1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Jeremy Hazelbaker

If anyone thinks Middy has a temper they should be there at McCoy when Hazelbaker strikes out.  When he does the bat goes flying and the helmet gets thown into the ground.

Saturday he was up with two outs and I told the people next to me what Jeremy would do if he strikes out to end the inning.  Sure enough he does and the helmet and bat go flying but then as predicted, he walks out in the direction of center field.  Then JBJ usually catched up with him with his cap and glove and gingerly hands it to Baker.  Once Jeremy gets his glove he cuts over to left.

In addition to a temper which most fans expect to see, he has a cannon for an arm.

Middy is one of the calmer guys I have seen at McCoy.  Just Like Ortiz and many other players, he will blow steam from time to time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Jeremy Hazelbaker

Too funny. This post and the other one about Will Middlebrooks got me thinking about when these guys develop these "tempers". I saw Hazelbaker a few years ago when he played a few games for the Spinners and there was none of that. Same thing with Middlebrooks.

Come to think of it there are never temper tantrums at the Spinners games...at least in all the games that I've been to over the many years I've been going there. Single A baseball is much more disciplined..more like college I suppose. I guess they pick up these habits by the time they get to AAA ball.

Funny..in spite of all the comments in the Red Sox forum about how that "passion and anger" should be encouraged and are so important...I am still able to thoroughly enjoy watching Spinners games which have none of that and are just pure baseball.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It doesn't take much encouragement for Little Leaguers to act like Big Leaguers. For those that haven't read Mike Matheny's letter to parents of the Little League team he coached before he became manager of the Cardinal's--It's on line --it's worth the read:

"Mike Matheny's letter to parents"--google it. The MLB network announcers mentioned it last week on a broadcast.

I'm surprised DeSarcena accepts that behavior. If it happens once --WMB yesterday-OK---if it becomes a habit, like apparently it has with Hazelbaker, that's not funny as far as I'm concerned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

It doesn't take much encouragement for Little Leaguers to act like Big Leaguers. For those that haven't read Mike Matheny's letter to parents of the Little League team he coached before he became manager of the Cardinal's--It's on line --it's worth the read:

"Mike Matheny's letter to parents"--google it. The MLB network announcers mentioned it last week on a broadcast.

I'm surprised DeSarcena accepts that behavior. If it happens once --WMB yesterday-OK---if it becomes a habit, like apparently it has with Hazelbaker, that's not funny as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry if I came across as suggesting it was funny.  My point is that Middy is calm and one outburst doesn't warrant the pink hats to start suggesting this will keep in Triple A, especially when I think none of them have been to McCoy or even Fenway when he was there.

On the positive side with jeremy, he is old school in the way he gets upset.  He never makes eye contact with the umpire after a strike out and during the at bat, like Yaz, Baker keeps eyes peered to the outfield when complaining about a strike.

Cricket:  Glad you got to see Jeremy at the Spinners.  I like him but I think he may not progress past triple A.  The picture they put up of him before his at bats has him with a stupid grin and he looks like Opey Taylor.  When he ges made he looks nothing like that picture.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Too funny. This post and the other one about Will Middlebrooks got me thinking about when these guys develop these "tempers". I saw Hazelbaker a few years ago when he played a few games for the Spinners and there was none of that. Same thing with Middlebrooks.

Come to think of it there are never temper tantrums at the Spinners games...at least in all the games that I've been to over the many years I've been going there. Single A baseball is much more disciplined..more like college I suppose. I guess they pick up these habits by the time they get to AAA ball.

Funny..in spite of all the comments in the Red Sox forum about how that "passion and anger" should be encouraged and are so important...I am still able to thoroughly enjoy watching Spinners games which have none of that and are just pure baseball.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

In short season Lowell its mostly new draftees or young 18-19yo kids just getting their pro career started...They are just pretty stoked about everything at this point. Once they get to be 26 like Haze and still hanging in AAA, then the frustration might start to show a bit.

I dont think the "passion and anger" should be encourage, but more expected from time to time. Doesnt make it right, but it happens.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Southpaw...Yes..Lowell has a season that is far too short for me. There are some players there who are there for more than one season. One of my favorites last year and this year has been a guy named Kendick Perkins. I doubt he's going to make it to Pawtucket..but he's fun to watch and always hustling ( okay..and the name coincidence doesn't hurt to get him noticed in the first place!)

Jack...it's kind of cool seeing a lot of the prospects before they turn into "someone". I get to say things like " I knew Ellsbury when...."

" My response  in order of your questions/concerns: I don't know who that poster is but I find them somewhat creepy.Yes..and if the well wishes are sincere..then thank you. I didn't see that post. It's difficult to really "know" anything without trust..more importantly it doesn't matter to me. I hope you are well too, I mean that sincerely...and as to your final question...I believe very strongly in a bit of advice given by Vito Corleone....."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms-obstinate99's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

Southpaw...Yes..Lowell has a season that is far too short for me. There are some players there who are there for more than one season. One of my favorites last year and this year has been a guy named Kendick Perkins. I doubt he's going to make it to Pawtucket..but he's fun to watch and always hustling ( okay..and the name coincidence doesn't hurt to get him noticed in the first place!)

Jack...it's kind of cool seeing a lot of the prospects before they turn into "someone". I get to say things like " I knew Ellsbury when...."

" My response  in order of your questions/concerns: I don't know who that poster is but I find them somewhat creepy.Yes..and if the well wishes are sincere..then thank you. I didn't see that post. It's difficult to really "know" anything without trust..more importantly it doesn't matter to me. I hope you are well too, I mean that sincerely...and as to your final question...I believe very strongly in a bit of advice given by Vito Corleone....."

Ugghhh, please tell me he isn't up to his old games?

No..no..not at all. I just like the new avatar so much that I thought I'd finally respond to an old message. Besides..there are a few things in life I have a soft spot for...horses are very close to the top of that list.

Sections
Shortcuts