J.D. Drew

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

J.D. Drew

Can't believe there was a J.D. Drew sighting yesterday.  Actually got an RBI single and moved Lowrie over to third that led to the tying run.  Then, (and I noticed this on the replay) when Jacoby hit a 3 run homer in the 14th, Drew did not even react.  Didn't raise his hands, clap, get off the bench, nothing. No emotion at all.  Unbelieveable.  It was so Nomar like and it came in the same dugout as Nomar's.  Drew clearly doesn't care about baseball and this team.  He is just drawing a check and waiting to retire.  That being said, he is still a better option right now than Reddick, DMAC or Connor Jackson.  Thats the sad state of the Red Sox roster.  Thank you Theo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: J.D. Drew

Drew is a selfish player and always has been.  If we need him to win games, we're done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

How is Drew a selfish player? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

1) He doesn't play hurt

2) He plays for the money -- wouldn't sign with Philly originally and got Boras to lobby MLB for a different contract; his best numbers come on contract years, period.

3) When did you ever see him run into a wall for a fly ball?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i was going start a thread to suggest re signing him to 1 year 5 million (max) due to the lost year Kalish had with all the injuries. when healthy which is rare he is by far a better outfielder than reddick or Dmac.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

In Response to Re: J.D. Drew:
    i was going start a thread to suggest re signing him to 1 year 5 million (max) due to the lost year Kalish had with all the injuries. when healthy which is rare he is by far a better outfielder than reddick or Dmac.
    Posted by fourrings

wonderful suggestion. sounds like something dumbtheo would do.
    a smart person wouldn't even consider it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

How could you have any idea how he reacted to the homer? I saw him congratulate people in the dugout. Drew got big a hit and grounder last night. Not bad for a guy who has not played in forever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff185. Show jeff185's posts

It's sad to say but we need him right now in a big way

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]1) He doesn't play hurt 2) He plays for the money -- wouldn't sign with Philly originally and got Boras to lobby MLB for a different contract; his best numbers come on contract years, period. 3) When did you ever see him run into a wall for a fly ball?
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]1) Same could be said of Junior Griffey I suppose.

2) Jason Varitek whi is the team captain and highly thought of a as team first guy, had the same agent and also held out for one year after being drafted. BTW Boras to not lobby MLB. He sent his player to independent league baseball because he thought the Phillies offer was too low. MLB never intervened and wished Boras no success in creating any leverage for players in the amateur draft. 

3) Selective memory. One of Drew's trips to the DL was caused by a collision with the bullpen wall.

Lot's of wonderful things about Boston as sports city. The over reading of detail to come to far reaching judgement IMHO is not one of them. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Compared to Crawful, I am big David Jonathan Drew fan

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

How could you have any idea how he reacted to the homer? I saw him congratulate people in the dugout. Drew got big a hit and grounder last night. Not bad for a guy who has not played in forever.
    Posted by antiqueman1

They showed a replay of the dugout as the ball was being hit and the reaction of the team when it became a HR.  Everyone in dugout was excited, jumping up and down.  Drew never moved and said nothing.  Just like his reaction last year or the year before (I forget which year) when Ells stole home against the Yankees and Drew was at the plate.  No reaction at all.  The man doesn't care.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to J.D. Drew:
    [QUOTE]Can't believe there was a J.D. Drew sighting yesterday.  Actually got an RBI single and moved Lowrie over to third that led to the tying run.  Then, (and I noticed this on the replay) when Jacoby hit a 3 run homer in the 14th, Drew did not even react.  Didn't raise his hands, clap, get off the bench, nothing. No emotion at all.  Unbelieveable.  It was so Nomar like and it came in the same dugout as Nomar's.  Drew clearly doesn't care about baseball and this team.  He is just drawing a check and waiting to retire.  That being said, he is still a better option right now than Reddick, DMAC or Connor Jackson.  Thats the sad state of the Red Sox roster.  Thank you Theo.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say thank you Theo before the season started????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

We can only hope that JD gets  hot  for  the  next   2-3  weeks on his farewell tour.   2  of 3 is a necessity  in Baltimore - Go Sox !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]i was going start a thread to suggest re signing him to 1 year 5 million (max) due to the lost year Kalish had with all the injuries. when healthy which is rare he is by far a better outfielder than reddick or Dmac.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you about Drew's defensive contribution.  He is a much better outfielder than Reddick.  Maybe Kalish will be back next season.  He is much better than Reddick. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

Splendid,
    Just because a guy doesn't show much emotion, isn't an indication he doesn't care. He's just an unemotional person, period. Prior to yesterday's game, when have you seen J.D. Drew get overly emotional about anything since he's been with the sox. It's obvious you can't stand the guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He is playing hurt - broken finger. 

He's a professional and has the right to play for the highest bidder.

This is a contract year for JD - I hardly think it's one of his best.

I'm by far not a JD drew fan, but none of the things you've posted about him are true.  Just because he's stoic and unemotional doesn't mean he doesn't care or isn't trying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

check out the diamondbacks- parra diving into a wall, up 6-1.

Sections
Shortcuts