Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who takes his place?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who ta...

To all those who are gung ho for us to go sign Oswalt should just look at this signing as a reason not to. 30+ pitchers w/ bad backs never good returns on investment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who ta...

Since Theo is going to the cubs and not giving anything to us in return, except not hiring anyone else he should at least have to take Jenks, Lackey and CC contract.  I think CC will bounce back but the other two should have to follow Theo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Only one poster said to "avoid Jenks like the plague", last winter. Another 12 million pile of nothing from Inepstein.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who takes his place?:
    [QUOTE]I just saw the photo of a "skinny" Bobby Jenks and if his back is fixed he could turn out to be a real contributor by the middle of the season. The guy knows how to pitch and win and when healthy may be the biggest surprise of 2012. Let's hope those removed chips are relocated on his shoulder!
    Posted by TheRedStain[/QUOTE]

That would be a big surprise indeed.  Maybe even bigger than Bobby's gut.  Personally I suspect he'll follow Drew's example from last year and cruise through the last year of his contract on the DL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I understand that InEpstein was playing guitar hero when he should have been looking at obvious red flags on Buffet Bobby. One does not need to be House to figure out that Jenks was a medical disaster sitting in a south side dumpster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Theo really did his homework on Jenks. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who takes his place?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who takes his place? : That would be a big surprise indeed.  Maybe even bigger than Bobby's gut.  Personally I suspect he'll follow Drew's example from last year and cruise through the last year of his contract on the DL.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

One could only imagine how Carl Crawford will do in the final year of his contract if he hits the cruise-control button.  Do you think he could play a worse left field?  Is it possible to have an OBP of less than .250?  We shall eventually find out but could you imgine:

BA .225
    OBP .250
    HR's 5
    SB's - 10
    CS - 5
    RBI - 45
    K's - 150
    BB's - 25
    E's - 12

Lewis
    Williams
    Yaz
    Rice
    Greenwell
    Manny
    and Timmy Lupus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]I understand that InEpstein was playing guitar hero when he should have been looking at obvious red flags on Buffet Bobby. One does not need to be House to figure out that Jenks was a medical disaster sitting in a south side dumpster.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Very nice.  I would only add that "south side dumpster" is a bit redundant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

the answer is simple, keep bard in the bullpen. If the sox are smart they keep both aceves and bard in the pen. I would give doubront a shot at the number 5 spot. The main thing right now is that the sox need to acquire a pitcher and that pitcher is matt garza. if they do land him, the will have 4 spots in the rotation set. The 5 spot can go to doubront(my choice) or perhaps even someone like carlos silva or they could take a shot on someone like brandon webb for cheap. The pen will then have bailey, bard, melancon, aceves, morales, albers and if the sox are smart one more lefty. That other lefty is important given the unreliability of morales. Look at the free agent market there is one name that stands out to that would be a perfect fit for the sox, mike gonzalez. The sox did sign jesse carlons and rich hill to minor league deals and there is a chance one of them could fill that role. both are coming off injuries so they are relative unknowns. Rich hill was pitching great for us until he got injured so if he is able to show that he is healthy and effective then he would likely get the last spot in the pen. When jenks comes back, then things could get interesting. A healthy bobby jenks would give the sox the best back end of a bullpen in baseball as he would be joining the group of bailey, bard, melancon. That would be one heck of bullpen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]That's right....that's why I warned people to not count on him.  He's part of the 51 million dollars on the bench this year.  And there were some who suggested he could be the closer this year........Forget Jenks.  Let's just chalk this up as another "Theo being Theo" matter and move on......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Who really cares? If he would get some meat off his fat azz,Maybe  his back would be ok.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Jenks will be back by May. It is really important especially with all the arms in the bullpen this year that is healthy at some points and stays healthy from that point on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Was anybody really counting on a good year of healthy pitching from Bobby?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Absolutely no one was counting on him.  I have like 10 guys that might or might not make the BP, and he ain't one of them.  Still, we need to have topics for people to whine about.  I don't think we'll have any issues out of the BP unless they want to make both Bard and Aceves starters.  I'd like to see us give Tazawa, Doubront, and Bowden a shot in the BP.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]I understand that InEpstein was playing guitar hero when he should have been looking at obvious red flags on Buffet Bobby. One does not need to be House to figure out that Jenks was a medical disaster sitting in a south side dumpster.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

