JENKS OR BARD AS TEMPORARY CLOSER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

JENKS OR BARD AS TEMPORARY CLOSER?

i'm going with jenks. bard has been shaky in that role. he has been hot lately but to me it proves he should not be disturbed. jenks is a vet, been there and done that and is throwing much better and been coming in with serious threats all around unlike bard who always seems to come in with the bases empty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Re: JENKS OR BARD AS TEMPORARY CLOSER?

Geez, it's just three games, so I don't think anyone needs to be appointed to an unofficial role.  We don't even know when it'll be at this point.  The pitcher who pitches the 9th will depend upon the situation, (i.e. matchups, who's got the hot hand at the time, and their workloads).  Bard may close one game, and Jenks another.  Who knows?  They may not even need a closer for those three games. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

the appeal may reduce the suspension to two

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Okajima.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: JENKS OR BARD AS TEMPORARY CLOSER?:
    Okajima.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

You, you... Wisenheimer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Why not go with Tim Wakefield?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Bard is a proven he is a closer.  Let the kid show his stuff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

In Response to Re: JENKS OR BARD AS TEMPORARY CLOSER?:
    Bard is a proven he is a closer.  Let the kid show his stuff.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it

yes this seems logical to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Bard hands down.  Both have been lights out of late, so certainly no bad answer here (so long as you stick to the multiple choice question).  Funny thing about a closer is that they usually do come into the game with the bases empty (especially how Tito manages), so I'm not sure I follow your argument for Jenks.  Again, this shouldn't be more than 2 games (honestly it should only be 1, this whole situation is a joke), not sure it makes a big difference short term, although Paps could benefit from the rest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

JB, paps is the only bullpen arm that hasn't been overworked. With bards being the most and jenks just off the the DL. i would opt for Jenks if possible, giving much needed rest to Bard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Bard

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softy votes for : Wheeler.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Jenks has been awful this season, so it has to be Bard. 

Sections
Shortcuts