JBJ is Going Away, Part 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from psychofool. Show psychofool's posts

JBJ is Going Away, Part 1

Batting ave. .211 in Boston and .133 in Pawtucket. How low can it go?

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: JBJ is Going Away, Part 1

He's facing better pitching in Pawtucket ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to psychofool's comment:

Your thoughts?

The floor's the limit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Your thoughts?

And if he goes 3 for 4 tonight, he'll be batting .263. Sheesh can we wait until has more than 15 at-bats to bash the kid. Take a deep breath -- you'll get your chance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Your thoughts?

I'm a firm believer that any young prospect should have the talent "first and foremost" to either hold down his natural position or have the ability to learn another to suit a teams needs, especially if he intends to stick at the major league level.  I loved Iggy for that reason but doubted whether he would ever hit.  If JBJ can mature offensively he's a keeper because of our need for a solid defensive CF with an arm.  Do I feel he can become a good enough hitter in the bigs?  After watching a similar aged Iggy struggle for a couple of years I do still believe he may but not without a solid instructor.  We have such a strange crop of youngsters compared to years past that simply don't fit as well just yet and maybe never.  Pede at 2B, Ells in CF, Rizzo at 1B but traded, Youk at 3B and 1B and Iggy once he began hitting all became valuable pieces.  The latest crop of Holt, Bogy, Middy, Lav, Cecchini etc. are all questionable with Betts getting a free pass because his natural position happens to be occupied by Pede.  Only Swihart and Vasquez stand out so far as holding down a much needed position on an every day basis at some point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Jackie should just shut it down at this point.  Poor kid is wrapped in layers of self-doubt, mechanical tweeks that have tweeked him out of any semblance of a swing, and pressure.  He needs winter ball bad.  But, more than that, kid needs a vacation: I suggest a tropical beach with a hammock and a few ounces of kind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Jackie should just shut it down at this point.  Poor kid is wrapped in layers of self-doubt, mechanical tweeks that have tweeked him out of any semblance of a swing, and pressure.  He needs winter ball bad.  But, more than that, kid needs a vacation: I suggest a tropical beach with a hammock and a few ounces of kind.

Maybe he needs glasses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Maybe he needs glasses.

He should of went for basketball or football

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Maybe he needs glasses.

He should of went for basketball or football

or medicine ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He should have went for comedy--Jackie Mason Junior

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

He should have went for comedy--Jackie Mason Junior

More like Max Patkin, Jr.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Softball

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Your thoughts?

And if he goes 3 for 4 tonight, he'll be batting .263. Sheesh can we wait until has more than 15 at-bats to bash the kid. Take a deep breath -- you'll get your chance.

Almost. He went 2 for 4 with a home run and is now batting .211.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Your thoughts?

These disgusting vultures sicken me.  No patience, no empathy, not an ounce of decency in their collective soulless bodies.  They couldn't wait a week to cr@p all over the poor kid...as if he wanted to fail!

Of course, if he does turn it around they'll be extolling his virtues and bragging about their patience, empathy and decency to their fellow sewer workers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Your thoughts?

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Your thoughts?

These disgusting vultures sicken me.  No patience, no empathy, not an ounce of decency in their collective soulless bodies.  They couldn't wait a week to cr@p all over the poor kid...as if he wanted to fail!

Of course, if he does turn it around they'll be extolling his virtues and bragging about their patience, empathy and decency to their fellow sewer workers.

But, they're so darned funny, Sonic!

Just ask them, they'll tell you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

this. absolutely. but he very well might like it too much.

not sure what kind of supporting structure he has around him. he might just be 2-3 years away from clearing his head at this point. was clearly rushed, but i still think rushing kids is fine as long as you give them end games. "you'll be up for a month and then will go back down so just have fun." i think that's the best way to do it. some kids will thrive and you keep them up, but most just won't. learning experience for all. but placing the "full-time center fielder that we're counting on to help us repeat as World Series champs" label on a kid like Bradley was clearly too much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

There's nothing wrong with JBJ that a little patience and a good hitting coach won't cure.  This guy has an OPS of .800+ at both AA and AAA.  Within just a few years he's going to be a GG CF and possibly an All-Star.  The only question is whether he's going to be playing for us or for someone else.  I hope he's here.

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

How many batting stances and little quirky timing mechanisms did he use this year? Dont overthink things. He doesnt need a specialized hitting coach. the kid has proved he can hit at a high level in AA AAA. he just needs to go back and see what he was doing when he was successful. 

Winter ball is a must for JBJ. Unlike a lot of fans, I dont call a kid a bust after his first full MLB season. JBJ will be back in September. Im hoping he can string together a few good games going into the off season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Maybe he just needs a little dose of Jenny, Jenny Dell.  You think Brooksy will share.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

just one hit tonight for JBJ.  The other night when I was there, Ryan Roberts hit one hard over the fence and doubled as well.

Sections
Shortcuts