Jenks.......what's the deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Jenks.......what's the deal?

3 times this year on the DL. Fluke happenings or sign of bad pickup? I wanted and expected this guy to have some sort of impact. Will it happen?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Jenks.......what's the deal?

It's just Theo being Theo

First, it was get Cammy to replace Jake and now it's get Jenks to replace Paps....Scary stuff.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If Jenks could get his weight somewhere south of the 250 mark, his back might actually feel better..Put the fork down Jenks!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal?:
    [QUOTE]It's just Theo being Theo First, it was get Cammy to replace Jake and now it's get Jenks to replace Paps....Scary stuff.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

It would be fun to see all the garbage moves you'd have made if you'd been GM instead of him.  Methinks you wouldn't have the 2 rings.  I'll take Theo warts and all every day of the week. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Very nice - see ya later

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : It would be fun to see all the garbage moves you'd have made if you'd been GM instead of him.  Methinks you wouldn't have the 2 rings.  I'll take Theo warts and all every day of the week. 
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

theo apologists are like cockroaches; they're everywhere.
    if there is a GM out there who has made more despicable free agent signings than the raccoon, please name him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

LOOKS TO BE A BUM DEAL......  HE HAS A CONDITIONING PROBLEM..... END OF THE LINE !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : theo apologists are like cockroaches; they're everywhere. if there is a GM out there who has made more despicable free agent signings than the raccoon, please name him.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

yeah, winning the world series twice and being in first place today sure sucks.

he was a year behind me at Yale.  i happen to like seeing him succeed.  unlike all the bashers who live to watch and hope others fail.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

it was pretty clearly stated by Ozzie that Jenks issues the past few seasons have been due to not being in shape. I assume if the SOx had put some clauses in the contract, Jenks would have signed with some one else.
    Pretty clear Jenks can't be trusted to be the closer for a team with WS apirations every year.
    Also pretty clear to me that warts and all, Paplbon has been pretty amazing. Sox should pay Paplbon accordingly.
    Just saying, guy like Bell of the Padres looks like his waist is going the way of Jenks, and Bell has such a violent delivery he seems like he is an injury waiting to happen. You want to compete with the Yanks and Rays, you need Bard and Paplbon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : yeah, winning the world series twice and being in first place today sure sucks. he was a year behind me at Yale.  i happen to like seeing him succeed.  unlike all the bashers who live to watch and hope others fail.

george w was at yale; kind of lowered the bar wouldn't you say?

and as for signing free agents, theo is a complete failure, whether i live to watch it or not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : theo apologists are like cockroaches; they're everywhere. if there is a GM out there who has made more despicable free agent signings than the raccoon, please name him.

What a dooooshe!  Omar Minya comes to mind.  JP Riccardi kept Vernon Wells in what could have been the worst signing in history.  The landscape is littered with GMs who could not cut it yet Theo stands with two titles and the best team in the AL today with most of the staff on the DL.  You are a tool of the highest order.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

Name me a GM who always makes good or perfect moves, or else shut your stupid mouth. It's the Theo critics who have become tiring, by claiming he's terrible due to certain individual moves. Try looking at the big picture for once.

For everyone, Theo critics, supporters, or in between, here's the simple truth: as long as Theo runs a team in a market that demands YEAR TO YEAR championship caliber clubs, he will be forced to take on players he would otherwise have passed on in order to avoid down seasons.

The only way to try and make the playoffs every year is to have quality AND depth, so that your team is good and so you can handle the inevitable, unpredictable negatives (slumps, down years, injury) of a 162 game schedule. It's very difficult to have either one...quality is expensive, and to be able to afford depth AND quality usually requires that you take chances on cheaper, imperfect players with upside.

Cameron has always been an efficient value of a player, and Theo could never have predicted KIDNEY STONES with him. That was a smart signing that was struck by bad luck. It happens. And Jenks also made sense...the only reason he was ever available for reasonable money IS BECAUSE OF THE RISK he presented. Looks like he won't work out...that's the way the game is played. Sometimes, you get a Saltalamacchia, sometimes you get an Ortiz, sometimes you get a Wheeler (solid, but up and down), and sometimes you get a fat Jenks. As long as it adds up to a good or better team every year, though, he's done his job...and if you don't think so, you're just to stubborn or blind to see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Omar minaya

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Jenks was not brought in to replace Paps. He was brought in to lighten the load on Bard. His back is sore and that can be the result of weight or not. Since there are many skinny people with bad backs like Clay. Hopefully his recent treatment will work.BTW Bard is the heir apparent to Paps according to many.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : Name me a GM who always makes good or perfect moves, or else shut your stupid mouth. It's the Theo critics who have become tiring, by claiming he's terrible due to certain individual moves. Try looking at the big picture for once. For everyone, Theo critics, supporters, or in between, here's the simple truth: as long as Theo runs a team in a market that demands YEAR TO YEAR championship caliber clubs, he will be forced to take on players he would otherwise have passed on in order to avoid down seasons. The only way to try and make the playoffs every year is to have quality AND depth, so that your team is good and so you can handle the inevitable, unpredictable negatives (slumps, down years, injury) of a 162 game schedule. It's very difficult to have either one...quality is expensive, and to be able to afford depth AND quality usually requires that you take chances on cheaper, imperfect players with upside. Cameron has always been an efficient value of a player, and Theo could never have predicted KIDNEY STONES with him. That was a smart signing that was struck by bad luck. It happens. And Jenks also made sense...the only reason he was ever available for reasonable money IS BECAUSE OF THE RISK he presented. Looks like he won't work out...that's the way the game is played. Sometimes, you get a Saltalamacchia, sometimes you get an Ortiz, sometimes you get a Wheeler (solid, but up and down), and sometimes you get a fat Jenks. As long as it adds up to a good or better team every year, though, he's done his job...and if you don't think so, you're just to stubborn or blind to see it.
    Posted by redsoxu571[/QUOTE]

All I can say is that this post should end the discussion for good.  It won't.  But it should!  Nice!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : What a dooooshe!  Omar Minya comes to mind.  JP Riccardi kept Vernon Wells in what could have been the worst signing in history.  The landscape is littered with GMs who could not cut it yet Theo stands with two titles and the best team in the AL today with most of the staff on the DL.  You are a tool of the highest order.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

coming from a theo boot-licker, i expected your abuse.
    speaking of tools, i think i'll refer to you as a THEO HOE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : Name me a GM who always makes good or perfect moves, or else shut your stupid mouth. It's the Theo critics who have become tiring, by claiming he's terrible due to certain individual moves. Try looking at the big picture for once. For everyone, Theo critics, supporters, or in between, here's the simple truth: as long as Theo runs a team in a market that demands YEAR TO YEAR championship caliber clubs, he will be forced to take on players he would otherwise have passed on in order to avoid down seasons. The only way to try and make the playoffs every year is to have quality AND depth, so that your team is good and so you can handle the inevitable, unpredictable negatives (slumps, down years, injury) of a 162 game schedule. It's very difficult to have either one...quality is expensive, and to be able to afford depth AND quality usually requires that you take chances on cheaper, imperfect players with upside. Cameron has always been an efficient value of a player, and Theo could never have predicted KIDNEY STONES with him. That was a smart signing that was struck by bad luck. It happens. And Jenks also made sense...the only reason he was ever available for reasonable money IS BECAUSE OF THE RISK he presented. Looks like he won't work out...that's the way the game is played. Sometimes, you get a Saltalamacchia, sometimes you get an Ortiz, sometimes you get a Wheeler (solid, but up and down), and sometimes you get a fat Jenks. As long as it adds up to a good or better team every year, though, he's done his job...and if you don't think so, you're just to stubborn or blind to see it.
    Posted by redsoxu571[/QUOTE]

another THEO HOE heard from.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : All I can say is that this post should end the discussion for good.  It won't.  But it should!  Nice!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

isn't that cute, theo apologists bonding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

triple posting makes you the (attention) wh0re.  this thread was supposed to be about Jenks but now it's about you.  did you even like Yaz?  how could you be old enough to be a Yaz fan and yet still remain such a child?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : coming from a theo boot-licker, i expected your abuse. speaking of tools, i think i'll refer to you as a THEO HOE.

Abuse?  That's your definition of abuse?  Theo Hoe...that's funny...you write your own lame material?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]triple posting makes you the (attention) wh0re.  this thread was supposed to be about Jenks but now it's about you.  did you even like Yaz?  how could you be old enough to be a Yaz fan and yet still remain such a child?

you're right, this thread was about jenks, thus it's also about the idiot who signed him.
    are you capable of two thoughts at the same time?
    and what does my dislike for the arrogant raccoon have to do with YAZ?
    how could you have gone to yale and remained such a redneck?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

your username(s) have/had the word "yaz" in them.

redneck?  talk about non-sequiturs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks.......what's the deal? : coming from a theo boot-licker, i expected your abuse. speaking of tools, i think i'll refer to you as a THEO HOE.

This hoe has taken the family to Boston for 2 parades since 2004 along with countless other Sox memories through the years.  Trips to Baltimore, Philly, Toronto, and Texas for Sox wins during each trip.  So, as much as you'd like to bash and wish it weren't true, Theo has done the job and done it well.  He has made mistakes like everyone has in their professional lives.  That's the way it goes.  But all in all, even those Sox fans who don't like him really do like him in secret.  Face.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

The thing is that people who hate Epstein are perfect and never make mistakes and live perfect lives.  I think it was because mom and dad told them they were the center of the universe.  They have a right to demand perfection in others. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

There is not one team in the major leagues who wouldn't hire Theo if he was free and they needed a GM. Many teams would jettison their current GM if Theo was available. Most owners are smarter and more savvy than anyone on this board, so I guess Theo doesn't have to worry about job security.