JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY..........

THE PITCHING STAFF CAN'T WAIT FOR IGGY TO BRING HIS GLOVE TO FENWAY PAAAAK !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

compared to LOWRIE, DREW is an iron man.
    i'd love to have IGLESIAS back on the club. IGGY NO POPP.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Good ol' dependable Jed Lowrie... well on his way to another incomplete season. Bravo suck-ups.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

ESPN is reporting that Sutton was removed from the Paw Sox game in the 7th inning to make the trip up to Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

As bad a Iglesias needs some big league exposure, it will be Sutton. The RS are too cautious, IMO, in bringing up their talent, sometimes at the expense of losing them in trades, or missing out on some very good young years. Look how long it took them with Buchholz. He was at the point of frustration and ready to go somewhere else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

when you say the SOX are too cautious in bringing up their talent, you are really pointing at THEO.

too bad THEO isn't as cautious when he signs free agents.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY..........:
    [QUOTE]Pretty clear that this the final chapter on Theo's slugging SS attempt with Lowrie. Go with Scutaro and call up Iggy and go with him regularly in close games in late innings and start him a couple of days a week. Navarro should be called up for roster expansion and readied for UIF duty for next year. The best way to handle Iggy is to throw him in the deep end with water wings. Scutaro has been working with and they will make a good team. Tell Iggy that i's alright if he hits below Mendoza as long as he plays the kind of defense only he can play. Scutaro can pinch hit from the bench, behind in games, and Iggy can come into close games during late innings, for defensive purposes. Start Scutaro 5 games and Iggy 2 games out of 7.  Cameron is still a solid OF defender, and as much as I like Mac there is no place for him on the roster. BA and OPS aren't very important for bench OF"er that don't play much, and both are hitting poorly. Mac looked good hitting for a day, but Cameron got a recent big hit off CC and can get some hits against LHP. Go wtih Cameron as the better defender and Mac will probably clear waivers and can be parked back in AAA. Lowrie can be parked on the bench as a pinch hitter and 2nd bench IF'er and used v. LHP and readied for his trade, this summer or this winter.  
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  The best path for Iggy is not to throw him in the deep end.  His D is obviously MLB ready.  But his hitting is not.  He can barely recognize pitches.  MLB pitchers wil eat him alive, destroy his confidence, create bad habits in him, and derail his progress.  He needs time to mature in the minors.  Thats what the minors are for.  Its easy to get starry for young guys.  But, his time will come.  I don't want to see him rushed, when he has zero plate discipline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

"Shortstop Jed Lowrie left the game in the first inning after swinging through a slider thrown by Price. He said later that he felt his left shoulder pop out briefly. The Sox reacted swiftly, pulling Drew Sutton out of the game in Pawtucket.

Terry Francona said Lowrie would be examined tomorrow. It certainly sounds like he's headed for the disabled list. Lowrie first injured his shoulder on May 29. He is 5 for 39 (.128) at the plate since with only 2 hits in his last 28 at-bats.

Marco Scutaro is going to prove very, very helpful to this team. There's a decent chance that Lowrie is going to be out for a while."

Those who predict Sutton have Theo's backing, those who want Iggy up right away do not.

Players need time to develop, Iggy is too young to throw into the shark pit that is the AL East every day and is too young to be a defensive sub. He stays in the minors. Sutton, who's career will ultimately pan out to be a utility man, comes up to be a utility man. It just, makes, sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

If you take a hundred guys that can't swim and throw them in water twenty feet deep all of them won't drown. If the Rays can play tandem with Brignac and Johnson at SS why can't we play Inglesias for a little while. Did you see anything with these (2) that gave any indication they could hit in the last 3 games out of the 9 hole. Brignac,  on the hit against Beckett, actually raised his average from.168 to .174 ....pretty heady stuff. If Inglesias could hit .175 now he'd be on par with these (2). If he got 18 hits in 100 AB he'd be a hero ...wouldn't he? Let him play, what are they afraid of? They're afraid of success.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]It's certainly possible Bill, but I'm leaning towards Navarro at this point (who's finally off of the DL).  Neither of them have been doing anything offensively lately (though in Navarro's case, that's only 1 game), so I don't believe playing the hot hand will factor into this decision.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

I agree, the Sox don't need to look for an outside fix at this point.  Iglesias with more playing time and Navarro have what it takes to help our cause.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

i agree; with iglesias you get a glove, but no bat. with sutton you get no glove and no bat.

