JBJ b LOVELACING.. methinks he b sent down, AGREE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

JBJ b LOVELACING.. methinks he b sent down, AGREE?

JBJ HAS shown flashes but has ZERO pop in his bat right now. may b what he is after all, a slap hitting guy with a good eye who gives great effort and D. but right now we need to return the vets to their roles once vic comes back. though last week that JB had played his self into permanence a la boegy but he's back to tethering. one mo round in the minors may do the trick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: JBJ b LOVELACING.. methinks he b sent down, AGREE?

ESPN.com carries DWAR stats and right now ranks Bradley the best fielding outfielder in MLB.  More amazing is he is among Sox leaders in RBIs and runs despite low OPS.  Tough call for Farrell and Ben C  but someone has to go.  I think he stays because Sizemore has lost a step or two in CF and Vic is best in RF.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

he is still batting .400 w/ risp. he is 6-15. b4 last night's game the rest of the team was 18-110 or .164 average w/risp

q

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

This board , still is not working !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bradley is not going anywhere..... Ben will need to get creative with the outfield & 3rd base too !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

JBJ belongs.  I'd say stick with him; his offense will get more consistent, and his defense is already making a difference in CF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Historically the Sox have played winning baseball when they were hitting regardless of their defense.  And right now, with the pitching as good as it is, it is clear the problems are mostly with the hitting.  

What keeps Bradley's hopes alive when Victorino returns is that Carp, Nava, and Gomes all have OPS's under .700 and Nava's is under .600, so Bradley's .642 OPS, bad as it is, is comparatively competitive. 

Ironically, it may prove that good hitting by both Sizemore, who a month ago was Bradley's chief competitor for the CF job, and Victorino, who also can play CF, is what will make Bradley's good field no hit situation affordable.  As others have said, bat him 9th and hope he doesn't hurt the offense too much. 

So too the return of Middlebrooks, assuming he is hitting, could help Bradley's cause. 

Let us not forget, however, that last year Iglesias was traded to the Tiger for a middle starter, Peavy, despite having demonstrated brilliant fielding at both 3B and SS.  The Sox feared his weak hitting.  Plus they had in Drew a decent hitter who was having a great year in the field at SS--very dependable if not flashy.  But look what happened in the offseason and is still going on--Drew and Iglesias are both gone in large part because Ben C is banking on a getting a low cost, good hitting right side of the infield in Middlebrooks and Bogaerts, neither of whom would be confused with someone having gold glove potential. 

Hitting isn't everything, but it almost is. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This board , still is not working !!

[/QUOTE]

You're right Bill the posting is not working--it's not much fun posting something clean and having it disappear.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ESPN.com carries DWAR stats and right now ranks Bradley the best fielding outfielder in MLB.  More amazing is he is among Sox leaders in RBIs and runs despite low OPS.  Tough call for Farrell and Ben C  but someone has to go.  I think he stays because Sizemore has lost a step or two in CF and Vic is best in RF.  

[/QUOTE]

When Vic comes back, probably next Tue, Bradley will go back to Pawtucket for several reasons. First, and most importantly, if he stays then one of Carp/Gomes/Nava has to be let go. There is not enough time to trade them, and such trades are rarely made in April. Bradley will be back when a trade is worked out. Second reason: Bradley has yet to show that he can hit ML pitching; all three other OF, while not nearly as good defensively, have all proven an ability to hit the baseball. A line of .227/.642/73 is just not good enough, despite his stellar defense.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

JBJ put up a .876 OPS in the minors. And he hit 13 HR's last year.  He will have some decent pop, not great but decent, and he will draw a lot of walks too.  Package that up with his ELITE TOP defense and it equates to a good player. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lets not get too judgemental on 15 games as well.  JBJ has looked much better at the plate, and has shown a very good approach at the plate.  He has the ethic and the tools to round out to a good above average hitter.  And I think at times he has shown that this year, he has had some good at bats and some clutch hits. 

If we can get him and Bradley going....watch out!.  I don't care what their record is at some point Pedey, Ortiz, Napoli and Nava are going to produce more than what they are now.  And if you can add the rookies into the mix then there is no reason why we can't be as good as last year.   I'm not going to freak out after 15 games...I still think this team can be a very good team this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When Vic comes back, probably next Tue, Bradley will go back to Pawtucket for several reasons. First, and most importantly, if he stays then one of Carp/Gomes/Nava has to be let go. There is not enough time to trade them, and such trades are rarely made in April. Bradley will be back when a trade is worked out. Second reason: Bradley has yet to show that he can hit ML pitching; all three other OF, while not nearly as good defensively, have all proven an ability to hit the baseball. A line of .227/.642/73 is just not good enough, despite his stellar defense.

[/QUOTE]
    So we watch balls go over outfielder's heads or dropping in front of OF's.  Whatever happened to "Solid Up The Middle"?  Replacing JBJ (who right now is THE BEST OF'r IN BASEBALL) with anyone only further weakens the "up the midddle" defense.  

IMO it's a lousy choice but were I making the choice I wouldn't go all-out either way.  I'd keep Bogearts at SS for his hitting and JBJ in CF for his defense.  This would allow both of these guys to play to their strength and while they're doing that we can allow them to improve on what's now their weakness.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to S5's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    So we watch balls go over outfielder's heads or dropping in front of OF's.  Whatever happened to "Solid Up The Middle"?  Replacing JBJ (who right now is THE BEST OF'r IN BASEBALL) with anyone only further weakens the "up the midddle" defense.  

