JBJ in LF w/ Gomes at the DH? Yeh! I could really get excited about this team!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

JBJ in LF w/ Gomes at the DH? Yeh! I could really get excited about this team!!!

It simply makes too much sense, which is why the Sox will likely hold rigidly to baseball conventional wisdom and make the wrong decision.  It's rather ironic given their addiction to PR moves, as JBJ could be the PR coupe of the decade.  Once need not watch the kid for long to see he has some truely mature TALENT, both in the field and at bat.  This kid could be something really special!  The case for making a decision based on "control" 5 - 6 years out being absurd has been made by a 100 different sports writers, so I won't bore you with that again.

If RS management doesn't see that this team is in desperate need of a PR shot in the arm, they truly are as stupid as many think.  This would be a move that Red Sox Nation would rally around.  It would reignite our passion and give a reason to follow this team.  Sure!  Those of us on this board will likely watch most of all 162 games, but not all in the nation are as die hard as we are.  I want the move because I honestly think the kid could go a long way toward making the Sox very competative in the AL east!  If management needs a fiscal justification, why not go with the PR move???  Either way, we all win!

He sure looked good again tonight!!!  Yes!  It's only ST.  Got it!  He looked damned good!  AGAIN>>>>   and AGAIN....... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: JBJ in LF w/ Gomes at the DH? Yeh! I could really get excited about this team!!!

Hey dog.  It's not really "making a decision based on "control" 5 - 6 years out".  Assuming Bradley becomes a good player it's millions of dollars a year saved in years 4, 5 & 6 plus a 7th year of control.  As the Sox appear to have a strong farm system right now, if this is repeated a few times it's a gigantic savings that can be re-invested in other players.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: JBJ in LF w/ Gomes at the DH? Yeh! I could really get excited about this team!!!

Oh thank god! I was worried I wouldn't have a place to post my Jackie Bradley thoughts.

Seriosuly though no one is going to change their minds.  I base my opinion on the fact that JBJ has never played one game above double A, and he slowed down in Portland as well.  Now Im starting to shift my opinion on this, and I'm a beginning to become more open to him starting, but I think I'm still leaning towards he should start in Pawtucket.

People who take the other side of the argument are mostly basing this off of his spring training stats.  While my feelings my be softening towards the kid I still think that the notion is absolutely absurd (basing it on ST stats). For those in the "start Bradley now" camp a more compelling argument would be why Bradley is still with the team?

He hasn't been optioned yet.  So why is he still with the team?  Now that doesn't mean he will make the team but itwhat's to make one wonder.  I'll admit that is what is making me reexamine it, but definitely not the March stats.

bradley sill being here is a much more compelling argument.  Because if you except the reality that the game is played different in March and spring training stats are useless you also have to realize none of us are there evaluating him and seeing his every move in camp.  Maybe he is ready?  Like I said, I still have a hunch that he's just turning on fastballs and looking to impress.  He is a smart kid, he knows the fastball is coming early in every spring at bat and one thing I've noticed is he has a lot of first pitch big hits.

Still when he gets more breaking balls, off speed stuff and staffs starters facing him multiple times he is more than likely going to struggle a bit.  Don't expect him to win a batting title, it's more likely than not he will still go through some level of adversity this year.  Maybe he comes one strong in he second half though who knows.

With that said his truly elite skill set, that we know will play right now is his defense.  So if Bradely starts it will be and should be in Center.  Even Farrell has acknowledged this....and with good reason.  He very well may hit well this season, but please don't compare him to Trout and hunk he is going to hit the ground running.  His offense may lag a little to begin he season and you would get less offensive production in the outfield with minimal value added to the defense with his glove in left.  

I still say he starts the year in Pawtucket, but I'm wondering if he is being auditioned right now. The game is played a lt more competitive the last week and a half of ST and should be more telling than the last 3.  Stillit would think they would have played him in left or Ellsbury in left just ONCE if that was being considered as an opening day lineup.  As long as both those two stick in center it's obviously the team hasn't decided to keep him up yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Farrell said he doesnt see JBJ as a LF'er...Take that anyway you want.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

RF'er. Send Victorinox packing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Put Ells in left. Victorino, Bradley Jr., and Ells might be the best defensive outfield in baseball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackieBradley. Show JackieBradley's posts

JB in left field April 1

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to JackieBradley's comment:

JB in left field April 1

Hi Jackie!!!! Gee I would've that that the actual Jackie Bradley would want to stick in center!!!