but then again, theo is a "BOY GENIUS", and i'm just a bored poster. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]                             If you take a hundred guys that can't swim and throw them in water twenty feet deep all of them won't drown. If the Rays can play tandem with Brignac and Johnson at SS why can't we play Inglesias for a little while. Did you see anything with these (2) that gave any indication they could hit in the last 3 games out of the 9 hole. Brignac,  on the hit against Beckett, actually raised his average from.168 to .174 ....pretty heady stuff. If Inglesias could hit .175 now he'd be on par with these (2). If he got 18 hits in 100 AB he'd be a hero ...wouldn't he? Let him play, what are they afraid of? They're afraid of success.
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]
    Right now the Rays are 5.5 games back, .175 batting average isn't success, the Rays are not playing with a stacked organization, they're playing with what they have.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty clear that this the final chapter on Theo's slugging SS attempt with Lowrie. Go with Scutaro and call up Iggy and go with him regularly in close games in late innings and start him a couple of days a week. Navarro should be called up for roster expansion and readied for UIF duty for next year. The best way to handle Iggy is to throw him in the deep end with water wings. Scutaro has been working with and they will make a good team. Tell Iggy that i's alright if he hits below Mendoza as long as he plays the kind of defense only he can play. Scutaro can pinch hit from the bench, behind in games, and Iggy can come into close games during late innings, for defensive purposes. Start Scutaro 5 games and Iggy 2 games out of 7.  Cameron is still a solid OF defender, and as much as I like Mac there is no place for him on the roster. BA and OPS aren't very important for bench OF"er that don't play much, and both are hitting poorly. Mac looked good hitting for a day, but Cameron got a recent big hit off CC and can get some hits against LHP. Go wtih Cameron as the better defender and Mac will probably clear waivers and can be parked back in AAA. Lowrie can be parked on the bench as a pinch hitter and 2nd bench IF'er and used v. LHP and readied for his trade, this summer or this winter.  

wrong again it will be sutton

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN is reporting that Sutton was removed from the Paw Sox game in the 7th inning to make the trip up to Boston.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Yup..heard that about myself..good move. Navarro just got off DL..Let him get back a couple games then bring him up...Iggy is a LAST RESORT this year IMHO..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JED TO THE D L, IGG'Y ON HIS WAY.......... : Yup..heard that about myself..good move. Navarro just got off DL..Let him get back a couple games then bring him up...Iggy is a LAST RESORT this year IMHO..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

If Navarro is called up, he should get some playing time at SS instead of sitting on the bench. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Space, I don't think playing twice a week and regular defensive late innings work is going to "destory his confidence" when he's never going to be a hitter in the first place. You assume more minor league time will turn him into a fair OBP guy. It won't. You also falsely assume that a defensive whiz SS with a lot of range has to be more than a plate black hole. He doesn't. This is not a potential strong hitter who will be wrecked by playing with the big boys too soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

"Extremely fast bat speed, quick wrists. Compact swing. Impatient approach - a free swinger. He is able to bring his hands through the zone well. Although he is slight of build, there is some potential for him to have a little bit of pop. Minimal present power, but he has the ability to put a charge into the ball. The key offensively will be to sharpen his approach and try to hit to all fields. Right now he projects to end up as a #8 or #9 hitter in an offensive-minded lineup."

Jose is not projected to be a great hitter, or a good hitter, but a slightly below average one. Why rush him to turn him into a black hole when more minor league time would improve him. There is no reason to rush him, the current team we have is built to last, with an infusion of young talent later on, Jose can be part of that infusion, this is not a win now or win never team. Keeping Jose in the minors is better for the future of the club.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

With Scutaro playing well there is no need to bring Iglesias up unless he will play everyday.  Iggy is struggling at the plate and needs more time.  I am not a fan of rushing prospects seeing that they already have a guy in Scutaro who can play everyday.

I think they recall Sutten or maybe another guy who can play the utility role.  I would have been a fan of bringing back Bill Hall for the rest of the year before he signed with SF. 

Id be suprised if Iggy gets the call at this point in the season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubahero. Show ubahero's posts

I don't see the logic in saying that the minor leagues won't help a young hitter improve his game.  That's what the minors are for.  Iglesias can be helped and improved offensively with more minor league reps.  Why would anyone say otherwise is beyond me.  Scuttaro can handle the role, and if he proves that he cannot, then something can be done we when reach that determination, but not before.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

ubahero, ......If Scutaro shows he can't handle it, which he has in the past, then what? Suppose he gets hurt,then what? What do you have in mind  with "then something can be done."? All options denying Inglesias his chance before the trade deadline are not viable. Let him play and see what he can do. If the 8MM is accurate, somebody must have seen  something in this kid that they liked. Probably his glove work. Bring him up and let him play.                   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]                   ubahero, ......If Scutaro shows he can't handle it, which he has in the past, then what? Suppose he gets hurt,then what? What do you have in mind  with "then something can be done."? All options denying Inglesias his chance before the trade deadline are not viable. Let him play and see what he can do. If the 8MM is accurate, somebody must have seen  something in this kid that they liked. Probably his glove work. Bring him up and let him play.                   
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

What isn't viable about a more experienced SS prospect getting a shot?  Navarro just need a couple games to get his timing back now that he's off of the DL and he's far more polished offensively while being above average with the glove and he can play all over the field.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Jed is on the 15-DL, Sox brought up Sutton, now in for cueball at 3rd

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Not wrong, as I didnt say what they would do. I said what they should do, you captious loser.

YOU ARE STILL WRONG!!!!!