JED LOWRIE, AS DAD WOULD SAY.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JED LOWRIE, AS DAD WOULD SAY.......

"SON, THAT YOUNG MAN IS A HITTER, I LIKE HIS SWING" !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: JED LOWRIE, AS DAD WOULD SAY.......

Dollar to a donut he sits, and Scutaro plays tomorrow!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

I look forward to Softy (BaseballGM) writing an 8 paragraph manifesto, dissecting Lowrie's 8th inning strikeout and using it as justification to prove that Lowrie is not an "everyday" player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: JED LOWRIE, AS DAD WOULD SAY.......:
    [QUOTE]Dollar to a donut he sits, and Scutaro plays tomorrow!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]   THATS BASICLY WHAT A DONUT $$$$ TODAY !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]I look forward to Softy (BaseballGM) writing an 8 paragraph manifesto, dissecting Lowrie's 8th inning strikeout and using it as justification to prove that Lowrie is not an "everyday" player.
    Posted by Calmy[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's any question that Lowrie needs to be in the line-up Calmy. the question is, what's Francona going to do with Scutaro? Lowrie is certainly the more versatile, but I suppose Scut could do it. Francona is non-confrontational and will try to please them both, but that strategy usually ends badly.
    The Sox need to consider trading Scutaro for a veteran 3rd catcher, IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He's hot right now, but I wouldn't be trading Scutaro too soon.

Lowrie has had some injury issues and hasn't played a full season yet.

You have to have insurance, just in case.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JED LOWRIE, AS DAD WOULD SAY....... : I don't think there's any question that Lowrie needs to be in the line-up Calmy. the question is, what's Francona going to do with Scutaro? Lowrie is certainly the more versatile, but I suppose Scut could do it. Francona is non-confrontational and will try to please them both, but that strategy usually ends badly. The Sox need to consider trading Scutaro for a veteran 3rd catcher, IMO.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

No way! Lowrie is hot, but he's not gonna hit .500 all year. You trade Scutaro for a third catcher and who is going to back up the infield? I like it the way it is now, between Lowrie and Scutaro the team has a lot of flexibility. Let Francona play the hot hand, and use the other one to rest youk, pedroia, Gonzalez (through some rotation) occassionally.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]He's hot right now, but I wouldn't be trading Scutaro too soon. Lowrie has had some injury issues and hasn't played a full season yet. You have to have insurance, just in case.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]  AS DAD WOULD SAY............. "SON, YOU WILL NEED THEM ALL ALONG THE WAY" !!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Francona has to keep Lowrie in the lineup, at least until he and the team cool off.  But that does not mean he has taken Scutaro's job away yet.  Lowrie and Scutaro could be in tomorrow's lineup.  Lowrie could be at 1B, 2B, 3B or DH, who knows?

That said.  I have wanted Lowrie to be the everyday SS since winter, and think Scutaro should be the backup IFer, a role he has played most of his career.  Don't care about who earns more money.  And, no, I wouldn't trade Scutaro right now.  Salty needs more time, Lowrie has never played a full season, and the Sox have no one else to fill the utility role.

All that might change by June (Navarro could prove to be the utility guy, Salty could still be hitting below the Mendoza line with Tek still calling games with an ERA of 2+ differential, and Scutaro could be troublesome with too much time on the bench) but it is a wait and see game now...especially with the team winning 3 of the last 4 games!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Would that surprise you? When you have a manager that is clueless don't be shocked by anything he does.

[QUOTE]Dollar to a donut he sits, and Scutaro plays tomorrow!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

How much nicer and better had last year been with Lowrie on the bench all year.

Lowrie has produced at every level.
    He is the reason why the RS were moving Ramirez to the OF just before the Lowell/Beckett trade.

Lowrie performed as the starting SS in '08 until he got hurt.

He has had ONE injury MONO is not an injury.

