Jays about to acquire my boy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Jays about to acquire my boy

Oh they invested it all lright right into Henry's pocket. Now watch Torri Hunter go to the Tigers, the Yankees will get Napoli, and LaRoche will sign with the Nationals, while Ben gets Larry's coffee and polishes his boots too.

In response to smuldy84's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reyes is much more valuable than Crawford simply because he plays a speed valued position, bats leadoff and is younger. Buehrle and Beckett are similar players. An all star starter is far more valuable than an all star first baseman. And the return Toronto gave up is less than what the Dodgers gave. Furthermore none of these players have been malcontents at any point. The only text message they sent to ownership was for thanking them for shipping them off a terrible team. Then again, Henry might be getting another text from AGon tonight saying the same thing.

If anything the Red Sox are the new Marlins. That trade only looked good because we assumed they would reinvest that money. Looks like they fleeced us. Hope everyone enjoys their $100 Fenway brick.

THE MARLINS ARE THE NEW RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Johnson is not an ace, but a solid #2-3. He is the A-Gon of this deal. Reyes is young and fast, but he is not what he used to be. The same can be said about Crawford. Buerhle is an aging, expensive starter in his decline. He is basically an older Beckett. This is a copycat trade.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

our GM should be focusing on a pitcher..a quality starter - like johnson...this hurts....this is not rocket science..trade for one like the jays just did, or sign grienke....we have the money Ben - just man up and do it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smuldy84. Show smuldy84's posts

Escobar of the eyeblack. Hechavarria of the .303 obp in AA (think Iglesias can''t hit wait til you see this guy!). Alvarez of the low 90s fastball and sinkerball with a 1.44whip and minor league ERA of 4.02 and major league ERA of 4.52 in 41 games (below Dubront on all counts). Only difference is he is 22. Would take RDL over Alvarez without thinking. Probably take Webster too.  Arencibia is Salty. No on base, plus power, horrific k rate, and borderline denfense. Would hardly call that mortgaging the future. The Marlins targeted these guys cause they are all Cuban. This is no winfall.

In response to bgomez's comment:
    [QUOTE].

[/QUOTE]

No. They gave up one of the best young shortstop prospects in the game in Hechevarria, as well as Escobar. They also gave up arguably their best pitching prospect, in Alvarez. IN ADDITION TO THEIR CATCHER ARENCIBIA. They gave up MUCH more. Sure, what we got from the Dodgers was fine, but this is like mortgaging the farm.

[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smuldy84. Show smuldy84's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh they invested it all lright right into Henry's pocket. Now watch Torri Hunter go to the Tigers, the Yankees will get Napoli, and LaRoche will sign with the Nationals, while Ben gets Larry's coffee and polishes his boots too.

[QUOTE]

exactly

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If you take a look, Blue Jays got more experience and often injure proned players in return while Marlins got alot of young talent players in return.  So who really won the trade, probably both teams did.

Dont cry over this deal.  Every guys that Blue Jays got except Buck are all making over 15 millions dollars a year.  They are all way over=paid!!

Boston can just sign three free agents just for 12 million dollars a year or less for each one!!

Boston will be fine.  Right now Yankees, Rays, and Orioles have not got any better. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Looks like the Sox are reluctant to make bold moves. Once burned , twice shy.  Ben will keep adding a slew of ham and eggers, hoping to get lucky , while the competition improves.  Apparently , many on here are fine with that .  We can always wait for the " kids " to come up and save the day.  It will be a long wait , folks.  Enjoy the new , penny pinching , small market , Boston Red Sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Congrats to the Jays---that was a great trade--no manager--who cares--take what the GM gives you. That was a gutsy move--it will force the issue--this may even move them up to #2 in the AL East--good job AA----Are you there Ben, are you watching LL---I hope you learn from the competition. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In August the Red Sox traded away three former All Stars and Nick Punto in a salary dump. Today the Miami Marlins apparently traded away four former All Stars and Emilio Bonifacio in a salary dump.

Wow.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Exactly. Except Reyes is a young leadoff hitting shortstop, Josh Johnson is a prime years ace pitcher, and Buehrle is well Buehrle. Crawford was an aging left fielder with 0 power owed more money, Beckett was an aging former ace owed more money, and the Marlins didn't get a DeLaRosa back. Otherwise exactly like that.

[QUOTE]

AA: We'll take on Reyes AND Buerhle too if you just give us JJ. We'll also give you Hechevarria and Alvarez, too.

Loria: ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

REMIND YOU OF SOMETHING?

Colletti: We'll take on Beckett AND Crawford if you just give us A-Gon. We'll also give you De La Rosa and Webster.

Cherry: ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Johnson is not an ace, but a solid #2-3. He is the A-Gon of this deal. Reyes is young and fast, but he is not what he used to be. The same can be said about Crawford. Buerhle is an aging, expensive starter in his decline. He is basically an older Beckett. This is a copycat trade.

[/QUOTE]

Except two things

1.  the Jays gave up waaaaaaaay more than the Dodgerrs did and

2. Johnson, unlike AGon, has only one year left on his contract...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Congrats to the Jays---that was a great trade--no manager--who cares--take what the GM gives you. That was a gutsy move--it will force the issue--this may even move them up to #2 in the AL East--good job AA----Are you there Ben, are you watching LL---I hope you learn from the competition. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

The WORST thing BC could do is go right out and make a crazy deal to top this. that is whats called a reactionary move, and usually a bad choice.

He had his big deal back in August. Now the plan is to be smart and not do what a lot of folks here are looking for...A "Big Splash"...

The Jays got an overpriced SS, and pitcher whos oft injured and only for 1 year and another pitcher who paid a lot for the backend of his career. This was more for publicity for the jays to get fans to the stadium.

Sections
Shortcuts