So you really were Law in this forum. I've been 80 percent convinced for two years but many forum regulars just prefer to look the other way. That tells me that they prefer trolls for their entertainment value.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He wasn't Law; he was softlaw. It is possible to have 2 or more seperate trolls in one place.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]How did he pass his physical when he signed his contract?  Did they use the same doctor that gave Schilling his last physical?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Embolisms are not predictable. They are the result of plaque, fatty deposits, cholesterol on the walls of the arteries and a piece can break lose at any time and cause embolisms. If you are a fast food, pizza, chicken wings, ice cream, cheese eater, it might happen to you. Should the Red Sox check each player coming via trade, FA signing, and in the draft - that is another question. It seems easy to blame authority figures today for everything that goes wrong in baseball, politics, and elsewhere ( Andrewmitch). Why not blame just a few things on bad luck instead of scapegoating. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Theo is famous for not giving physicals, like Jenks, Cameron who could not hit his weight but had the greatest physique in baseball. No physical for JD Drew either. I have my doubts he put Lackey through one either. 
    I have never liked Ozzie Guillen but he was right about Jenks, beside seeing him last year he looked like he was eating himself right out of the league.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Theo is famous for not giving physicals, like Jenks, Cameron who could not hit his weight but had the greatest physique in baseball. No physical for JD Drew either. I have my doubts he put Lackey through one either.  I have never liked Ozzie Guillen but he was right about Jenks, beside seeing him last year he looked like he was eating himself right out of the league.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks has a second procedure-More fragments taken from back- unlikely to be ready for the start of spring training-Who takes his place? : I'd like to see us give Tazawa, Doubront, and Bowden a shot in the BP. personally I think both the sox and Doubront would be better off with him staying stretched out starting in Pawtucket I think he, 24 yrs old lefty with  a 1.22 whip ,  deserves 1 more chance (yr)  at being a starter
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

He's out of options.

And if there is one constant for the RS, it's that our #6 usually gets as many starts as someone else's #3.  I like Tazawa better than Doubront, but I could easily see them both getting 10+ starts.

In addition, for non-star prospects, I think LR/#6 SP is a good way to develop.  I want these guys to get some starts, but not think that they will be relied upon every 5th day.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

KST and C&P. Are they supermarket chains in the New Haven area?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Hate to say it, but I think the back-up plan is Wake at 5 . . .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]That's right....that's why I warned people to not count on him.  He's part of the 51 million dollars on the bench this year.  And there were some who suggested he could be the closer this year........Forget Jenks.  Let's just chalk this up as another "Theo being Theo" matter and move on......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Wow, who would have guessed the vitriol would get dumber once Drew retired?

So you are blaming Epstein for Matsuzaka as a wasteful contract because, six years into the deal, he is on the DL?  Really?  I know Matsuzaka has had injuries before, but you know who else has? A LOT OF PITCHERS!  ESPECIALLY OVER A 6 YEAR STRETCH!

Lackey was bad last year, but if that was related to his elbow, how is that the GMs fault?  They took some precautions against that in his contract but beyond that, it’s not like Epstein or any GM has the power to lay hands on him and heal him.  We have never had Mr. Miyagi running this team.

Or is it the GMs fault for signing players with no significant injury history to contracts, and then having the players get injured?   Do you get the irony that you spent one hand typing out vitriol railing against Epstein for signing guys who went on to get hurt while using the other to suggest the Sox spend $8mill on Scott Kazmir and Jon Garland?  (In case you missed it, Garland is coming off arm surgery and very unlikely to be the “innings eater” you repeatedly insist he is.)  And your fascination with Scott Kazmir in this light is simply beyond comprehension, and apparently, total hypocrisy.

I know you only have an attention span that lasts one year; that has been established numerous times.  And you hate OPS because it is clearly too heavily influenced by walks, despite them actually being the smallest component invovled.  And now you have joined those who complain the GM is not a psychic.  How about giving him credit for NOT bringing back Jason Bay for the exact reasons you complain about?

And another thing – learn to type.  You missed the “B” in your name by two full keys!