Jed Lowrie Elite MLB SS Watch this Clip!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Jed Lowrie Elite MLB SS Watch this Clip!

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_05_21_chnmlb_bosmlb_1&mode=wrap&c_id=mlb#continue

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Re: Jed Lowrie Elite MLB SS Watch this Clip!

Lowrie v. RHP (most pitchers) BA .242 OBP .311 SLG .330

Watch that clip, supra, and get a glimpse of an elite MLB SS..............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

"Lowrie is an elite MLB SS" Tom-UK '08 '09 '10 '11

Career BA .267 16 homers in 4 years and a butcher with a dull knife at SS 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

He didn't play much in 2010, and hasn't played but a month or two, this year. Tom, Jed's not an elite MLB SS, watch that clip of a spastic bean pole.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

2010 + 2011 wOBA

Tulo    .396
    Jed     .378
    SDrew .353
    Furcal .352
    HRam .351
    Reyes .338
    BHall   .328                     

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

LETS not start with the lowrie bashing. he's been more than adequate defensively and his hitting clearly makes up for any deficiencies. as i stated in a thread recently, we should get reyes in a trade if we can get a long term deal. lowrie is best if played at second but we have a guy named pedroia there. it is what it is. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Jed Lowrie Elite MLB SS Watch this Clip!:
    He didn't play much in 2010, and hasn't played but a month or two, this year. Tom, Jed's not an elite MLB SS, watch that clip of a spastic bean pole.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Mystery is solved. You are posting at 4 a.m. EST which is 1 a.m. in Charlotte, Oregon. Are you a neighbor of Harness?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Softred - you are a smart man.  why do you get so myopic when assessing a baseball player's abilities?  I understand you have an agenda, but it is very easy to find fault with any ballplayer.  Baseball is a game of failure.  There is no perfection.  A player that does not have serious flaws is a rare gem.  We celebrate them.  But I don't understand you beef with Lowrie.  Yes, he has flaws in the field.  He botches balls more than "elite" shortstops.  Conversely, i have watched him make some tremendous plays.  The verdict is of course still out on his offense, as he hasn't put together even one full season yet.  But, can you not appreciate what he has brought to the table thus far in 2011?  So funny with your Ells and Lowrie fixation.  You want to somehow prove people wrong for a stance that no is really taking.  Yes, some idiotic, ridiculous, moronic Sox fans might get a touch over-excited when a guy looks like he might be breaking through.  Go figure.  No, Ellsbury isn't the second coming as someone may have suggested in the fall of 07.  No Lowries is not an "elite' SS.  But why are you so hung up on that?  You might be able to have some fun watching these guys do some good things if you weren't so obsessed with shouting down people that are having fun watching them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

With the exception of Tulo, Hanley, or Jose Reyes, I wouldn't rank any SS that far and away better than Lowrie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by SoxSoldRed

OCD??????

Now SoxSoldRed is having nightmares about Lowrie & Ells.....

3:30 a.m. EDT

Also....  Notice how SoldRed / GM / majorleague / Softy? / who cares perseverates on what ONE Red Sox fan had to say.........  Nobody, including UK claims that Lowrie is an elite DEFENSIVE SS.......  However, when you consider his Offensive PRODUCTION he is clearly having a VERY GOOD season as an MLB SS! 

We could argue stats ALL DAY LONG with GM / SSR / magorleague & get absolutely nowhere....  The guy is clearly OCD / bitter / angry because HE BLEW A COUPLE OF PREDICTIONS on Lowrie, Ells., etc. & he CAN'T HANDLE BEING WRONG!!!!! 

HIS INITIAL prognostication was that both Lowrie & Ells. were ALL AROUND bottom tier players for their respective positions...  Of course, his fringe opinions were pretty easily debunked during the pre-season....  Now, almost 2 months into the season, BOTH PLAYERS (Ells. & Lowrie) are having excellent seasons.  Their CLEAR SUCCESS this season is driving poor SoxSoldRed??? absolutely NUTS!!!  He simply can't handle being proven wrong!  ONLY A NON -
    SOX fan could continue to dog 2 or OUR OWN top performers this season!!!!!  Both Ells. & Lowrie have been INVALUABLE in so far as keeping the Sox alive in the AL East during a HORRIFIC team start...  Only a Red Sox HATER could continue to attack these 2 guys!

The ONLY other explanation is........  that this guy is SO NARCISSISTIC THAT HE SIMPLY CAN NOT HANDLE BEING WRONG, & WILL CONTINUE GRASPING A STRAWS TO FIND ANY HOLE IN THEIR GAMES.....

Sorry GM!  But you are really losing it!  Get some sleep big guy!  Being wrong is not a sign of weakness, but the inability to admit (even to yourself) when you are clearly wrong is MORE THAN A SIGN OF WEAKNESS! 

:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

So SoxSoldRed......  Are you a Red Sox fan?  PERIOD!  ARE YOU?  WHY?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Softred - you are a smart man.  why do you get so myopic when assessing a baseball player's abilities?  I understand you have an agenda, but it is very easy to find fault with any ballplayer.  Baseball is a game of failure.  There is no perfection.  A player that does not have serious flaws is a rare gem.  We celebrate them.  But I don't understand you beef with Lowrie.  Yes, he has flaws in the field.  He botches balls more than "elite" shortstops.  Conversely, i have watched him make some tremendous plays.  The verdict is of course still out on his offense, as he hasn't put together even one full season yet.  But, can you not appreciate what he has brought to the table thus far in 2011?  So funny with your Ells and Lowrie fixation.  You want to somehow prove people wrong for a stance that no is really taking.  Yes, some idiotic, ridiculous, moronic Sox fans might get a touch over-excited when a guy looks like he might be breaking through.  Go figure.  No, Ellsbury isn't the second coming as someone may have suggested in the fall of 07.  No Lowries is not an "elite' SS.  But why are you so hung up on that?  You might be able to have some fun watching these guys do some good things if you weren't so obsessed with shouting down people that are having fun watching them.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

That's an excellent post.

Pity it's been wasted on someone who lacks the intestinal fortitude to give you any kind of response.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Obviously he loves the team so much he can't stand to see it disgraced by terrible players like Lowrie and Els, once he's rid his beloved Sox of terrible those players he'll be able to move onto the pathetic Youk and Gonzo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Space, Tom made the claim of "elite MLB SS". The fact is that Lowrie is highly overrated and not everyday SS material. He is not adequate defensively as an everday SS. He also is a weak hitter v. RHP, with a ton of stirkeouts and few walks and a BA in the .240's and a low OBP. He is a butcher with the glove.

It's very important that the Lowrie "great hitter/SS" myth is debunked.

It was very imporant that the Ellsbury gold glover and on-base machine myth be debunked, in the spring of 2008.

Truth is very important, and pride and prejudice is why certain players are popular and overrated. The media doesn't do anything but try and sell ads and feed the popularity meter and reflect the same hate on players that aren't popular.

Space, do I need your permission to tell the truth. I don't think so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billsrul. Show billsrul's posts

A few things:

First, there are many starters in MLB who are just average hitters against RHP, and boost their stats by killing left-handers.  Delmon Young is a great example of this.

Second, MLB hitting averages are way down.  The AL OPS this year is only .712 (.320 OBP/.392 SLG).  For Lowrie to OPS .650 against righties isn't actually that bad for a SS, considering the offensive black holes throughout the league.

Third, it's a little unfair to judge lowrie on just his 100 PA this year.  Last year, Lowrie had an OPS of .843 I believe vs. right-handers.  However, Lowrie is showing a very disturbing trend of swinging at pitches outside the strike zone (30% this year, combined with 20% in previous years).  We'll see if he can fix that; he's inexperienced so he certainly has the potential to make the adjustments. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Jed Lowrie Elite MLB SS Watch this Clip! : OCD?????? Now SoxSoldRed is having nightmares about Lowrie & Ells..... 3:30 a.m. EDT Also....  Notice how SoldRed / GM / majorleague / Softy? / who cares perseverates on what ONE Red Sox fan had to say.........  Nobody, including UK claims that Lowrie is an elite DEFENSIVE SS.......  However, when you consider his Offensive PRODUCTION he is clearly having a VERY GOOD season as an MLB SS!  We could argue stats ALL DAY LONG with GM / SSR / magorleague & get absolutely nowhere....  The guy is clearly OCD / bitter / angry because HE BLEW A COUPLE OF PREDICTIONS on Lowrie, Ells., etc. & he CAN'T HANDLE BEING WRONG!!!!!  HIS INITIAL prognostication was that both Lowrie & Ells. were ALL AROUND bottom tier players for their respective positions...  Of course, his fringe opinions were pretty easily debunked during the pre-season....  Now, almost 2 months into the season, BOTH PLAYERS (Ells. & Lowrie) are having excellent seasons.  Their CLEAR SUCCESS this season is driving poor SoxSoldRed??? absolutely NUTS!!!  He simply can't handle being proven wrong!  ONLY A NON - SOX fan could continue to dog 2 or OUR OWN top performers this season!!!!!  Both Ells. & Lowrie have been INVALUABLE in so far as keeping the Sox alive in the AL East during a HORRIFIC team start...  Only a Red Sox HATER could continue to attack these 2 guys! The ONLY other explanation is........  that this guy is SO NARCISSISTIC THAT HE SIMPLY CAN NOT HANDLE BEING WRONG, & WILL CONTINUE GRASPING A STRAWS TO FIND ANY HOLE IN THEIR GAMES..... Sorry GM!  But you are really losing it!  Get some sleep big guy!  Being wrong is not a sign of weakness, but the inability to admit (even to yourself) when you are clearly wrong is MORE THAN A SIGN OF WEAKNESS!  :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

THis is the same idiot who said we should give Crawford the "lugo" treatment...what treatment should he get after today SoxSoldRed??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

He should get the Lugo treatment, after today. Take a look at his 20M being paid for his lousy defensive effort and pitiful BA and OBP. Today, an idiot like you could have had a few hits.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

He should get the Lugo treatment, after today. Take a look at his 20M being paid for his lousy defensive effort and pitiful BA and OBP. Today, an idiot like you could have had a few hits.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Of course, if he went 5 for 5, you would be posting about how useless Lowrie's hits were in a blowout.  Since I haven't reviewed all the threads, I wonder if you made the same claim about Carl Crawford's 4 for 4 elsewhere in the forum.  If not, you probably will, and not give me credit for planting the idea. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Space, Tom made the claim of "elite MLB SS". The fact is that Lowrie is highly overrated and not everyday SS material. He is not adequate defensively as an everday SS. He also is a weak hitter v. RHP, with a ton of stirkeouts and few walks and a BA in the .240's and a low OBP. He is a butcher with the glove. It's very important that the Lowrie "great hitter/SS" myth is debunked. It was very imporant that the Ellsbury gold glover and on-base machine myth be debunked, in the spring of 2008. Truth is very important, and pride and prejudice is why certain players are popular and overrated. The media doesn't do anything but try and sell ads and feed the popularity meter and reflect the same hate on players that aren't popular. Space, do I need your permission to tell the truth. I don't think so.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

I can understand the media part about selling ads, but what is your motivation for reflecting hate on players that are popular (Ellsbury) or just liked because they perform adequately for the home team (Lowrie)?  

Don't answer.  I already know what a burden it is to be so hyper intuitive, and in the name of truth, be the standard bearer of unperceived irrealities. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Space, Tom made the claim of "elite MLB SS". The fact is that Lowrie is highly overrated and not everyday SS material. He is not adequate defensively as an everday SS. He also is a weak hitter v. RHP, with a ton of stirkeouts and few walks and a BA in the .240's and a low OBP. He is a butcher with the glove. It's very important that the Lowrie "great hitter/SS" myth is debunked. It was very imporant that the Ellsbury gold glover and on-base machine myth be debunked, in the spring of 2008. Truth is very important, and pride and prejudice is why certain players are popular and overrated. The media doesn't do anything but try and sell ads and feed the popularity meter and reflect the same hate on players that aren't popular. Space, do I need your permission to tell the truth. I don't think so.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Why is it important that the myth be debunked?  I don't get the point.  OK...He is not an elite ss.  Ok, he is not a great hitter.  Now that we have confirmed that, put him in the lineup, bat him 7th and leave him alone.  He is performing just fine for a #7 hitter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Who cares!!!!!   GREAT HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

It's very important that the Lowrie "great hitter/SS" myth is debunked. It was very imporant that the Ellsbury gold glover and on-base machine myth be debunked, in the spring of 2008.

In Response to Re: Jed Lowrie Elite MLB SS Watch this Clip! : Why is it important that the myth be debunked?  I don't get the point.  OK...He is not an elite ss.  Ok, he is not a great hitter.  Now that we have confirmed that, put him in the lineup, bat him 7th and leave him alone.  He is performing just fine for a #7 hitter.
    Posted by jimdavis

You just don't get it, do you, JD?  These are the questions of our times.  Lots more posting space needs to be devoted to this lest we live our lives content with a flawed centerfielder and shortstop.  Any and all options would have been preferred including the great Eric Patterson (softy actually argued for Patterson on the roster last year over Lowrie). 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I can't speak for Softy, but Patterson was out of options and Lowrie wasn't. Before roster expansion, Lowrie should have been parked in AAA, called up for roster expansion. The time period was all of a week or two.

Los, did you want that clip?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

I dont get it either. last year he was just as bad as you probably remember. claiming Bill hall was a better player and that Lowrie was just a pretty boy. Calling francona racist for playing a "pretty boy ivory tower' over good solid hitting, perfect fielding bill hall

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

I can't speak for Softy, but Patterson was out of options and Lowrie wasn't. Before roster expansion, Lowrie should have been parked in AAA, called up for roster expansion. The time period was all of a week or two. Los, did you want that clip?
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

him and his .287 average should be on a AAA bench? while .225 hitting Patterson should be in the majors?. they had it right I thought. Bill hall and D Mac in the outfield and lowrie in the infield (Hall as well when lowrie needed off) 
    Which according to you was every other day. But I forgot you are the expert on Mono and Rib injuries. 

Sections
Shortcuts