JD Drew the Hopeless One

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

JD Drew the Hopeless One

J.D Drew is pathetic, beyond pathetic. just admit a mistake Theo, and move on, and get a right fielder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: JD Drew the Hopeless One

Been saying that for weeks but people think he's going to have that month where he carries the team. HAHAHA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The carrying just started LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Starting now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

The J stands for June. Seriously wait till the game is over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Same kind of hit that got CC going...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

so drew did get singles today including the game winning hit and 2 rbi. but we cant overlook the fact that he went 2 for 7, struck out 4 times, and got caught stealing. He now has 33 hits on the season and 35 k's. Please theo, get him out of here. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

please inform of who you plan replacing Drew with? and how are we to aquire him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: JD Drew the Hopeless One:
    [QUOTE]so drew did get singles today including the game winning hit and 2 rbi. but we cant overlook the fact that he went 2 for 7, struck out 4 times, and got caught stealing. He now has 33 hits on the season and 35 k's. Please theo, get him out of here. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]
    2/7 = .285

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The most life like thing he has done all season was try and steal a base last night - of course he got thrown out.  Personally I think he just dozed off at first and sort of slept-walked towards second.

Even Gammons and Remy on WEEI are finding it hard to say what they really feel about Drew at this point... tones, pauses, and the obvious search for the "right word," are dead giveaways.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The game-winning hit was a FB right down the middle with no movement, same pitch Moscoso threw on strike one.
    It was almost as if he were saying, here it is, hit it, let's get this game over with!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Maybe after 4 strikeouts the pitcher simply thought Drew would swing and miss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe after 4 strikeouts the pitcher simply thought Drew would swing and miss.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I don't care, the fact is, Drew hit it, game over.

What I don't understand is why supposed-Red Sox fans can't cheer the guy for having a big hit. If it's the only one he has all year, then fine, there will be plenty of time later to boo him.

But geez -- can't people take one day off from bashing the guy and cheer simply the Red Sox won.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Sorry I was thinking of the bigger picture, like us not making the play-offs because he is having the worse season of his career.  As for today than yes I am glad we won.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry I was thinking of the bigger picture, like us not making the play-offs because he is having the worse season of his career.  As for today than yes I am glad we won.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, the Red Sox playoff chances aren't going to come down to whether or not Drew has a good season. 

Don't get me wrong. While I understand the need for patience because the nature of baseball, but my patience with Drew is wearing thin. After a decent April, he batted just .188 in May. I was very happy to see him have the clutch hit, but if he stays hovering in the .220s in June with strikeouts and weak grounders all the time, then I'm all for finding a replacement for the second half of the season.

But he still plays excellent defense, so hopefully, he can get it together to be a decent bat in the bottom of the order. Whatever happens, I guarantee that you won't see him in the lineup regularly in the second half of the season if he's still batting in the .220s.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

"I don't care, the fact is, Drew hit it, game over.

What I don't understand is why supposed-Red Sox fans can't cheer the guy for having a big hit. If it's the only one he has all year, then fine, there will be plenty of time later to boo him.

But geez -- can't people take one day off from bashing the guy and cheer simply the Red Sox won."

I don't get it either Roy.  We won the game, why the need for all the criticism?  And as you said in another thread, why the need for all the blame whenever we lose a game?  Sometimes you just have to give credit to the to the other team for playing better.

Anyway, I love Drew, and always have.  He has been underwhelming this year at the plate for sure, but for the first four years he has been in Boston, he has earned his contract, or at least very close to his contract, despite what those in love with the RBI say.  His contract may turn out to be one year too long, but this year's not over with yet.  No matter how he ends up this year, as a whole, Drew was a very good signing, IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Replace him with the ball boy.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Oh man that was funny.  I still laugh.  I laugh later. hahaha.  I laugh again.

Really, every once in a while, when someone makes the suggestion to get rid of someone, I'd love to hear their suggestion for replacing him.  Seriously, is this a bash board or an opinion board?  750 players in the league, half of them hitters.  You can't name even one guy that you want to acquire?