JBKJ starts hitting, so he gets a day off?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

JBJ starts hitting, so he gets a day off?

Against a RH pitcher? With Jonny Gomes taking over in LF? How are these lineups made? With coin flips?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: JBKJ starts hitting, so he gets a day off?

Red Sox

Jake Peavy (R)

1. Brock Holt (L) RF

2. Daniel Nava (S) LF

3. Dustin Pedroia (R) 2B

4. David Ortiz (L) DH

5. Mike Napoli (R) 1B

6. Stephen Drew (L) SS

7. David Ross (R) C

8. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF

9. Xander Bogaerts (R) 3B

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Against a RH pitcher? With Jonny Gomes taking over in LF? How are these lineups made? With coin flips?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

JBJ should never have been moved out of CF, very little doubt in my mind.

But you really need to take this comment to the 'I can't believe that Betts is not starting everyday' thread.  This is beyond ridiculous that we have posters complaining everyday about who's not starting.

I'm waiting for the brave poster who finally says Gomes, Betts, JBJ, and Nava should all be starting in the OF.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I did not get that at all.  It turned out to not be a good idea.  Mookie made a terrible mistake running the bases. When payers get hot you keep them in, isn't this what coaches do?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I did not get that at all.  It turned out to not be a good idea.  Mookie made a terrible mistake running the bases. When payers get hot you keep them in, isn't this what coaches do?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

JBJ has been hitting better recently, but I wouldn't exactly call him hot.  Still, he is our CF, no reason to start Betts over him, imho.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

JBJ has been hitting better recently, but I wouldn't exactly call him hot.  Still, he is our CF, no reason to start Betts over him, imho.

[/QUOTE]

ok, you are right.  He went 2 out of 3 yesterday and the previous game he played, he did well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

But you really need to take this comment to the 'I can't believe that Betts is not starting everyday' thread.  This is beyond ridiculous that we have posters complaining everyday about who's not starting.

I'm waiting for the brave poster who finally says Gomes, Betts, JBJ, and Nava should all be starting in the OF.

[/QUOTE]

Jonny Gomes is a far cry from the Rays' Jonny Gomes. He should not be on the roster. I feel bad for him; he's trying hard, but all he's doing is embarrassing himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Jonny Gomes is a far cry from the Rays' Jonny Gomes. He should not be on the roster. I feel bad for him; he's trying hard, but all he's doing is embarrassing himself.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Gomes is fine, but he is strictly a platoon player.  He did okay last year, but his history says he doesn't hit righties.  His split this year is .488/.880.  How he isn't on a straight split with Nava, who has a .723/.254, just completely escapes me.  On one hand, you have optimally a .880/.723.  OTOH, you have .488/.254.

I understand pitch counts and stuff, and sometimes you get stuck on pitching changes, but Gomes should never start against a righty and Nava should never start against a lefty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Gomes kills LH'd pitching and has for quite a long time.

2014 vs LHPs: .322/.421/.460/.880

He has value to some team in need of a platoon OF'er.

Trade him for the best possible return.

Sox4ever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This is not the first time warm and hot hitters get a day off. It's been going on since Francona was here.

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I feel that manager Farkell has enough to do considering his managerial challenged situation; he should assign one of the smarter coaches to make out the line-up. Actually, Farkell has enough to do just staying awake during the games.