JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY..........

I SEE IT COMING !!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY..........

Jed's headed to Boras to make sure he gets the right angled MRI's. After that, he'll rehab at Boras' API and be ready for 2012.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY..........:
    [QUOTE]Jed's headed to Boras to make sure he gets the right angled MRI's. After that, he'll rehab at Boras' API and be ready for 2012.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]  IS THAT YOU, SOFTY ????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

It's certainly possible Bill, but I'm leaning towards Navarro at this point (who's finally off of the DL).  Neither of them have been doing anything offensively lately (though in Navarro's case, that's only 1 game), so I don't believe playing the hot hand will factor into this decision.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Jed's headed to Boras to make sure he gets the right angled MRI's. After that, he'll rehab at Boras' API and be ready for 2012.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

so says the red sox hater.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]DEREK JETER
    Posted by 26RINGSANDCOUTING[/QUOTE]I WANT REYES! I WANT REYES!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Good post, JB. Lowrie hasn't done anything lately, so I'm leaning to either Iggy, Navy or Wally.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Let Ig stay in the minors. Sutton up as our backup, Scut to start. It's been clear Lowrie wasn't 100%, and if he can't even swing anymore, what good is he? Let the guy rehab.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Drew Sutton would get the call. Can play more positions than Iggy and Navarro needs some ABs coming off of the DL to see if a trip from AAA to MLB makes any sense, Iggy could hit water if fell out of a boat in AAA so what does he gain watching Scutaro play?

Sutton is a classic utility profile, did OK his last time up and if Lowrie hits the DL they can call him back up without the usual waiting period.

It would be Sutton IMHO.

Just my take

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Sutton is a bad baseball player, in every aspect. Navy or Iggy should get the call. If you can play SS adequately, folks, you can play anywhere in the IF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Sutton is an adequate fill-in; hardly a bad baseball player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Drew Sutton would get the call. Can play more positions than Iggy and Navarro needs some ABs coming off of the DL to see if a trip from AAA to MLB makes any sense, Iggy could hit water if fell out of a boat in AAA so what does he gain watching Scutaro play? Sutton is a classic utility profile, did OK his last time up and if Lowrie hits the DL they can call him back up without the usual waiting period. It would be Sutton IMHO. Just my take
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

A couple questions:

1) How many positions do you want the replacement (assuming Lowrie to the DL) to be able to play?  Navarro can handle 2B, SS and 3B.

2) What "usual waiting period" are you referring to?  The only one that I'm familiar with only pertains to service time.

No reason they can't call up Sutton for a week or so while Navarro gets AB's, and then send him down to bring Navarro up.  I had assumed (incorrectly) that Navarro had gone on a rehab assignment prior to getting back into games at AAA.  My apologies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Sutton has a career .299 OBP and is a butcher with a glove. He is a bad baseball player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY.......... : A couple questions: 1) How many positions do you want the replacement (assuming Lowrie to the DL) to be able to play?  Navarro can handle 2B, SS and 3B. 2) What "usual waiting period" are you referring to?  The only one that I'm familiar with only pertains to service time. No reason they can't call up Sutton for a week or so while Navarro gets AB's, and then send him down to bring Navarro up.  I had assumed (incorrectly) that Navarro had gone on a rehab assignment prior to getting back into games at AAA.  My apologies.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE] I haven't looked it up but I assumed since it is AAA he is rehabing on the job and did not go to Lowell. As far as multiple positions I was referring to Iggy, which it seems RS Nation can't wait to get here, his development as a player be damned, he can learn in MLB playing in friendly Boston and the very easy AL East after all.

All and all I personally am not a big fan of kids with high ceilings being called up to watch guys play. If Scut was scuffling since coming off of the DL it might be different. So I think veterans who have been utility guys in their career are better suited for the sporadic PT and prospects are better off getting 4-5 PAs a night.

Just a difference in opinion....

Just my take

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I completely agree that Iggy should only get the call if he's going to play every day.  I also agree that he isn't ready to play everyday.

It's common for minor leaguers to rehab at lower levels than where they were playing, I'm not sure why this didn't happen with Navarro.

The thing that kills me watching Scut play SS is that he can't make any of the throws that he used to make, which isn't his fault, but it makes him a liability at the position.  Also, using your logic, he's the perfect candidate to play part time since he's a veteran who has spent the majority of his career as a utility guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

My only point is that most teams have 4 outfielders, and the Sox have 5, which is why Youk finished tonight's game with a limp--no one left on the bench to play third. 

