JBJ gets the call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

JBJ gets the call

JBJ has been called up and Wilson has been optioned back to AAA

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/27704/bradley-jr-a-strong-candidate-for-callup

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: JBJ gets the call

I hope he plays and is not just used as a spare outfielder.  Give him a chance to show that he should not go back to Pawtucket when Shane returns. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I hope he plays and is not just used as a spare outfielder.  Give him a chance to show that he should not go back to Pawtucket when Shane returns. 

Four man outfield, like slow pitch.  Neat if the Sox can get away with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Four man outfield, like slow pitch.  Neat if the Sox can get away with it.

Not looking for that. Just put Bradley in left , instead of the Carp / Gomes platoon. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

What was wrong with the thread Bill 806 started on this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Didnt really notice his thread. If I did, I probably thought it was just another "BLOCKBUSTAH" thread, or another "Play the kids" thread, and paid no attention to it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Bill Who? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

Bill Who? 

Bozo 806

Ohh... The Board Pirate?

"Wait, there's someone on our team that dresses like a pirate?!!"-Dodgeball

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bill Who? 

Bozo 806

Ohh... The Board Pirate?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

But can he hit the inside curve? That's all i want to know. Guess we might find out...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Bill Who? 

Bozo 806

Ohh... The Board Pirate?

Ha! 

Nice. 

Steve the Pirate 806

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Continued DISRESPECT  !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I RESPECT YOU BILL!

They just don't comprehend an enthusiastic mind!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Good callup and the right move at this point.  I really think we will eventually miss having Vic in that lineup so hopefully its not for good.  I do think though that this time he will be here for a bit longer...even when Vic comes back....because Gomes really is simply not the answer YET.  I think Gomes needs to get his head on straight and work with the hitting coaches to get his swing back.  Until then it should be JBJ and Nava then Vic and a JBJ/Nava platoon?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

I RESPECT YOU BILL!

Nope....most here just don't comprehend how Bill can actually call himself a Red Sox fan when all he does is hope they do bad....

Plus he's not funny

Plus he's really not a retired old man like he says he is....

Plus he likes Softy

Plus he's ugly and his mother dresses him funny

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

I RESPECT YOU BILL!

yes exactly Boom, but we comprehend a logical one while being enthusiastic...you and Bill make a good pair.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Good callup and the right move at this point.  I really think we will eventually miss having Vic in that lineup so hopefully its not for good.  I do think though that this time he will be here for a bit longer...even when Vic comes back....because Gomes really is simply not the answer YET.  I think Gomes needs to get his head on straight and work with the hitting coaches to get his swing back.  Until then it should be JBJ and Nava then Vic and a JBJ/Nava platoon?

Hey King,

Im hoping he has improved upon his last visit to the bigs. Not sure theres a full time spot for him, but Im sure they can give him some playing time somewhere when Vic comes back. I just dont think you give less time to a guy like Nava, who is doing very good and has earned the playing time. Ells and Vic are going to start as well.

This whole thing with some of these posters wanting to trade guys just so they can take a chance on the kids is incompetent. They want to play Lavarnway, Iggy and JBJ and look to move Salty Drew and Ells, just because they are FA at the end of the year. Nevermind the team is in 1st place with these players and have very good chemistry. Makes me question some of them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Hey King,

Im hoping he has improved upon his last visit to the bigs. Not sure theres a full time spot for him, but Im sure they can give him some playing time somewhere when Vic comes back. I just dont think you give less time to a guy like Nava, who is doing very good and has earned the playing time. Ells and Vic are going to start as well.

This whole thing with some of these posters wanting to trade guys just so they can take a chance on the kids is incompetent. They want to play Lavarnway, Iggy and JBJ and look to move Salty Drew and Ells, just because they are FA at the end of the year. Nevermind the team is in 1st place with these players and have very good chemistry. Makes me question some of them.

Well said South.  Nava is playing like a stud right now.  He has a history of being very streaky....we should ride this current streak as long as possible.  I think the best thing that JF has been doing this year is playing the people that are performing the best on the field...WHAT A CONCEPT! HA!  I think Nava needs to stay.  Vic has been great when he's playing so his spot should be secure.  Gomes is the X-factor.  He has been painful so that's where JBJ should come in.  I would get him time....but again, he has to perform.  The old addage is you need to play better then the player you're replacing.  That's what he needs to do.

I hear you about the 'Odd' posters here.  I don't get it.  They are in first place...the players they want gone have contributed to the success of the team....LET'S TRADE THEM!!??  Why not use the fact that they are FA's at years end and trying to prove themselves as an advantage?  Drew has been solid since he got his swing back from his layoff, Salty has been on a pretty solid tear at the plate and Carp is close to the best spot starter in the league....RIDE THE WAVE!! 

21. This post has been removed.