jbj.. u buying in now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

jbj.. u buying in now?

d, arm, mega-catches,bat coming alive, great ABs.. talking true star in making! jb-lovelace no mo!

Da Commy's on the 5th dimension of CONSCIOUSNESS, I'm just a humble servant at the 3rd dimension like the rest of y'all mere mortals!

@imagydBoston... Twitter is where its at!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Re: jbj.. u buying in now?

Just let him play, he is future, sox must overcome this season an prepare the winning team of 2016... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I called for it a couple weeks ago.  Even when the numbers werent there yet you could see it in the approach; harder contact and much smaller k rate.  Its still too early for me to get too too excited but its nice to see hes getting some hits now too.  Lets hope he keeps it up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think Jackie had the best all around game of his MLB career today.  Hopefully, he can build on it. He is a talented ball player. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

Never had a problem with him. Some good hitting coach needs to work with him on cutting down on strikeouts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to az55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Never had a problem with him. Some good hitting coach needs to work with him on cutting down on strikeouts.

[/QUOTE]

He has more than cut his K rate in half recently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

When JBJ originally struggled they tinkered with his batting stance, he struggled more.  He had a decent track record of hitting in the minors and since reverting back to his old ways hes cut his K rate from 32% to 15% and is hitting more line drives.

sometimes you shouldn't mess with a guys mechanics too much and just let him work it out.  Its a SSS, but im hopeful hes turned the corner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm not buying in NOW.  I was always bought in. 

In case nobody noticed, JBJ did today what he's been doing all year - keeping his team in games with his defense.  His arm prevented a run from scoring that would have won the game for the O's in regulation, and then he made a run saving catch on a ball that would have ended the game in the 10th(?).

I understand that it's easy to look at offensive metrics and be critical of his offense (although it's markedly improved over the past couple of weeks) but without his defense this team would be worse off than they are. 

You can make the case that if you're in the cellar it doesn't matter how much worse you could have been, but at the same time I DO wish that posters would stop blaming the losses on JBJ's offense and overlooking his defense.  He may not be everything we want him to be but he's keeping the rest of the offense in a position where they can win games. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to az55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has more than cut his K rate in half recently.

[/QUOTE]

He opened up his stance. Wouldn't it be nice to have a defensive wizard like Bradley also be able to hit the baseball? I am not convinced he ever will, but heh, you can dream, right?

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

He is what he is. He will peak as yearly gold glove threat and perhaps make an all star team. Maybe two. If you are waiting for him to be a perennial all star or upper echelon player you will be in for a long wait.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The kid has been spectacular on defense and is starting to hit....which means Farrell will sit him 4 times next week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

It would be great if JBJ has turned the corner offensively. That said, his offensive woes would not be much of an issue if the rest of the line up were hitting like it should be. It's easy enough to cover one weak bat in a line up, especially with his defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

His hitting is improving little by little. He'll get there, it just may be next year. His D is GG already.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You have to score runs.  You need a deep lineup. As good as he is defensively, he has to hit to earn his keep. That should not be argued. I sincerely believe he will, but to say that he doesn't have to is naive. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You have to score runs.  You need a deep lineup. As good as he is defensively, he has to hit to earn his keep. That should not be argued. I sincerely believe he will, but to say that he doesn't have to is naive. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

He does have to hit better than he has.

If this team were hitting like last year, .240-.250 would be plenty.

Even so, watching him play CF is something else!

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Sure.  But if the rest of the line up were hitting, the Sox would be winning.  If the Sox were winning, JBJ's lack of offense would not be much of an issue.   My point is, his lack of offense is the least of our offensive problems.  He's a #9 hitter.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

This. 

I've kept the faith on Bradley all season, and I have a feeling the reward is going to be sweet.

Though, I wish this thread had been titled "The JBJ...u feeling him now?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This. 

I've kept the faith on Bradley all season, and I have a feeling the reward is going to be sweet.

Though, I wish this thread had been titled "The JBJ...u feeling him now?"

[/QUOTE]

It's nice when our patience pays dividends...unfortunately the haters will just move on and direct their hate elsewhere.  AND their tunes will change from "JBJ will never hit" to "I knew he would hit....I just thought he wasn't ready" 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who would have guessed j-lovelace would have a higher BA and OPS than xany soon?

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics

[/QUOTE]

Again with the lovelace?  Not your finest moment, commy.  You should really lose that one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I liked this kid from the first time I saw him play at McCoy.  I went to every game possible last year and sat behind him in the outfield.  If he hits .240 and keeps playing the outfield in the manner of which he has, he should have a job in the MLB for as long as he stays healthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

What is bizarre in all of this JBJ JR emergence is that several of us were clamoring to get Farrell just to play him every day for a 15-game or more stretch. He wouldn't do it. He kept jerking him around and then would sit him even for Mookie Betts...Baffling. Now he plays every day and oh gee, let's see, now he starts hitting too. Idiotic approach to using Bradley during the first half.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is bizarre in all of this JBJ JR emergence is that several of us were clamoring to get Farrell just to play him every day for a 15-game or more stretch. He wouldn't do it. He kept jerking him around and then would sit him even for Mookie Betts...Baffling. Now he plays every day and oh gee, let's see, now he starts hitting too. Idiotic approach to using Bradley during the first half.

[/QUOTE]

Or, gee, maybe the occasional day off took some of the pressure off of him and he responded.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or, gee, maybe the occasional day off took some of the pressure off of him and he responded.

[/QUOTE]

He's played in 89 of 99 games.  He's on pace to start 146 games.  Sitting JBJ wasn't the problem. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt the sox have mishandled jbj this season. JF opted to send jbj down to mccoy to start Sizemore.  The sox screwed with his stance, they made him bunt for a long time, and then sat him while Xander's average dropped like a rock.

This is one that I got right.  When I saw his cannon last summer up close, I knew the fenway fans would love him.

Sections
Shortcuts