So I think the Sox will dump one outfielder--I vastly prefer keeping McDonald, but Cameron is getting bigger bucks--and bring up two infielders, Sutton and possibly Navarro.  I don't see Iglesias coming up unless for two or three games until Navarro is ready.  Navarro, FWIW, has been used in the outfield at Pawtucket, so he is pretty versatile, and he can hit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]My only point is that most teams have 4 outfielders, and the Sox have 5, which is why Youk finished tonight's game with a limp--no one left on the bench to play third.  So I think the Sox will dump one outfielder--I vastly prefer keeping McDonald, but Cameron is getting bigger bucks--and bring up two infielders, Sutton and possibly Navarro.  I don't see Iglesias coming up unless for two or three games until Navarro is ready.  Navarro, FWIW, has been used in the outfield at Pawtucket, so he is pretty versatile, and he can hit.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]It is a bit of a pickle in the IF when they have 5 OFers and more so now that the 1B can't swing to 1B, but they really do need need to find a platoon partner for Drew and Cameron just isn't rising to the occasion in PT play so far. Darnell sparking like he did in Pawtucket and having strong PAs tonight has to cement their trying to get by with a super utilty IF.

Not saying you are wrong BTW but I don't see Epstein DFAing Cameron or trading him while eating almost all of the contract to make room for a spare IF right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Sutton is a bad baseball player, in every aspect. Navy or Iggy should get the call. If you can play SS adequately, folks, you can play anywhere in the IF.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

anotherone on the the hate list.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

fivekatz, I'm sure you're right, but I still prefer six infielders to five outfielders. 

For the Iglesias fans, I say again--I would love to watch him play, but agree with the FO that he is not ready yet.  If Navarro is healed and ready, he is a much better choice. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY..........:
    [QUOTE]   I SEE IT COMING !!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ?????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Do you see the big picture?  Jose Reyes at the trading deadline and for the next 10 years we will not have to give shortstop a second thought.  The absolute ultimate payback to the Yanks for both the Arod debacle and the Teixiera deal.  And grab him before captain Jeter rides off into the sunset and the Yanks go after Reyes.  No more screwing around shortstop, do the right thing. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Lowrie on the DL will have zero impact. The guys a burtcher at SS and a career .258 hitter who happens to be slumping.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Odds are that Sutton will get the first call, then possibly Navarro.  But since Navarro has developed into a top-tier prospect in the organization, it doesn't make much sense to sit him on the bench.  He needs PA's too -- though not as desperately as does Iglesias.  Should Navarro be called up and given some healthy playing time, he might ( might ) be hard to dislodge.  Right now, he'll probably stay in Pawtucket in order to get back to where he was before the injury. The report that he and Kalish would rehab in Salem was apparently not accurate.  
    Long ago, when neither Bobby Lillis nor Don Zimmer was satisfactory at SS, the Dodgers called up Maury Wills. End of SS problem.
    Such things do happen.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Inter-league games are in play. Will need more bats and gloves. We have one automatic PH in Papi. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Pretty clear that this the final chapter on Theo's slugging SS attempt with Lowrie.

Go with Scutaro and call up Iggy and go with him regularly in close games in late innings and start him a couple of days a week. Navarro should be called up for roster expansion and readied for UIF duty for next year.

The best way to handle Iggy is to throw him in the deep end with water wings. Scutaro has been working with and they will make a good team. Tell Iggy that i's alright if he hits below Mendoza as long as he plays the kind of defense only he can play. Scutaro can pinch hit from the bench, behind in games, and Iggy can come into close games during late innings, for defensive purposes. Start Scutaro 5 games and Iggy 2 games out of 7. 

Cameron is still a solid OF defender, and as much as I like Mac there is no place for him on the roster. BA and OPS aren't very important for bench OF"er that don't play much, and both are hitting poorly. Mac looked good hitting for a day, but Cameron got a recent big hit off CC and can get some hits against LHP. Go wtih Cameron as the better defender and Mac will probably clear waivers and can be parked back in AAA. Lowrie can be parked on the bench as a pinch hitter and 2nd bench IF'er and used v. LHP and readied for his trade, this summer or this winter.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]DEREK JETER
    Posted by 26RINGSANDCOUTING[/QUOTE]

He hasn't had the range of a door mat in at least 5 years.