JBJ being sent down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

JBJ being sent down

Just been reported that papi will be here Friday and JBJ will be send back to pawtucket.

Heard it on 98.5 FM

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: JBJ being sent down

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Yawn, can't wait to see Gomes and Nava, and, let's not forget S. Drew and Carp. An 11 game sample was definitive on his offense, but it's too bad to go from outstanding LF defense to Gomes and Nava.

Bradley isn't happy about it, which is clear from his comments. But there is no doubt they will claim the miracle of a few months in the minors "turned him around so he's ready for CF in 2013".

This managment is embarrassingly bad, in both PR and value and fit roster decisions. Watching S. Drew and 10 million cost is embarrassing. It would be one thing if S. Drew wan't a bum, but he is.

Do you have a link to Bradley's comments. It sounds to be compleyely out of character for him.   

I heard an interview. Hes not happy about the way hes playing and would obviously like to play more, but it wasnt said in a negative way. He basically said he needs to work on some things and that he believes in his abilities and that his time will come soon...He understands the game and the business. Better than some fans on here do.

His time will come soon enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Yawn, can't wait to see Gomes and Nava, and, let's not forget S. Drew and Carp. An 11 game sample was definitive on his offense, but it's too bad to go from outstanding LF defense to Gomes and Nava.

Bradley isn't happy about it, which is clear from his comments. But there is no doubt they will claim the miracle of a few months in the minors "turned him around so he's ready for CF in 2013".

This managment is embarrassingly bad, in both PR and value and fit roster decisions. Watching S. Drew and 10 million cost is embarrassing. It would be one thing if S. Drew wan't a bum, but he is.

The random attack on Drew. Defection at its best. Here are Bradley said about it: 

“If I happen to go down, I’ll know I sucked my first go-around but I’ll be looking forward to the next time I get the chance. I’ve been through some tough times but I’ll keep grinding all season. It’s 10 or 11 games out of a season. There’s a long way to go.”

I think he realizes what is going on. I can't believe you don't think the minors, whose mission is player development, is the place to fix his swing oppose to the majors, whose mission is to win. On top of you think 100 is a fine average for a player like Bradley and that he does have a hole in swing. Both have been noted, so if you can't remember or disagree you can check your BDC notebook.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

• Jackie Bradley Jr. has played his way into being optioned back to the minors. But the idea that being demoted could somehow bruise his confidence is way off. Here's what he told me on Wednesday afternoon:

“It’s still early in the season. I’m not going to let this — 30 at-bats or whatever — define me. It’s not a sprint; it’s a freaking marathon. This isn’t how my career is going to turn out," he said.

“If I happen to go down, I’ll know I sucked my first go-around but I’ll be looking forward to the next time I get the chance. I’ve been through some tough times but I’ll keep grinding all season. It’s 10 or 11 games out of a season. There’s a long way to go.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Oh that's right. I remember from lurking. You are the guy that is obsessed with bradley.  he will be fine, he just needs a little more time in a low pressure environment.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Not happy about WHAT? That is my question. Softlaw is implying that Bradley has a bone to pick with the FO. Nowhere in his comments does he imply that.

Why would JBJ be happy about it? It doesnt mean it was said in a negative light.

We all know what softy is trying to do. You should take your own advice and realize hes just trolling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Stay strong, man.

Stay Boston Strong.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

uh oh. Softy is getting angry. i would be mad too if i put all my eggs into one basket and then that basket hit .100 and played poor defense...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

uh oh. Softy is getting angry. i would be mad too if i put all my eggs into one basket and then that basket hit .100 and played poor defense...

Softy angry?  But I didn't see one "supra" "ad hom" "captious" "drone" or "captious drone" in that last thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Hey Softball. What are your thoughts on the Illuminati?

( quiet down everybody, I want to hear this )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Good.....he needs the work.  He simply wasn't good.  We are in the business of winning games....not helping a kid learn how to hit a curve and an inside pitch....that's the minors job.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I heard an interview. Hes not happy about the way hes playing and would obviously like to play more, but it wasnt said in a negative way. He also said he needs to work on some things and that he believes in his abilities and that his time will come soon...He understands the game and the business. Better than some fans on here do.

His time will come soon enough.

The above post is a management spin PR shill. That's not what Bradley said, at all, but that is the canned PR that managment likes to ape "he knows it's a business".

Here are is actual words:

"It’s still early in the season. I’m not going to let this — 30 at-bats or whatever — define me. It’s not a sprint; it’s a freaking marathon. This isn’t how my career is going to turn out," he said.

“If I happen to go down, I’ll know I sucked my first go-around but I’ll be looking forward to the next time I get the chance. I’ve been through some tough times but I’ll keep grinding all season. It’s 10 or 11 games out of a season. There’s a long way to go

The reality is that sports is about talent, beyond the fundamentals. Managment should not have yo-yo'd him since they had no intention of keeping him on the active roster with Ellsbury, Gomes and Shane on it. All along, their plan was Gomes and Nava for LF. Their incompetence is bringing Bradley up with the full intention of sending him back down. He should not have been started in the majors with that managment cemented plan. His comments make it clear that pulling the beans out after 11 games is mental scar tissue that was unnecessary.

If he was left to start, he would make the adjustments because professional competition is about talent. But he was never going to be a slugger LF profile. However, Gomes and Nava are bench guys, so the mistake is in not keeping Gomes in the bench role and not using Nava's option to keep him in a bench role. Ortiz isn't likely to be able to stay off the DL or the long periods of ineffective slugging list. Ortiz must slug at a high level or he joins Carp as two worthless active roster spot members.

They should try and trade Carp after that one game sample, by DFA'ing him. Once Ortiz tanks, and that's likely, Nava and Gomes should share most of the DH work.

The joke is that a month or two more in the minors means Bradley is now ready to start in CF for 2014. The real issue is that managment doesn't want to use him in the LF role, nor are they willing to take on the wrath of prima donna Ellsbury and his "he's a franchise player" agent by moving Ellsbury to LF and Bradley to CF.

The correct move, if they are too wimpy to move Ellsbury and his paper arm and play the big hop defense to LF, is to DFA Carp and try and trade him for a scrap.

Some on this board new that, based on what managment has done, Bradley should go to CF and Ellsbury to LF. Gomes and Nava (get rid of Carp) should be pinch hitter/limited OF replacements for Shane and Bradley, by moving Ellsbury to CF when Bradley sits and moving Bradley to RF when Shane sits. The Red Sox should be taking advantage of the fact that they have 3 players who can play any OF position, with the exception of Ellsbury being unable to play anything but the shallowest RF.

Gomes and Nava are bench guys who need to be pinch hitter and smallest OF spot starts for Ellsbury, Bradley and Shane. Shane should not be played more than about 120 games.

Management wants slugging in LF, but Gomes and Nava are so poor defensively that their platoon slugging talents aren't good enough to offset it. But managment committed to this before the season started, when they signed Gomes and Shane, and didn't trade Ellsbury.

At the end of the day, the spin is childish. Managment's plan is to start Bradley in CF for 2014, and they will give him the Pedroia long leash in 2014 because they have to be tired of this 20 to 30M a year on poor work history OF'ers.  

someone needs a nap...

If you notice, i didnt put and quotations in my post. Thats because after hearing the interview thats what I took from it. Its not what he said word for word. Its what I got from what he said. get it?  I fiugured you were smart enough to figure that out. guess not. But I see it was the perfect opportunity for you to spin it in your own cute way. Keep up the good work champ :)

By the way, you should look at the combined OBP's of Gomes and Nava...its funny "watching" you squirm...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

Softy angry?  But I didn't see one "supra" "ad hom" "captious" "drone" or "captious drone" in that last thread.

you did see a "shill" though...I believe that would be me

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Softlaw is so far out of touch with reality the mind boggles.  He despises the Red Sox system which in fact found and signed both Iglesias and Bradley.  He hates most of the players on the current team, not because they can't play the game, but because he, softlaw, isn't the GM and calling the shots.  I think he likes Pedroia, and certainly Bradley and Iglesias.  Beyond that, zilch.  The rotation's pitching arms are all about to fall off or they are losing their control or speed or whatever.  The bullpen is worthless, etc. 

For the rest of us and virtually the entire Red Sox Nation, we are simply looking forward to the date, probably this year, when Bradley can return to Boston for good.  We all know, as softlaw appears not to know, that Bradley has a great attitude and will learn from this. 

Meanwhile, of course, as has happened many times in the past, softlaw is desperately hoping the Sox will go on a losing streak because, at the end of the day, it is clear he is not a fan of this team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Softlaw is so far out of touch with reality the mind boggles.  He despises the Red Sox system which in fact found and signed both Iglesias and Bradley.  He hates most of the players on the current team, not because they can't play the game, but because he, softlaw, isn't the GM and calling the shots.  I think he likes Pedroia, and certainly Bradley and Iglesias.  Beyond that, zilch.  The rotation's pitching arms are all about to fall off or they are losing their control or speed or whatever.  The bullpen is worthless, etc. 

For the rest of us and virtually the entire Red Sox Nation, we are simply looking forward to the date, probably this year, when Bradley can return to Boston for good.  We all know, as softlaw appears not to know, that Bradley has a great attitude and will learn from this. 

Meanwhile, of course, as has happened many times in the past, softlaw is desperately hoping the Sox will go on a losing streak because, at the end of the day, it is clear he is not a fan of this team. 

He hates any and all players that werent in his plans instead of rooting for the team he says hes a fan of. Thats why nobody here believes hes an actual sox fan. Hes not fooling anyone.

The good thing is that his trolling allows other real fans of this team to site different stats and other things we might otherwise have not realized. Like Moon listing all sorts of cool information.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

that's ok, he needs work and hopefully will be back at fenway.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Anytime someone uses "hate, hates, hater or hatred" then you know the Leftist radical playbook is defeated on the merits of the issue.

Good to know.  I will be on the look-out for any form of the root word hate.  Never will I be fooled again and think the leftist radical playbook has not been defeated.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts