JASON VARITEK HOLDS THE KEY........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JASON VARITEK HOLDS THE KEY........

TO DICE-MAN & JOSH BECKETT.......   THAT WILL WORK OUT JUST FINE WHILE WE ARE TRYING TO DETERMINE "SALTY'S" PLACE WITH THIS TEAM !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: JASON VARITEK HOLDS THE KEY........

In Response to JASON VARITEK HOLDS THE KEY........:
    [QUOTE]   TO DICE-MAN & JOSH BECKETT.......   THAT WILL WORK OUT JUST FINE WHILE WE ARE TRYING TO DETERMINE "SALTY'S" PLACE WITH THIS TEAM !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

A catcher's relevant? I thought that only applied to V-Mart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JesuswearsPinstripes. Show JesuswearsPinstripes's posts

Ya gotta love his .063 BA!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: JASON VARITEK HOLDS THE KEY........:
    [QUOTE]Ya gotta love his .063 BA!!
    Posted by JesuswearsPinstripes[/QUOTE]

As opposed to Salty's whopping .182?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How about play Tek and have Ortiz be his DH and allow the pitchers to hit for themselves.  Are you telling me that Beckett couldn't bat higher than .063??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, I GUESS THIS BOARD NOW KNOWS THAT YOU CALLED THIS BACK ON 4/19.... TITO IS NOW ON BOARD WITH THIS TOO....SALTY, COULD BE SLIP SLIDING AWAY" !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Red Sox are now 23-11 in Varitek's last 34 starts.  That's .676 baseball, not bad. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox are now 23-11 in Varitek's last 34 starts.  That's .676 baseball, not bad. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Yes, but is Varitek the primary factor behind that record, or is it coincidental?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JASON VARITEK HOLDS THE KEY........ : Yes, but is Varitek the primary factor behind that record, or is it coincidental?
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

Haha, of course I can't say for sure that he is.  OTOH I don't think anyone can prove that he isn't. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It's simply a comfort issue with the staff, it's not that Varitek is any good.
    What the RS need to do is have a bunch of latex masks of Varitek's mug made up, for anyone else who catches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]It's simply a comfort issue with the staff, it's not that Varitek is any good. What the RS need to do is have a bunch of latex masks of Varitek's mug made up, for anyone else who catches.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

No of course, and all the opinions to the contrary from current and former players, actual credible sources, should be dismissed as hogwash.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JASON VARITEK HOLDS THE KEY........ : As opposed to Salty's whopping .182?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]  SPACEMAN........  WE ARE ON VERY THIN ICE BEHIND THE PLATE.........  THEO & I ARE WORKING HARD TO BRING "CHANGE" BEHIND THE PLATE !!!    KEEP YOU POSTED !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

To several apartments in different cities, a la Tiger Woods.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

I'm in a monority who believes that we should carry a third catcher so we can pinch hit for Varitek in the late innings if need be.  Face it, while the guy has been very helpful to our starting pitchers and may be the reason they have done so well, we cannot overlook the fact that he is totally useless at the plate.  My idea would be to pick up a third catcher and release Wakefield who we must sadly admit is taking up a roster spot and can no longer to out there and and not embarrass himself an cause his team great harm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I've always believed that it was better to carry another catcher than to carry Wakefield, if they weren't going to replace Wakefield with at least a marginal lefty pen arm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ANOTHER GOOD JOB LAST NIGHT WITH THE "DICE-MAN"   !!!  KEEP IT GOING !!