JD Drew talks about how Stephen will handle Boston

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: JD Drew talks about how Stephen will handle Boston

it think its wrong for people to lump him in with nancy drew (JD). i won't unless he can't stay on the field. i like the signing and think he will perform. hes looking for a big payday and took the deal looking to build value. that bodes well for us. you won't see him underperform like the stars of last year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it think its wrong for people to lump him in with nancy drew (JD). i won't unless he can't stay on the field. i like the signing and think he will perform. hes looking for a big payday and took the deal looking to build value. that bodes well for us. you won't see him underperform like the stars of last year

[/QUOTE]

For 9.5M, he better not underperform!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

with most else of the team rounded out what should we spend it on? surely you wouldn't want Henry and co to just pocket it? and we get an upgrade in the process.

barring injury i don't think he will underperform. he took the deal to rebuild his value.. its not like CC or AG's case where he already had his payday and took their foot off the gas

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

with most else of the team rounded out what should we spend it on? surely you wouldn't want Henry and co to just pocket it? and we get an upgrade in the process.

barring injury i don't think he will underperform. he took the deal to rebuild his value.. its not like CC or AG's case where he already had his payday and took their foot off the gas

[/QUOTE]

CC had a lot of faults, but he never took his foot off the gas. One thing you can never accuse Carl Crawford of is a lack of effort.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CC had a lot of faults, but he never took his foot off the gas. One thing you can never accuse Carl Crawford of is a lack of effort.

[/QUOTE]

OK, so i lumped him in with AG and the rest of the "fatcats$". i was wrong about that. i really liked CC and thought he was hard working. but no matter how you slice it he underperformed. which was the bigger point i was attempting to make

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some people are horrified by the mention of "WAR" or "Fangraphs", but with a pinch of salt they can be a useful talking point.  Stephen Drew's fangraphs value, in $m:

2008    9.0

2009  10.1

2010  20.4

2011   8.4 (through mid-July, 86 games, then injured)

2012   0.1 (79 games)

Obviously the 2012 figure is a concern, but that was following a major (though easy to repair) injury and he's not 30 until March.  It's a good bet, especially as it's only a 1 year commitment and the Sox have loads of budget.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some people are horrified by the mention of "WAR" or "Fangraphs", but with a pinch of salt they can be a useful talking point.  Stephen Drew's fangraphs value, in $m:

2008    9.0

2009  10.1

2010  20.4

2011   8.4 (through mid-July, 86 games, then injured)

2012   0.1 (79 games)

Obviously the 2012 figure is a concern, but that was following a major (though easy to repair) injury and he's not 30 until March.  It's a good bet, especially as it's only a 1 year commitment and the Sox have loads of budget.....

[/QUOTE]

i don't mind using WAR but i generally like stats i can calculate myself LOL aside from the 2012 numbers its all looking really good. i still like this signing in every way. gives us an upgrade at the SS position and allows iggy another year to develop his offensive game. plus if he doesn't work out we can just slot iggy back in the lineup and trade drew.

this can only help us..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there an article that you are discussing? Where is it?

[/QUOTE]

piker

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there an article that you are discussing? Where is it?

[/QUOTE]

It was deleted, apparently along with one of your many aliases.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JD Drew is Audie Murphy compared to Ellspuff.

[/QUOTE]

More drive by drivel from softhead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think S. Drew will bat around .260 with 15 HRs and 55 RBIs in 2013. 

Sections
Shortcuts