of Stiffy & Co., as opposed to the wowefully stupid Pike conspiracy theory of feigned provocateur, than being upset with someone who mocks said ignorance & bigotry???

Yeh yeh yeh Pikey / Don Quixote....  we all heard your conspiracy theory.  You're not much of a judge of character, as you often have trouble keeping up with all your 'personalities / aliases.'

Go to sleep now Pikey & count windmills.....  ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Personally, I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body...

Does this mean 'I've come out'?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

That is a brave, stand-up guy right there.  I know there will be some reactionary backlash right here on our esteemed board.  So, thought I would beat y'all to the punch and say:  Much power to J. Collins.  Someone needed to do it, and it took courage and fortitude.  I toast to this man.

I'm not sure why someone needed to do it.These guys are payed to entertain us not to tell us what they do behind closed doors.

Some belive in polygamy so if  a public figure has 4 wives should we stand up and applaud him also?

Some like oritz are getting divorced and we are asked to give them privacy yet we applaud those who tell us about their private lives.  Don't think so.

Do we need to know if they are cross dressers or are planning gender change operations. 

This is not about what he does behind closed doors.  He said he was gay.  He didn't disclose the details of his affairs.  Saying that he's gay gives him and others the comfort of sharing basic information about themselves that most of us take for granted.  If he's dating or married, he can introduce his boyfriend or husband to others.  If he doesn't want to accompany his teammates in certain social situations, they'll understand.  

I had a good friend as a teenager who came out of the closet in college.  He was unhappy and uptight before he came out.  He was able to be himself afterwards and no longer had to pretend.  It had been an incredible burden for him to carry around.  

Someone being gay seems to be your problem, not theirs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

That is a brave, stand-up guy right there

In your opinion you provide zero detials to support it. Nothing "brave and stand-up" about what amounts to a political campaign on the issue of physical sexual identity vs. public pronouncements on the issue of sexual proclivity and sexual behavior.

The societal narrative is intellectually childish, with "coming out and gay" from the megaphone of the current federal social engineer. The central governement now wants to make policy on issues of sexual behavior, at the same time as they get angrily indignant over abortion as a birth control measure on the intellecutally childish claim of "penumbra and privacy. Intellecutal fraud is self evident.  

Gee Softy: I thought it was the responsibility of the federal government to protect the rights of oppressed minority groups. Or maybe you think gay folks wake up one day and decide voluntarily to become that way. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt since you did not explicitly make a bigoted statement yet.

i'm thinking that ms softy woke up one day and decided to be an A-WHOLE.

I don't think he had choice. 

-Daf. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to DaffyDan's comment:

In your opinion you provide zero detials to support it. Nothing "brave and stand-up" about what amounts to a political campaign on the issue of physical sexual identity vs. public pronouncements on the issue of sexual proclivity and sexual behavior.

The societal narrative is intellectually childish, with "coming out and gay" from the megaphone of the current federal social engineer. The central governement now wants to make policy on issues of sexual behavior, at the same time as they get angrily indignant over abortion as a birth control measure on the intellecutally childish claim of "penumbra and privacy. Intellecutal fraud is self evident.  

Gee Softy: I thought it was the responsibility of the federal government to protect the rights of oppressed minority groups. Or maybe you think gay folks wake up one day and decide voluntarily to become that way. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt since you did not explicitly make a bigoted statement yet.

i'm thinking that ms softy woke up one day and decided to be an A-WHOLE.

I don't think he had choice. 

-Daf. 

It would lighten his load if he came out of the closet and admitted it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Shocking

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I know he was invited to Fenway, but I missed whether he'd be pitching or catching ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Some belive in polygamy so if a a public figure has 4 wives should we stand up and applaud them also?

I will tell you why: because there are still kids in the closet in this country being told that the way they are is unacceptable and inferior. Because the suicide rate among gay kids is several times higher than straight kids. Because homophobia is the last bastion of socially acceptable bigotry in this country. If Collins admitting he is gay gives strength and solace to a single gay teenager in this country then it was worth it.