Scutaro may play tomorrow.
    However if Lowrie has better stats than Scutaro vs the opposing pitcher he won't and if the match up does not work he won't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]How much nicer and better had last year been with Lowrie on the bench all year. Lowrie has produced at every level. He is the reason why the RS were moving Ramirez to the OF just before the Lowell/Beckett trade. Lowrie performed as the starting SS in '08 until he got hurt. He has had ONE injury MONO is not an injury. Scutaro may play tomorrow. However if Lowrie has better stats than Scutaro vs the opposing pitcher he won't and if the match up does not work he won't.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]
    that nice weather in Florida must make you forget about his wrist issues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

GUYS, JED IS THE REAL DEAL.....SWEET SWING !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Jed has been doing the job as a run producer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]He's hot right now, but I wouldn't be trading Scutaro too soon. Lowrie has had some injury issues and hasn't played a full season yet. You have to have insurance, just in case.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]ZILLY.....OH GREAT ONE !!!   WE MAY HAVE TO INCLUDE SCUTARO IN A TRADE FOR A CATCHER .......  YA THINK ???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

BILL, what would youd dad say about your buddy, softy, bashing Jed still?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He'd say, "Son, find yourself a new friend."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]BILL, what would youd dad say about your buddy, softy, bashing Jed still?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE MOONMAN,   THAT REMINDS ME, WHERE HAS SOFTY GONE ??  OR, UNDER A NEW NAME !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JED LOWRIE, AS DAD WOULD SAY....... : [QUOTE]BILL, what would youd dad say about your buddy, softy, bashing Jed still? Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE MOONMAN,   THAT REMINDS ME, WHERE HAS SOFTY GONE ??  OR, UNDER A NEW NAME !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

He shouldn't be too hard to find. Just look for anyone who still bashes Lowrie. It might be baseballGM or something like that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I hava a theory that the intangibles have much more to do with a player's success percentage than most people think. For example, how do we explain Pedroia without looking at intangibles. Without his inner confidence, his striving for excellence, his intelligence, his joy in playing the game, his ability to overcome fear of failure etc.. would he be anywhere near the same player? I think not.

If Youk didn't have 20/11 vision and extreme competitiveness would he be nearly the same player? No, almost certainly.

What does Lowrie have? I would say probably intelligence most of all. He learned from the coaching staff in the minors, starting off badly but putting it all together in AA to start to dominate. His stroke is decent from both sides of the plate. He doesn't overswing. Short quick path to the ball. Not a lot of movement. Drives the ball well without having to overswing. That swing enables him to compensate well for off speed stuff. And his approach seems to adjust well during each at bat even. He knows what he is trying to do against each pitcher, in each situation and he can adjust well during each at bat if necessary.

He has a thicker body now, with even more pop. He's probably been working out because he knows he needs to deal with the knocks he is going to get all year.

I actually like him as a 3rd baseman but he is an ideal supersub. The team doesn't lose any performance drop when he's in there and look at the roster flexibility he give us also. Look at how many times players have to play through injuries because that team doesn't have a Lowrie who can step in like that. Lowrie is huge for this team. Helping to keep the entire infield healthy and covering our behinds when we do lose a key infield player.

Lowrie is a tremendous asset for any team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I hava a theory that the intangibles have much more to do with a player's success percentage than most people think. For example, how do we explain Pedroia without looking at intangibles. Without his inner confidence, his striving for excellence, his intelligence, his joy in playing the game, his ability to overcome fear of failure etc.. would he be anywhere near the same player? I think not. If Youk didn't have 20/11 vision and extreme competitiveness would he be nearly the same player? No, almost certainly. What does Lowrie have? I would say probably intelligence most of all. He learned from the coaching staff in the minors, starting off badly but putting it all together in AA to start to dominate. His stroke is decent from both sides of the plate. He doesn't overswing. Short quick path to the ball. Not a lot of movement. Drives the ball well without having to overswing. That swing enables him to compensate well for off speed stuff. And his approach seems to adjust well during each at bat even. He knows what he is trying to do against each pitcher, in each situation and he can adjust well during each at bat if necessary. He has a thicker body now, with even more pop. He's probably been working out because he knows he needs to deal with the knocks he is going to get all year. I actually like him as a 3rd baseman but he is an ideal supersub. The team doesn't lose any performance drop when he's in there and look at the roster flexibility he give us also. Look at how many times players have to play through injuries because that team doesn't have a Lowrie who can step in like that. Lowrie is huge for this team. Helping to keep the entire infield healthy and covering our behinds when we do lose a key infield player. Lowrie is a tremendous asset for any team.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]  WELL SAID !!!  SMART PLAYER, SMOOTH SWING.....  USES THE ENTIRE FIELD AND DOES NOT OVER SWING AS WE SAW FROM SO MANY IN THE 0-7 START AS THEY WERE ALL TRYING TO GO "YARD" !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m