J.D. Drew - Would you EVER resign?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Re: J.D. Drew - Would you EVER resign?

Can we all promise that this will be the last thread on JD Drew?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

yeah, for cheap $$ until Kalish is ready, he is still a good outfielder if not much else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to J.D. Drew - Would you EVER resign?:
    [QUOTE]Please be gentle as this is a legit question by someone who does not pay attention too much to the business behind the game.  Would any of you on the board consider resigning JD Drew if the contract were something that he deserved instead of the craziness that Theo brought upon us with his bloated contract?  Again, I am not armchair GM and will never claim to be but I was just curious what people's thoughts are as I have not heard this discussed much.
    Posted by ddimaria[/QUOTE]

Cant do it sorry, JD played out exactly like Trot did for us like many espected and it's time to let go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

JD Drew....sprained middle finger keeps him out of literally all of September...when the Sox desperately needed him...Lackey pitches with a torn elbow...Ortiz sits 10 days with heel bursitis even though he doesn't play the field and has to run a few times in 4 at bats in a game....Youkilis tries to play with 3 injuries...Ellsbury tries to play with broken ribs last year...Can't say I totally agree with some of the medical calls by the Sox doctors...or players calls for that matter. Lackey should never have been pitching, and Drew should have been out in that field in early September.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Have you seen Josh Hamilton, the guy is in big time pain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

This is one situation where the word "re-sign" should be used instead of "resign". The two words have opposite meanings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Thanks for beating the grammar police (Idiots2004) to the punch.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

No!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Res-signing Drew or even discussion of re-signing him demonstrates a lack of baseball knowedge on this board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

In Response to Re: J.D. Drew - Would you EVER resign?:
    [QUOTE]Res-signing Drew or even discussion of re-signing him demonstrates a lack of baseball knowedge on this board.
    Posted by soxfan1967[/QUOTE]

I think I was pretty up front about my lack of baseball knowledge actually.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm late to the party, but I have to say ... NFW.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Res-signing Drew or even discussion of re-signing him demonstrates a lack of baseball knowedge on this board.

Nice blanket statement.  Now, given that Drew is retired, it is a moot point.  But, I posted that I would re-sign him as a cheap back-up/mentor to Kalish/Reddick (that is, if they don't go outside to get a RF).  Lack of baseball knowledge?  I don't know.  Drew was the best Fenway RF since Dewey.  And it is a tricky spot out there.  Reddick had more than his share of goofs out there.  Unlikely scenario that, even if he weren't retired he would come back for dirt cheap, so it is kind of silly conjecture.  

Nevertheless, I challenge you to baseball-knowledge-off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Though I agree the Sox shouldn't re-sign Drew, I'd never suggest those who favor it demonstrate "a lack of baseball knowledge."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Waste a roster spot on a guy who can't stay healthy?

Waste a roster space on a guy who struggles to hit .260?

Waste a roster spot on a guy headng into his late 30's?

I guess most of you know the answer in your heart, when is it going to reach your brains?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Slow day on the BCD forum.

Trade Ellsbury.

Re-sign Drew

Sox don't win WS without a wildcard.

Semantical debate on the word "Rebuilding"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to J.D. Drew - Would you EVER resign?:
    [QUOTE]Please be gentle as this is a legit question by someone who does not pay attention too much to the business behind the game.  Would any of you on the board consider resigning JD Drew if the contract were something that he deserved instead of the craziness that Theo brought upon us with his bloated contract?  Again, I am not armchair GM and will never claim to be but I was just curious what people's thoughts are as I have not heard this discussed much.
    Posted by ddimaria[/QUOTE]

It just wouldn't do our team any good at all to bring Drew back.  JD was almost the mirror image of Trot Nixon when we signed him.  An often injured RF that needed to be platooned and hit in streaks.  After going through the final few years of Trot "who I liked" Theo should have seen the writing on the wall.  It was another bad "long term" signing that only gave us part time results.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

No - He's done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Not a waste of roster spot if he accepts less than 1.5 to 2 million dollars a year as a back up OF.  What is the difference that no one complain about having D-Mac, Veritek, Aviles, and Connor Jackson on the bench making from 750,000 to 2 million plus dollars.  Huh?  If Boston sign a RH RF via free agency or trade, then Drew can be let go cuz Kalish will be the 4th OF.  But if Reddick is trade with Youkilis, Lowrie, and Lar Anderson for pitchings at the same time Boston decide not to purse RF via free agency.  Then Boston need to sign Drew as a 4th OF while Kalish could be the starter.  I do not want D-Mac.  He is the third guy after Wakefield and Tek to be let go!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I don't care if he'll play for $37.50.  He's not a guy you want your young players to emulate.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

They aren't even going to talk to him. Just like I hope they do the same with Varitek and Wakefield. Let them play for someone else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing he could teach is the fine art of getting caught looking. Please, lets just move on here.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]
     Nice post! This was just one of the more dreadful Theo acquisitions. Good riddance! Give somebody in the minors, who's paid his dues, a chance to make it to the "bigs".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care if he'll play for $37.50.  He's not a guy you want your young players to emulate.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Really?  Why?  He's not the most exciting player on the team and I'm no fan of Bible thumpers, but at least he doesn't cause disruption.  At least he isn't calling out players to the media, drinking beers in the dug out, sleeping around on his wife or trying to sleep with the wives of other players.

Baseball seems to be filled with some pretty questionable characters.