+1   well stated!

I second that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Here we go again.......

Well 67, here's your chance to show that new tolerant tone you were railing about last night...........  Let's hope you're a man of your word!!?!??!

well, um, actually dirtdog, 67's a lady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I admit I know nothing about baseball the NBA

but I heard he's an FA at the end of his career

did he just trap the NBA into making sure he gets another contract

I'm sorry did I just drivel

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Much power to J. Collins. Someone needed to do it, and it took courage and fortitude. I toast to this man.

Supra, is intellectual fruad and emotional blather.

Even with the current political and cultural climate, it took the same political prop and artifice as those letters from kids, which were nothing more than the words of adults who educate the kids and use them as props.

Woah....woah....woah....WOAH!!!!   Didn't you say a few weeks ago to Bill "Love you to death Bill"?????  You really do have no idea about your thoughts and opinions!!  you flip flop like a fish out of water!!  I hope somebody tells Bill.....

At any rate......  I can't wait for the day when this becomes a non-story.  It's 2013 for crying out loud....this SHOULD be a non-story....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I am very imprssed.

For Collins to stand tall, face the nation, and proudly admit that he plays for the WASHINGTON WIZARDS!

That takes guts!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I will tell you why: because there are still kids in the closet in this country being told that the way they are is unacceptable and inferior. Because the suicide rate among gay kids is several times higher than straight kids. Because homophobia is the last bastion of socially acceptable bigotry in this country. If Collins admitting he is gay gives strength and solace to a single gay teenager in this country then it was worth it.

+1   well stated!

I second that.

+3

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Took some guts for a pro athlete to come out while still an active player. But gladly attitudes have changed enough so that he will find plenty of support. I think his actions will help those who still live in fear of being ostracized and bullied for something that really has little bearing on an individual's character.

You provide zero moral authority for your opinion. As for bullying and being ostracized, the reality is that anyone who states an opinion or tenet that same-sex sexual proclivity doesn't make same-sex sexual behavior moral is currently being bullied and ostracized "for something that has great bearing on an individual's character".

It takes audacity to use "gay" and "coming out" when engaging in a narrative on sexual proclivity vs. sexual identity.

I've never had anyone bandying "gay", define it, in the current context it's being chilishly used to dictate a narrative and advance a policital agenda on the issue of same-sex sexual proclivity, behavior and body politic licensed relationships.

Those advancing the narrative do not want to discuss the issue on an intellectual level, much less a moral authority basis.

Remember when you said to Bill "Love you to death Bill"??  ........that was awesome. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Took some guts for a pro athlete to come out while still an active player. But gladly attitudes have changed enough so that he will find plenty of support. I think his actions will help those who still live in fear of being ostracized and bullied for something that really has little bearing on an individual's character.

You provide zero moral authority for your opinion. As for bullying and being ostracized, the reality is that anyone who states an opinion or tenet that same-sex sexual proclivity doesn't make same-sex sexual behavior moral is currently being bullied and ostracized "for something that has great bearing on an individual's character".

It takes audacity to use "gay" and "coming out" when engaging in a narrative on sexual proclivity vs. sexual identity.

I've never had anyone bandying "gay", define it, in the current context it's being chilishly used to dictate a narrative and advance a policital agenda on the issue of same-sex sexual proclivity, behavior and body politic licensed relationships.

Those advancing the narrative do not want to discuss the issue on an intellectual level, much less a moral authority basis.

I want to discuss the issue on an intellectual level.  Would love to.  

Gay=homosexual. 

Moral authority: the golden rule.

Political agenda?  Political agendas, in a democratic society, are often (and should always be) born out of society's calls for change/justice.  We raise our voices with opposing views.  This is good.  This 'political agenda' is manifest because so many people, like myself, cry for justice, equality and love.  We see homosexuality as having no inherently negative power (in my personal view, it is a postive, natural and much-needed power in our world). 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Who has moral authority on anything? This is not a moral issue.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts