Jays about to acquire my boy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Jays about to acquire my boy

Josh Johnson. Could be a blockbuster.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/blue-jays-close-to-acquiring-josh-johnson.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Re: Jays about to acquire my boy

Wow! Just saw this too. Can't believe that the Sox can't put together a better offer than the Jays'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

SALARY DUMP!  Wouldn't mind having Reyes and Johnson although Josh Johnson will be a free Agent after next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

The prospects offered by the Jays are their 5, 6, and 10 according to fan graphs. A comparable Sox offer would be Doubront, Iglesias, Brentz, Owens, and Marrero...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:

The prospects offered by the Jays are their 5, 6, and 10 according to fan graphs. A comparable Sox offer would be Doubront, Iglesias, Brentz, Owens, and Marrero...

I like Josh Johnson, but not enough to take on Beuhrle and Reyes...total salary dump...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I don't get the fascination with Josh Johnson. He's been very inconsistent over the course of his career. He has the ability to be a very good pitcher, but he doesn't seem to put it all together consistently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from smuldy84. Show smuldy84's posts

It is Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes and Buck headed to Jays for scraps. Question for everyone: should Sox appear like last place team will you watch? Will you buy tickets? I won't do either until these owners sell if that payroll is one dime under $179m next year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

So glad Young Ben is at the wheel of the Red Sox. While this is going on between Toronto and the Marlins, who is Ben picking up, a backup catcher ?  Come on whats going on here. Forget it I know, cheap low tier free agents and scrap heap guys with a high end potential. Toronto is not a wealthy team either like we are. The Blue Jays see an opportunity here with the Yankees getting old and the Red Sox in chaos, they have a real shot here in 2013.

If this team goes into the season with Mauro Gonzalez, Jerry Sands at first base next year and Iglesias at shortstop, then the message is to do it on the cheap and we might as well roll out the white flag for 2013. The writing is on the wall for 2013 with all the money Henry pocketed at the end of the season and now he is closing his investment firm in Florida. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I don't get the fascination with Josh Johnson. He's been very inconsistent over the course of his career. He has the ability to be a very good pitcher, but he doesn't seem to put it all together consistently.

This trade should make Toronto better next year, but it could also turn them into the Mets....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Let the whining begin...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from smuldy84. Show smuldy84's posts

Well its not like the Red Sox went into the offseason needing Starting pitching a shortstop or a backup catcher. 

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

This trade should make Toronto better next year, but it could also turn them into the Mets....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Its a good deal for Toronto, and they just shot passed us if it goes down.

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Let the whining begin...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

AA: We'll take on Reyes AND Buerhle too if you just give us JJ. We'll also give you Hechevarria and Alvarez, too.

Loria: ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

REMIND YOU OF SOMETHING?

Colletti: We'll take on Beckett AND Crawford if you just give us A-Gon. We'll also give you De La Rosa and Webster.

Cherry: ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

THE MARLINS ARE THE NEW RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Let the whining begin...

Last I checked, it's still November.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

The Jays may be good next year, but not in the long term IF it goes through. Morosi is now reporting that the MLB is going to take a loooooooong look at the trade and may pull off a Stern on Toronto and Miami. The megadeal completely ruins the Marlin's income and revenue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Toronto is taking a huge gamble on this potential blockbuster.  

If this trade goes through, then the AL East will be more competitive than the Ivy League schools.  LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Wow. Just wow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from smuldy84. Show smuldy84's posts

Exactly. Except Reyes is a young leadoff hitting shortstop, Josh Johnson is a prime years ace pitcher, and Buehrle is well Buehrle. Crawford was an aging left fielder with 0 power owed more money, Beckett was an aging former ace owed more money, and the Marlins didn't get a DeLaRosa back. Otherwise exactly like that.

In response to bgomez's comment:

AA: We'll take on Reyes AND Buerhle too if you just give us JJ. We'll also give you Hechevarria and Alvarez, too.

REMIND YOU OF SOMETHING?

Colletti: We'll take on Beckett AND Crawford if you just give us A-Gon. We'll also give you De La Rosa and Webster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

WEEI confirmed it went down, nice deal for the Blue Jays. Makes Ben look like a babe in the woods    and out of his element. I think Napoli will end up with the Yankees. Ben is looking to dump Saltalamachia before he heads into big money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from smuldy84. Show smuldy84's posts

WEEI confirmed it went down, nice deal for the Blue Jays. Makes Ben look like a babe in the woods    and out of his element. I think Napoli will end up with the Yankees. Ben is looking to dump Saltalamachia before he heads into big money.

But now the Jays have better catching to deal with Buck coming on board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

In response to smuldy84's comment:

Exactly. Except Reyes is a young leadoff hitting shortstop, Josh Johnson is a prime years ace pitcher, and Buehrle is well Buehrle. Crawford was an aging left fielder with 0 power owed more money, Beckett was an aging former ace owed more money, and the Marlins didn't get a DeLaRosa back. Otherwise exactly like that.

REMIND YOU OF SOMETHING?

Johnson is not an ace, but a solid #2-3. He is the A-Gon of this deal. Reyes is young and fast, but he is not what he used to be. The same can be said about Crawford. Buerhle is an aging, expensive starter in his decline. He is basically an older Beckett. This is a copycat trade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

shhh, young ben is sleeping...he's all tuckered out from his deadline deal with papi...that was soooo grueling.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Let the whining begin...

Last I checked, it's still November.

And a GM with a lousy track record in Young Ben and all the great pickups he made last year. Not too cofident in him at all or whoever is calling the shots, probably Larry Luchinno. With what the Red Sox want to pay a pitcher, no number 1 ace is walking through our door. Josh Johnson would have been a great pickup.for next year. The Red Sox are starting to remind me of the Dan Duquette early years when they were in on everything and did nothing with free agents until 2001 when they missed out on Mussina and went after Manny Ramirez.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from smuldy84. Show smuldy84's posts

Reyes is much more valuable than Crawford simply because he plays a speed valued position, bats leadoff and is younger. Buehrle and Beckett are similar players. An all star starter is far more valuable than an all star first baseman. And the return Toronto gave up is less than what the Dodgers gave. Furthermore none of these players have been malcontents at any point. The only text message they sent to ownership was for thanking them for shipping them off a terrible team. Then again, Henry might be getting another text from AGon tonight saying the same thing.

If anything the Red Sox are the new Marlins. That trade only looked good because we assumed they would reinvest that money. Looks like they fleeced us. Hope everyone enjoys their $100 Fenway brick.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Johnson is not an ace, but a solid #2-3. He is the A-Gon of this deal. Reyes is young and fast, but he is not what he used to be. The same can be said about Crawford. Buerhle is an aging, expensive starter in his decline. He is basically an older Beckett. This is a copycat trade.

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Reyes is much more valuable than Crawford simply because he plays a speed valued position, bats leadoff and is younger. Buhrle and Beckett are similar players. An all star starter is far more valuable than an all star first baseman. And the return Toronto gave up is less than what the Dodgers gave. Furthermore none of these players have been malcontents at any point. The only text message they sent to ownership was for thanking them for shipping them off a terrible team. Then again, Henry might be getting another text from AGon tonight saying the same thing.

REMIND YOU OF SOMETHING?

No. They gave up one of the best young shortstop prospects in the game in Hechevarria, as well as Escobar. They also gave up arguably their best pitching prospect, in Alvarez. IN ADDITION TO THEIR CATCHER ARENCIBIA. They gave up MUCH more. Sure, what we got from the Dodgers was fine, but this is like mortgaging the farm.

Sections
Shortcuts