JBJ Optioned Down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: JBJ Optioned Down

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is time for WMB and Xander to go back down for some serious batting help.

You can't  continue this lack of production and just accept it as normal for young players. 

They have to be accountable and there has to be a helping mechanism--if that means having the roving hitting instructor work with them individually  so be it.

[/QUOTE]

Seems kind of pointless to send anyone down at this time of year.

Rosters expand in two weeks.

I guess they really wanted to see what Betts can do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

By sending him down now, they can recall Betts when rosters expand and not burn an option.

This way they can give JBJ some time to collect him self down in Pawtucket while giving Mookie a look, and recall him in September and save an option on him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Andrew didn't care for his neighbors cat who was always sitting in the middle of the street and kept telling his wife "That stupid cat is going to get hit by a car someday" ..... finally the cat gets hit by a car .... Andrew runs out into the street where the cats owners are weeping and dances on the cats carcass "I told you all, I told you all, I told you the cat was going to get hit by a cart !!!!!!"

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to predict a tornado in my town everyday for the next ten years until it happens.  And if all we get is a really horrible thunder storm in a couple weeks, well then I can at least say that the "spirit" of my argument is true. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By sending him down now, they can recall Betts when rosters expand and not burn an option.

This way they can give JBJ some time to collect him self down in Pawtucket while giving Mookie a look, and recall him in September and save an option on him.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

That makes sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Hugh, options aren't the way they used to be.  It goes by option years now.  A player could go up and down 20 times in a season, and that counts as 1. Betts first option was burned when he came up the first time.

Here's a link that explains it pretty well; the options part is the 4th or 5th section:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_transactions" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_transactions

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 10m
    #RedSox kept Bradley in majors when he was 0x35. But reaches in 8 of last 20 plate appearances and gets demoted. Seems odd.

^This. Oh well. Hope the time in the minors does him some good.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

[/QUOTE]

This is the first thing I thought when I heard the news.  I never said the kid had a great bat.  I said when gets on first, he gets the pitcher's full attention.  His glove and arm are the best and he will be back  in the majors for some team.

When you have three players like JBJ, Xander and Middy all struggling, I have to think the some of the fault lies with the red sox.

Tomorrow I will be sitting behind JBJ in center.  Any visiting McCoy come by and say hello.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've been a huge supporter of JBJ, and a believer that he'll eventually put it together........but he probably should have been optioned sooner. 

[/QUOTE]

Heck .if JBJ only knew that if he could hit about 225 , With his Defense  .... 100MIL+ payday from some team. LoL !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

It has always been rather apparent that Bradley can't hit ML pitching well.  He would be a good 4th outfielder type. It is what it is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It has always been rather apparent that Bradley can't hit ML pitching well.  He would be a good 4th outfielder type. It is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

It'd be an absolute shame if a guy with his defensive skills can't find his swing at the ML level.

But, he's had a good amount of at bats this year and it doesn't look good.

Maybe there's a minor league hitting instructor somewhere that can help him.

I'd hate to see him relegated to a late inning defensive replacement.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It'd be an absolute shame if a guy with his defensive skills can't find his swing at the ML level.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. The good news, if there is any, is that (at least in my opinion) his defense is so good he should only need to make modest improvement with the bat to be worth a starting job in MLB. We don't need him to hit .290... if he can hit .230 with a .300 OBP plus GG defense, that would be good enough for me. I felt the same way about Iglesias when there were questions about whether he would ever hit enough to be a starter in the major leagues.

I still don't see JBJ as one of the main problems this season...if there was a stronger lineup around him, his struggles would have been a lot easier to stomach. But as it is, I'm still holding out hope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

All bs asise.. Last night game would of been a W with Jackie.... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. The good news, if there is any, is that (at least in my opinion) his defense is so good he should only need to make modest improvement with the bat to be worth a starting job in MLB. We don't need him to hit .290... if he can hit .230 with a .300 OBP plus GG defense, that would be good enough for me. I felt the same way about Iglesias when there were questions about whether he would ever hit enough to be a starter in the major leagues.

I still don't see JBJ as one of the main problems this season...if there was a stronger lineup around him, his struggles would have been a lot easier to stomach. But as it is, I'm still holding out hope.

[/QUOTE]

Yup,with JBJs defense, .230-.240 would be plenty.

As for last night's game.

I'm more interested in what the young players can do than whether they win.

The Sox need to find out if Betts can contribute at center, if JBJ doesn't pan out or is traded.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    ABSOLUTELY 100% TRUE.

i dont care if he gets 2 singles every 10 ab's and K's the other 8 times,,,,his glove is worth it.  not even kidding.

other names i have posted under:  none

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More highly selective "I told you so" junk from Andrewmitch. 

I don't care who was right or wrong about JBJ. 

You have been wrong plenty of times in here. Most of the times when you're right it has to do with a player not working out or the team losing, so you are always gloating at awkward times. 

No one owes you or anyone else an apology or even an explanation if they thought JBJ would work out better offensively. C'mon man we're in here to talk baseball and discuss, this isn't a debate competition.  

I feel bad for JBJ. Looks like the team rushed him in retrospect but I was supportive of it at the time.

[/QUOTE]

never said anyone owes me a thing

i made it clear the guy couldn't hit when I first saw him last April (13) and I got bashed for it

so yeah, i am back, gloating.  not because JBJ failed but because yes once again i was right and they were wrong and not because of just that.  if they were decent about the "debate" then no big deal.  but they insist on personal attacks.  so here we are.......

[/QUOTE]

link to thread???

other names i have posted under:  none

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that makes at least five games that would have been wins with JBJ on the field.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Last night would have been a win if Holt's ball was 1 foot higher and might have been still going if Nava didn't butcher his attempt for what ended up being a GW BI double.