IMO it's a lousy choice but were I making the choice I wouldn't go all-out either way.  I'd keep Bogearts at SS for his hitting and JBJ in CF for his defense.  This would allow both of these guys to play to their strength and while they're doing that we can allow them to improve on what's now their weakness.  

[/QUOTE]

His defense, very impressive arm & speed are in the plus category--he will probably not be a 30-30 guy. If he could improve his base stealing and bunting ability he would be extremely valuable to the Sox or any other team. I think if he could work on those two skills in Boston. Sending JBJ down because he has options is the easy choice not the smart choice.

BenC should have been working on trades since ST--being prepared and knowing who's out there and who he would like to bring in. Putting the best team on the field with the best players in the system should be any GM's goal.BC gets too attached to the players in front of him--not a good quality for a GM.

In my estimation if Nava wants to continue to switch hit--let him do it for another team. He is not a RH bat. Last night JF could have PH for Nava twice against the LH with Gomes in the dugout. I realize the O's would have changed pitchers--part of the chess game. It's time to move Gomes or Nava or both. I like both players but they have strong weaknesses. In the NL, with double switches more prevalent, they would be more valuable.

It's either move Nava or Gomes or Carp. To me Carp has the better upside offensively. Within a week WMB and Vic should be back. Who goes--Nava, Gomes, Carp, JBJ , Holt, Badenhop?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Second time you've started a thread about Bradley 'Lovelacing' - you must think that's some really funny stuff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

From what I am reading, the fenway fans are quite impressed with JBJ's arm and letting him know with cheers.  It has been a while since someone in cf has had a gun.  I doubt JBJ goes back to McCoy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

anyone who thinks Jb should be sent down in favor of keeping the Three Horseman of Mediocrity intact is nuts....i could care less which one of those spare parts we cut loose but it better not be JB...his speed and defense alone make him more valuable than the other three salamis

As always - 100% correct!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

anyone who thinks Jb should be sent down in favor of keeping the Three Horseman of Mediocrity intact is nuts....i could care less which one of those spare parts we cut loose but it better not be JB...his speed and defense alone make him more valuable than the other three salamis

[/QUOTE]

Funny and I agree.  Plus JBJ has the look of staying injury free.  I hope I did not jinx him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

anyone who thinks Jb should be sent down in favor of keeping the Three Horseman of Mediocrity ...

[/QUOTE]

And the winner of the best line of the morning is..... ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to clean the coffee I spit up while reading it off my keyboard and screen. :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

anyone who thinks Jb should be sent down in favor of keeping the Three Horseman of Mediocrity ...

[/QUOTE]

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to clean the coffee I spit up while reading it off my keyboard and screen. :-)

[/QUOTE]

lol  ty...but seriously is anyone in the sox brass actually having this thought? please tell me no

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

He reminds me of Austin Jackson.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol  ty...but seriously is anyone in the sox brass actually having this thought? please tell me no

[/QUOTE]

It was either remy or don who was talking about a JBJ/Cherington meeting going on while a game was in process.  They mentioned that they got the feeling JBJ was getting the message that he would be going down when V got back.

We will see but if he goes down it will be a mistake but McCoy will start to sell out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to Free-UB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JBJ HAS shown flashes but has ZERO pop in his bat right now. may b what he is after all, a slap hitting guy with a good eye who gives great effort and D. but right now we need to return the vets to their roles once vic comes back. though last week that JB had played his self into permanence a la boegy but he's back to tethering. one mo round in the minors may do the trick.

[/QUOTE]No, I do not agree.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

JBJ needs to stay when VIC comes back.  I know Nava will turn it around and be better than this, but if everyone is playing healthy he still might be the 4th outfielder.  I like having Sizemore/JBJ/Victorino in the outfield.  That is a VERY strong outfield.  JBJ is starting to turn it around with the bat too, He's not hitting GREAT but he is above the Mendoza line and a lot of his hits have been clutch, and he's put together some great PA's with a OBP of .357

He's not a burner, and I don't know why people keep on saying and thinking that he is but Jackie Bradley Jr does not have great speed.  I think people just assume it because he is an elite defender in center field.  When it is all said and done, I think the only difference between Ellsbury and Bradley JR. will be the stolen bases.

And quite frankly, if he can stay healthy and not cost $20+ a year I'll take that all day long.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Free-UB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]No, I do not agree.

[/QUOTE]

Me too, I think JBJ will have some decent pop.  He has a .876 lifetime OPS in over 800 minor league at bats.  Yes it all means nothing until he does it in the big show....but anyone who discounts his entire professional career and judges him by his 47 at bats this year is just "misinformed" for a lack of a better word.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JBJ needs to stay when VIC comes back.  I know Nava will turn it around and be better than this, but if everyone is playing healthy he still might be the 4th outfielder.  I like having Sizemore/JBJ/Victorino in the outfield.  That is a VERY strong outfield.  JBJ is starting to turn it around with the bat too, He's not hitting GREAT but he is above the Mendoza line and a lot of his hits have been clutch, and he's put together some great PA's with a OBP of .357

He's not a burner, and I don't know why people keep on saying and thinking that he is but Jackie Bradley Jr does not have great speed.  I think people just assume it because he is an elite defender in center field.  When it is all said and done, I think the only difference between Ellsbury and Bradley JR. will be the stolen bases.

And quite frankly, if he can stay healthy and not cost $20+ a year I'll take that all day long.

================================================================

he is faster than the other three and is miles ahead defensively...so his worth as a late inning replacement is immense...i agree that vic, jb, and grady will be a very nice outfield to watch play...now if we can string together a few big hits when its needed....i am a little concerned about lackey/douby too but they will suffice as long as peavy and lester bring it

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts