JBJ Optioned Down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

JBJ Optioned Down

I told you he'd make a great 4th OF but his swing is terrible.

For all those who told me they saw something positive in his swing and that he would be a good hitter, now's your chance -- make up your mind:  come defend your position, admit you were wrong, or of course, duck & hide............ps - I am more than happy to revisit this discussion, every year for the next several years.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: JBJ Optioned Down

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 10m
    #RedSox kept Bradley in majors when he was 0x35. But reaches in 8 of last 20 plate appearances and gets demoted. Seems odd.

^This. Oh well. Hope the time in the minors does him some good.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

For all those who told me they saw something positive in his swing and that he would be a good hitter, now's your chance -- make up your mind:  come defend your position, admit you were wrong, or of course, duck & hide............ps - I am more than happy to revisit this discussion, every year for the next several years.........

Got a link? As far as I know, he is still with the Red Sox. 

You might be right about his inability to hit the baseball. But he is still with the club.

How did your prediction about the Sox losing three games to the Astros work out?

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

Never mind. This would have been helpful. And why is Middlebrooks staying?

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2014/08/red_sox_send_jackie_bradley_jr_to_pawtucket_call_u.html?p1=ClickedOnBreakingNewsBox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

That's too bad.  I am rooting for JBJ - but he should probably finish the year in Pawtucket and then shut him down and tell him "see you in February" - all his issues are mental - not physical.

No sense in recalling him in September.

Defense.  It is still important.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

That's too bad.  I am rooting for JBJ - but he should probably finish the year in Pawtucket and then shut him down and tell him "see you in February" - all his issues are mental - not physical.

No sense in recalling him in September.

his issues are physical - have you seen his swing?

how could a top prospect get sent down in late August on a team that has already been eliminated from the playoffs?  you have to be doing really badly for that to happen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I suspect andrewmitch has trouble making friends.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Or, option 3:  don't have a position.  Why does everything have to be I Was Right or I Was Wrong.  Silly game.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

he has been putting some good swings on the ball lately.  weird timing for this demotion.

who did they bring up?

other names i have posted under:  none

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Seems like we'll be seeing an awful lot of Mookie for the next few weeks.

In other news...

Castillo is “moving quickly” toward choosing a club, Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald reports on Twitter. As Lauber notes, the Red Sox are one club that appears to be strongly pursuing the 27-year-old outfielder/infielder.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I've been a huge supporter of JBJ, and a believer that he'll eventually put it together........but he probably should have been optioned sooner. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

he has been putting some good swings on the ball lately.  weird timing for this demotion.

who did they bring up?

Mookie Betts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Or, option 3:  don't have a position.  Why does everything have to be I Was Right or I Was Wrong.  Silly game.  

because there were posters here who insisted they "saw something different in his swing" than I did

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

wow..didn't think it would happen this soon

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

JBJ has excelled at all levels and will excel at the MLB level as well.  He'll be better next year

Most people who post here haven't seen anything wrong with his swing because most posters couldn't teach a 10 year old to swing a wiffle ball bat never mind give advice to Major League ball players

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

because there were posters here who insisted they "saw something different in his swing" than I did

once again...you sound just like a yankees fan....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

once again...you sound just like a yankees fan....

i'm hardly a yankee fan

truth hurts sometimes

JBJ is not a major league hitter

his swing is majorly flawed

look at how pitchers attack him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

FWIW, in my personal experience, there is great comfort and strength in knowing I have gotten something right that no one else seemed to understand.  That feeling is invariably weakened and rendered dead the minute I say i told ya so or project the need to get affirmation of my brilliance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Darn so he got robbed for a gold glove ? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 10m
    #RedSox kept Bradley in majors when he was 0x35. But reaches in 8 of last 20 plate appearances and gets demoted. Seems odd.

^This. Oh well. Hope the time in the minors does him some good.

Based on the way this team has been run all year, this, actually, seems normal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I suspect andrewmitch has trouble making friends.

Actually, on this board, that's not a character flaw. Remember, it was Andrew who came up with the very accurate INJURINO. That was a work of genius. Hell, I don't even remember Shane's real last name.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Darn so he got robbed for a gold glove ? 

Right, but not for a GOLDEN SOMBRERO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's hope he handles it well and works on some things in Pawtucket.  I still like his chances for success in Boston. There is too much talent there to give up on at age 24.

Stabbed by Foulke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

More highly selective "I told you so" junk from Andrewmitch. 

I don't care who was right or wrong about JBJ. 

You have been wrong plenty of times in here. Most of the times when you're right it has to do with a player not working out or the team losing, so you are always gloating at awkward times. 

No one owes you or anyone else an apology or even an explanation if they thought JBJ would work out better offensively. C'mon man we're in here to talk baseball and discuss, this isn't a debate competition.  

I feel bad for JBJ. Looks like the team rushed him in retrospect but I was supportive of it at the time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It is time for WMB and Xander to go back down for some serious batting help.

You can't  continue this lack of production and just accept it as normal for young players. 

They have to be accountable and there has to be a helping mechanism--if that means having the roving hitting instructor work with them individually  so be it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

More highly selective "I told you so" junk from Andrewmitch. 

I don't care who was right or wrong about JBJ. 

You have been wrong plenty of times in here. Most of the times when you're right it has to do with a player not working out or the team losing, so you are always gloating at awkward times. 

No one owes you or anyone else an apology or even an explanation if they thought JBJ would work out better offensively. C'mon man we're in here to talk baseball and discuss, this isn't a debate competition.  

I feel bad for JBJ. Looks like the team rushed him in retrospect but I was supportive of it at the time.

never said anyone owes me a thing

i made it clear the guy couldn't hit when I first saw him last April (13) and I got bashed for it

so yeah, i am back, gloating.  not because JBJ failed but because yes once again i was right and they were wrong and not because of just that.  if they were decent about the "debate" then no big deal.  but they insist on personal attacks.  so here we are.......

Sections
Shortcuts