Jealous No talent Sports writers and Jacoby Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Re: Jealous No talent Sports writers and Jacoby Ellsbury

Last year's criticism of Ellsbury was attributed to a difference of opinion on where the rehab should have been and that was from Youk. How else was critical of Ellsbury. On this forum only one poster was a basher of Ellsbury. Aren't you overstating the problem?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I really hated it when Williams and Rice were shipped out of town.

I think journalists mostly are responsible for making bad situations worse.

Examples ,Nomar was a b*tch until Julio Lugo turned into public enemy no.1 until Manny Ramirez pushed a travelling secretary  until John Lackey had the audacity to pitch poorly until a group of gluttonous beer drinkers had the nerve to consume fried chicken in the clubhouse.

I think being a Boston Red Sox now means you have to be a holy saint and live totally without sin, or the Globe and Herald will make you seem like outlaws because obviously these sportwriters are next in line to be the pope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnpanzer1. Show johnpanzer1's posts

In Response to Re: Jealous No talent Sports writers and Jacoby Ellsbury:
    [QUOTE]Last year's criticism of Ellsbury was attributed to a difference of opinion on where the rehab should have been and that was from Youk. How else was critical of Ellsbury. On this forum only one poster was a basher of Ellsbury. Aren't you overstating the problem?
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]

Obviously every guy that carries the same resentment is afraid that I am.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It's all about sensationalism. Writers that just print the facts, without injecting some undue bias or unfounded conjecture, don't get noticed.
    The race to the pulitzer trumps any honest, objective reporting. Should we be surprised by this? No. It happnes everyday on the mainstream news.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnpanzer1. Show johnpanzer1's posts

Jealous No talent Sports writers and Jacoby Ellsbury

This isn't new. Most sports writers/media men, and I mean men, resent the very athletes they are charged to write about. They wish they had the talent to be out there doing it. The latest victim of their resentment? Jacoby Ellsbury. Its interesting who they villify, and have the gal/insanity to tell us, these players are dogging it, not worth our time and ought to shipped out of town, over the years, just on the Red Sox alone! Ted Williams, Jim Rice, and now Jacoby Ellsbury. 

The only story here is angry resentful insecure mostly male, non-athletes, posing as journalists. If Ellsbury leaves town someday - we the fans have a story about those so-called journalists, its their fault. In case you so called journalists haven't noticed, we see talent, love the guy and stand behind him, as we did Rice, as we did Williams. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What story? 

Sports writers look for all kinds of stories about all kinds of athletes, and often the stories can be negative because sometimes the truth is not so pleasant.  I'm not where the jealousy angle fits in.  As I recall, Mark McGwire and other PED users got hit pretty hard in the press.  Was this all simply jealousy? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnpanzer1. Show johnpanzer1's posts

[QUOTE]What story?  Sports writers look for all kinds of stories about all kinds of athletes, and often the stories can be negative because sometimes the truth is not so pleasant.  I'm not where the jealousy angle fits in.  As I recall, Mark McGwire and other PED users got hit pretty hard in the press.  Was this all simply jealousy? 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

You're equating Mark McGwire to Jacoby Ellsbury? How does PED use have anything to do with the continual attacks last year on Ellsbury? Your argument fails.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

A ton of people bashed Ellsbury last year on here. You know who you are even though you have now jumped back in his corner. Sad really how many would deny it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jealous No talent Sports writers and Jacoby Ellsbury : You're equating Mark McGwire to Jacoby Ellsbury? How does PED use have anything to do with the continual attacks last year on Ellsbury? Your argument fails.
    Posted by johnpanzer1[/QUOTE]

This is about last year's stories?  I was one of Ellsbury's biggests defenders and still am, but fail to see where jealousy comes in.  What the reporters found out was that many of the players agreed with Youk, who loudly exclaimed that Jake was wrong to leave the team and go to Arizona--an action, FWIW, I agreed with last year and this year.  The worst place for Jake to be was on that bench.

I say again, those stories weren't written out of jealousy but out of the natural and inevitable desire of any reporter to tell whatever stories are available.  This one was made even more interesting by what seemed to be a failure on the part of the Red Sox medical staff. 

Yes, some of the reporters, notably Peter Abraham, took sides and opined that maybe Jake was in the wrong.  But that too is inevitable and doesn't depend on jealousy. 

Jake is a public figure, and public figures, especially Red Sox players in Boston, are fair game. 

Ellsbury has turned the tables on all the naysayers, so I really don't see anything to whine about.  He has emerged triumphant, and all the brickbats of 2010 only make the triumph that much sweeter, to say nothing of the future paychecks he has now earned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

I was on this forum almost every day for two years and only one poster was always bashing Ellsbury and that was Softlaw.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Williams and Rice were shipped out of town??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Jacoby Ellsbury retreated to the Athletes' Performance Institute and emerged a 32-homerun, 105-RBI, .928-OPS hitter.

Something went right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

HGH

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Is there any way to do an inquiry/search of last years posts?  There were MANY people bashing him.  I was debating with several people.

Of course a few of them could have been just 1 person, as Law goes by MANY different names just so he doesn't get put on "ingnore" by everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

[QUOTE]I was on this forum almost every day for two years and only one poster was always bashing Ellsbury and that was Softlaw.
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]

Spot on.  As a matter of fact, there were many posters and members of the media who predicted a comeback year for Ells.

Few, however, predicted a comeback of this magnitude.

Great year.  Good for him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

We all tend  to comment  based on what's in front of the headlights...

Jacoby played 18 games in 2010 ..   Fact..
    Jacoby had an MVP season in 2011.

We hear rumor and conjecture on tv, radio and in print and we comment.
    We  don't  really know what Youk said to jake,  If Jake  hates his teammates. If Lackey    had personal issues that tormented him all season along with a bad elbow..

If the writers all did  stories  about the game innings  1-9   and offered no opinions or other stories,  they'd be out of a job.