Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who takes his place?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who ta...

That's right....that's why I warned people to not count on him.  He's part of the 51 million dollars on the bench this year.  And there were some who suggested he could be the closer this year........Forget Jenks.  Let's just chalk this up as another "Theo being Theo" matter and move on......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who ta...

Jenks is toast. I agree, rack this up as a very bad signing and move on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

We hope the added surgery is successful. 

The Sox have a back up plan in place -Atch, Bowden and a former Whilte Sox pitcher--Josh Fields. All three are capable--no need to rush Jenks back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

who is Bobby Jenks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who takes his place?:
    We hope the added surgery is successful.  The Sox have a back up plan in place -Atch, Bowden and a former Whilte Sox pitcher--Josh Fields. All three are capable--no need to rush Jenks back.
    Posted by MadMc44

To be precise, that's former Seattle relief prospect Josh Fields, the one-time first-round pick whom the Red Sox acquired with Erik Bedard in three-team deal at the trade deadline last July. Fields pitched well in nine appearances at Double A Portland following the trade.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=fields003jos

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

And the hits just keep on comin'!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

This team is so thin right now that any injury to any starter - starting pitcher or the starting 9 and this team will be toast faster than the 2006 version.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Didn't the Red Sox have a pitcher about ten years back that fell out of bed and cut his hand on a drinking glass? He was never the same after that. Did the fans blame that on the GM also?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Was anybody really counting on a good year of healthy pitching from Bobby?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Nope, I wasn't.  That was my point.  But there were some who talked about Jenks as part of a "Closer by Committee" this season........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who takes his place?:
    We hope the added surgery is successful.  The Sox have a back up plan in place -Atch, Bowden and a former Whilte Sox pitcher--Josh Fields. All three are capable--no need to rush Jenks back.
    Posted by MadMc44

All 3 could be capable, but Bowden and Fields are far from proven at the MLB level.  Fields won't break camp with Boston since he isn't on the 40 man roster, and we have too many out of options pitchers already.  Fields could certainly be helpful in 2013 or 2014 though, with a 40 man roster spot following the 2012 season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Bobby Junks was a waste of $12 million bucks.     Too fat to begin with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

hill---you are correct it was the Mariners.
    I saw him pitch during the Futures games at Fenway last summer and he looked comfortable and in control. 
    JB I actually think the Sox patience with Bowden has begun to pay off--I think he will help the team as a pitcher this year or in trade for another piece.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

hill---you are correct it was the Mariners. I saw him pitch during the Futures games at Fenway last summer and he looked comfortable and in control.  JB I actually think the Sox patience with Bowden has begun to pay off--I think he will help the team as a pitcher this year or in trade for another piece.
    Posted by MadMc44

He certainly could be a viable option, but he certainly isn't proven at the MLB level at this point.  At least Atchison has shown that he can get it done in Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I wouldnt count Jenks out completely, but no one should count on him, but anyone who has had a back injury understands how that would affect him being effective. That said, if the surgey is successful in easing the pain and since he will again be pitching for a next year contract with someone, he may be a motivated and good second half pitcher.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Addition by subtraction.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Lackey @ 14 million

Dice K @ 10 Million

Crawford @ 21 Million

What another 6 Million in Jenks?  It just another what? 10-15% more in wasted fan's money...

Theo's got some splaning to do.  Wait, he high tailed it before he had to face up to the disaster he created. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

How did he pass his physical when he signed his contract?  Did they use the same doctor that gave Schilling his last physical?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Who Lackey?  Jenks?  Cameron?

I think that they used the same doctor that allowed Pedey to play with a broken foot late in 2010.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

I look at Jenks and DiceK in the same light - anything they contribute in 2012 will be a bonus.  If Jenks isn't ready for opening day, either Bowden or Atchison provide more flexibility (can pitch multiple innings when needed), which is very valuable especially early in the year when starters may still not be fully stretched out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Bonus?  You might change that description once Jenks takes the hill.  The last time I saw that load it was after the game where he threw wild pitch after wild pitch until he inevitably blew the game).....was then interviewed by Heidi, insisted he wasn't hurt several occassions throughout the interview........the next day he was DL'ed and didn't return for the remainder of the season......I hate to say it but Ozzie man, you were right!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

I just saw the photo of a "skinny" Bobby Jenks and if his back is fixed he could turn out to be a real contributor by the middle of the season. The guy knows how to pitch and win and when healthy may be the biggest surprise of 2012. Let's hope those removed chips are relocated on his shoulder!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I just saw the photo of a "skinny" Bobby Jenks and if his back is fixed he could turn out to be a real contributor by the middle of the season. The guy knows how to pitch and win and when healthy may be the biggest surprise of 2012. Let's hope those removed chips are relocated on his shoulder!
    Posted by TheRedStain

Jenks:  CHIPS??  DID SOMEONE SAY CHIPS?!?

Sections
Shortcuts